Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2021 (All up)

goldfishwars

26 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Our draft was one of the worst.

I know you didnt like what the Rams did but I didnt think you would feel it was the worst draft out of all teams. Ive looked everywhere and the worst Ive seen is C grade for the Rams. Mel Kiper Jr of ESPN gave the Rams B+. Chad Reuter of NFL.com gave the Rams an A. Walterfootball gave the Rams a C. Bucky Brooks from the NFL Network gave the Rams a C+. Profootball Focus gave the Rams a C. CBSSports.com gave the Rams a B-. USA Today gave the Rams a B+ grade. So my point is yes there were some that didnt love what the Rams did but they didnt think the Rams stunk up the draft. And by all the negative talk on here from not just you and @goldfishwars but others I wouldve thought that so many of the experts or at least people who get paid to follow the draft process would really kill the Rams draft. So I was pleasantly surprised by the Rams receiving no lower than a C but alot of B's and even a A. At least my eye test thought that yes the Rams didnt kill the draft but they had a plan and thus I dont think they failed either. Plus it comes down to trusting Les and McVay so even though alot of people are giving the Rams a C grade we know those players will get coached up and be put in situations to play well on the field and we will look back and say some of those players turned out to be not so bad as I thought they would be ala Fuller from last draft when people was freaking out and even years ago Johnson III who alot of Rams fans was left scratching their head about in the 3rd round. 

Edited by stl4life07

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Idk as I really was zoned in on the Rams draft. It’s going to be interesting to see who you rank ahead of the Rams though. 

I'm going to spoil it for you and tell you that it is every team except the Texans. 

• Like 16

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

I 1000% disagree with the statement of the Rams don’t have players ready to compete from day one. Tutu will come in and make an immediate impact on offense with short routes and jet sweeps which is a staple of McVay offense. Funk and Harris will make immediate impacts on special teams. Brown is going to replace Brockers and Rochell is going to replace Hill. Jones will be the inside linebacker. 

I’ll take solace that Mel Kiper Jr gave the Rams a B+ grade which is tied for 4th best in the league. He likes nearly every pick the Rams made and the only reason he didn’t give the Rams an A was because they didn’t address the OL. He said the Rams got great value with their picks and the Jones pick you didn’t like and most didn’t like, Mel said he thought Jones could’ve snuck into the 2nd round. So it’s going to be interesting to see if your assessment is right or wrong. I do like the fact you put time and effort into this though. I just totally disagree that the Rams had the 31st worst draft. Not saying it was the best but not one of the worst.

My brother, I just want to see you criticize the Rams just once. About absolutely anything. Just once.

• Like 14

4 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Ive looked everywhere and the worst Ive seen is C grade for the Rams. Mel Kiper Jr of ESPN gave the Rams B+. Chad Reuter of NFL.com gave the Rams an A. Walterfootball gave the Rams a C. Bucky Brooks from the NFL Network gave the Rams a C+. Profootball Focus gave the Rams a C. CBSSports.com gave the Rams a B-. USA Today gave the Rams a B+ grade.

I mean....

E0Y8zeGWYAQj3fy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

• Like 8

20 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

Hi guys

Bringing this back again this year, the DMs were stacking up with guys begging for it and I couldn't let fans of my work down. Therefore I have begun work on this year's ranks, so please feel free to tune in and cheer on your team's ranking as they appear. As usual, these will appear from worst to best as the write-ups have been finished. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind fans of teams will agree with all of my criticisms.

This is a very good disclaimer you should add to this;

• Like 7

30. New Orleans Saints

Saints Draft 2021: Draft Grades from the NFL World - Sports Illustrated New  Orleans Saints News, Analysis and More

This Class In One Sentence:
A reachy sort of draft which lacked the fireworks we were expecting heading into it and then didn't deliver obvious solutions to the open holes in that roster. 

Pre-Draft Needs 
QB, CB, WR, LB

Selections
1. 28. Payton Turner - Houston | DE |
2. 60. Pete Werner - Ohio State | LB |
3. 76. Paulson Adebo - Stanford | CB |
4. 133. Ian Book - Notre Dame | QB |
6. 206. Landon Young - Kentucky | OT |
7. 255. Kawaan Baker - South Alabama | WR |

Picks Heading In

What I Liked
I think there’s stuff to like about all three of their first three picks. I’d feel more comfortable taking Payton Turner in the second round, than the first and ahead of the likes of Jayson Oweh, but he played like a wrecking ball at Houston and has untapped potential as a pass-rusher. 

On a similar theme, Werner has plenty to like – but he felt more like a third-round prospect than a second, but he has three-down potential at linebacker. Adebo felt about right at 76, an odd prospect who has been up and down in the eyes of analysts. Arguably the best corner available when selected, I would be surprised if he could slide right into the vacant spot opposite Lattimore. But who knows man, he’s an enigmatic prospect – it’s hard to get a handle on him. All outcomes are possible. 

What I Didn’t Like
Outside of the question of whether the Saints maximised the value of their picks (they didn’t), the bigger question around whether the roster got notably better after the draft is perhaps the more pertinent one when assessing this class. The pre-draft talk about the team coming up for a QB or a corner ended up in a selection for a raw edge rusher who may end up replacing the raw edge prospect which once cost the team two first round picks. 

There’s little to get excited about outside the first three rounds, and that excitement comes with obvious caveats. Ian Book has his fans, I’m not one of them. He’s got a sandlot game with limited physical tools at his disposal – it’s tough to see him thriving in the NFL with that. Landon Young is a former five-star lineman, and you wonder why when you pop on his tape. He’s a good athlete, who gives the Saints some hope he can develop further coming into the league. Kawaan Baker I know absolutely nothing about, other appears to be fast and explosive in a straight line (his agility testing was bad) and not the receiver prospect Saints fans had been hoping they might draft.