2021 Season 53-man Roster Predictions

18 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like it.  I think that we expose Summers, Dafney, or Garvin so we can put Bakhtiari on IR and keep Lancaster. 

Everything I have heard, they really like Ento.  But I am looking at the roster and trying to figure out who goes.  

Ento over SJC or Yiadom

30 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like it.  I think that we expose Summers, Dafney, or Garvin so we can put Bakhtiari on IR and keep Lancaster. 

Everything I have heard, they really like Ento.  But I am looking at the roster and trying to figure out who goes.  

Yea I'm just not comfortable keeping him over a more experienced Yiadom and they aren't going to cut SJC imo. I think Ento is the easiest one to expose to waivers and get back on the PS. Chances are he'll get a shot off the PS some time this season anyways.

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

Yea I'm just not comfortable keeping him over a more experienced Yiadom and they aren't going to cut SJC imo. I think Ento is the easiest one to expose to waivers and get back on the PS. Chances are he'll get a shot off the PS some time this season anyways.

That makes sense too.  I was probably overthinking it.  I just gather that they like him more than say Hollman.

4 hours ago, packfanfb said:

No way SJC should stick over ento on the 53. SJC is great PS candidate IMO.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

No way SJC should stick over ento on the 53. SJC is great PS candidate IMO.

You never know for sure, but I suspect that SJB would be less likely to clear waivers than Ento. One guy is a 5th round pick. The other is an undrafted guy who had to switch positions to get a chance. 

A lot of chatter that Benkert should make the 53 .. nah.  Just cut him and hope he goes unclaimed so you can put him on the PS.  If he gets claimed then you just wish him well and maybe he will be available again next year if needed.  No reason for him to take up a spot this year when we have a clear #1 and #2 QB. 

Edited by {Family Ghost}
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

You never know for sure, but I suspect that SJB would be less likely to clear waivers than Ento. One guy is a 5th round pick. The other is an undrafted guy who had to switch positions to get a chance. 

The other teams watch film. Ento is better in coverage for sure. 

17 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

A lot of chatter that Benkert should make the 53 .. nah.  Just cut him and hope he goes unclaimed so you can put him on the PS.  If he gets claimed then you just wish him well and maybe he will be available again next year if needed.  No reason for him to take up a spot this year when we have a clear #1 and #2 QB. 

The only way a third QB is on my roster is if Love is a lot more hurt than reported.  Benkert is exactly what I want out of a preseason QB.  I would love for him to be signed to the practice squad and watch him again next year.  But just like Tim Boyle, or Craig Nall, you can let him go and not lose a wink of sleep over it.

Just now, ThatJerkDave said:

The only way a third QB is on my roster is if Love is a lot more hurt than reported.  Benkert is exactly what I want out of a preseason QB.  I would love for him to be signed to the practice squad and watch him again next year.  But just like Tim Boyle, or Craig Nall, you can let him go and not lose a wink of sleep over it.

what if Benkert is Joe Callahan 2.0

3 minutes ago, squire12 said:

what if Benkert is Joe Callahan 2.0

I think he is Joe Callahan 2.0.  He of 11 NFL passing yards.  Very entertaining player.  Isn't such a liability that we don't get a look at any pass catchers in preseason games.  No games are won or lost by not having him on a roster.

28 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

The other teams watch film. Ento is better in coverage for sure. 

I think teams also remember who they had on their draft board. 81 players were drafted after the Packers drafted SJC. I suspect their were some teams very interested in drafting him. 

43 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

I think teams also remember who they had on their draft board. 81 players were drafted after the Packers drafted SJC. I suspect their were some teams very interested in drafting him. 

The film don't lie. Your draft boards are often wrong. Not to mention he was projected to go in the 7th round or be an undrafted free agent. 

I'm probably sounding like a hater of this kid. I should stop. 

Edited by Old Guy