1982 1 4 4 Art Schlichter Colts
  1976 11 27 318 Cornelius Greene Cowboys
  1974 8 21 203 Greg Hare Bills
  1971 10 26 260 Rex Kern Colts
  1971 15 12 376 Ron Maciejowski Bears
  1959 23 11 275 Frank Kremblas Giants
  1955 13 12 157 Johnny Borton Browns
  1943 6 5 45 Les Horvath Rams
  1. It's not like there's any sort of track record for the Buckeyes either. Arguably the best QB they've sent was Kent Graham.
  2. I did not know that Tom Tupa was both a QB and a punter.

It’s still a stupid reason for not liking a QB prospect. How many great NFL QBs are the only ones to become great starters from their college? I’d say most of them. 

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

It’s still a stupid reason for not liking a QB prospect. How many great NFL QBs are the only ones to become great starters from their college? I’d say most of them. 

Okay, how about the fact that North Dakota State has just one less QB selected in the first round than Ohio State?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Woz said:

Okay, how about the fact that North Dakota State has just one less QB selected in the first round than Ohio State?

It doesn’t matter. Talent evaluators should/do draft QB prospects, not schools. For a long time under Urban Meyer Ohio State recruited running QBs bc they mostly ran a zone read offense. Now, under Ryan Day you’re seeing a difference in the type of QB who’s playing w/ Fields & Stroud etc who are capable of running but are good pocket passers too.

3 hours ago, Woz said:

How many good Wyoming QBs were there in the NFL before Josh Allen? Nitpicking QBs because of where they played college ball is kinda silly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

How many good Wyoming QBs were there in the NFL before Josh Allen? Nitpicking QBs because of where they played college ball is kinda silly. 

Wyoming isn't a school thought of as winning a national championship every year.

... I suppose this is where @Thaiphoon comes in and checks me on this since NDSU is in that category.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woz said:

Wyoming isn't a school thought of as winning a national championship every year.

... I suppose this is where @Thaiphoon comes in and checks me on this since NDSU is in that category.

No. You're right. Other than Sam Houston St this Spring, and JMU in january 2017, NDSU has won the championship like 8 of the last 10

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lavar703 said:

There’s a difference between a guy popping up from a small school and becoming a star QB in the NFL vs there being a long history of failures from a particular school.  I mean pointing back decades is pointless but if there is recent history of many failures there could be something going on about the system they learn not translating well or something of that nature that has merit imo.

20 hours ago, Woz said:

Well ...

Ohio State

Position Year Round Pick Player Name Team
QB 2021 1 11 11 Justin Fields Bears
  2019 1 15 15 Dwayne Haskins Redskins
  2016 4 41 139 Cardale Jones Bills
  2011s 3 0 0 Terrelle Pryor Raiders
  2007 5 37 174 Troy Smith Ravens
  2004 5 16 148 Craig Krenzel Bears
  2002 6 33 205 Steve Bellisari Rams
  1999 4 6 101 Joe Germaine Rams
  1996 3 24 85 Bobby Hoying Eagles
  1992 8 15 211 Kent Graham Giants
  1988 3 13 68 Tom Tupa Cardinals
  1987 12 15 322 Jim Karsatos Dolphins
  1982 1 4 4 Art Schlichter Colts
  1976 11 27 318 Cornelius Greene Cowboys
  1974 8 21 203 Greg Hare Bills
  1971 10 26 260 Rex Kern Colts
  1971 15 12 376 Ron Maciejowski Bears
  1959 23 11 275 Frank Kremblas Giants
  1955 13 12 157 Johnny Borton Browns
  1943 6 5 45 Les Horvath Rams
  1. It's not like there's any sort of track record for the Buckeyes either. Arguably the best QB they've sent was Kent Graham.
  2. I did not know that Tom Tupa was both a QB and a punter.

More busts than a Playboy magazine. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Woz said:

Alabama comes to mind. They win thr National Championship every year but have never been a QB power house school. Still, didn’t keep Tua from going top 5 & Mac Jones #15.

26 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

There really aren’t many good prospects on the list. Ohio State is the poster child for teams win games, not just QBs, same with Alabama since Saban got there.

That could be turning quickly. All three of Hurts, Tua, and Mac had solid outings. 

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Is it? Maybe what you're talking about isn't what I was reading. 

Justin Fields comes to mind. Despite how Haskins has failed in the pros to improve his game and be professional he was at worst going to be a 2nd round pick if we didn’t take him in round 2. The Ohio State QB who took over for Fields, CJ Stroud who just threw for 434 yards & 3 TDs last week. They seem to be turning towards a better direction of QB play recently. That’s what I was saying.

I’m talking about prospects from Ohio State, I’m not talking necessarily talking about what any of them have done in the pros yet. I mean Haskins had decent outings as a rookie too, if we want to point out every time a QB from a school as has a good game.

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Justin Fields comes to mind. Despite how Haskins has failed in the pros to improve his game and be professional he was at worst going to be a 2nd round pick if we didn’t take him in round 2. The Ohio State QB who took over for Fields, CJ Stroud who just threw for 434 yards & 3 TDs last week. They seem to be turning towards a better direction of QB play recently. That’s what I was saying.

I’m talking about prospects from Ohio State, I’m not talking necessarily talking about what any of them have done in the pros yet. I mean Haskins had decent outings as a rookie too, if we want to point out every time a QB from a school as has a good game.

Okay got it. I'm almost there, but I see how we differed from my interpretation.