2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

33 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

There was next no talk about him all the days prior to the draft either on ESPN or any radio i listen to. How does I kid like him slip thru the cracks. I want back seventy years and i could not find one QB who put up numbers like Herbert did in his rookie year. Look at all the hype Darnold, & Mayfield got before their draft. The Chargers must have one sharp GM

Herbert was more than likely going to be the 1st overall pick if he didn’t decide to go back to Oregon for his senior year. Had a bit of a down year and some bs questions about his leadership abilities just cause he’s a quiet kid. He definitely had a ton of hype around him though.

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Trade for Goedert. Maye and a 3rd

Just think we could off gotten Devin Cook, with Maye pick. Looks like we will be giving another hiigh draft  pick for another third round pick. The math just doesn't add up.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Just think we could off gotten Devin Cook, with Maye pick. Looks like we will be giving another hiigh draft  pick for another third round pick. The math just doesn't add up.

Jim Brown couldn't run behind this OL.  Plus they would probably bench him for not knowing how to play LB or some other stupid excuse.

3 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Everyone else continues to get better.

I love the Cards and Chargers. These are the two teams I hope to see in the super bowl. The Cards did it right and we need to follow that plan. I think Joe Brady can be the Kingsburry and have him draft his QB. I like Spencer Rattler, Howell, Purdy for my top 3 QB's. The key is to get Joe Brady as the HC. He has turned Sam around and has used his WR really well. This is all happening with out CMC. You have to stay a step ahead and do moves that general public don't like. The Cards not only hired Kingsburry who was fired from TT but let him trade away their pervious 1st round pick QB in Rosen to draft a QB #1 in Murray. 

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I love the Cards and Chargers. These are the two teams I hope to see in the super bowl. The Cards did it right and we need to follow that plan. I think Joe Brady can be the Kingsburry and have him draft his QB. I like Spencer Rattler, Howell, Purdy for my top 3 QB's. The key is to get Joe Brady as the HC. He has turned Sam around and has used his WR really well. This is all happening with out CMC. You have to stay a step ahead and do moves that general public don't like. The Cards not only hired Kingsburry who was fired from TT but let him trade away their pervious 1st round pick QB in Rosen to draft a QB #1 in Murray. 

You like Spencer Rattler who just got benched but you **** on Zach Wilson…and how has Joe Brady TURNED Sam around? Sam just threw 5 picks in his last two games in year 4! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

You like Spencer Rattler who just got benched but you **** on Zach Wilson…and how has Joe Brady TURNED Sam around? Sam just threw 5 picks in his last two games in year 4! 

Forget all of this and just trade for Aaron Rodgers. The only problem is we would probably still lose. 

This game against the Pats should tell us all we need to know about the Jets. We will be getting back some of the injury players. Two weeks to prepare for New England. And if we lay and egg in that game, then i think we have to take a hard look at the coaching.

I couldn’t stand Adam Gase as much as the next person (unless that person was @KingOfNewYork) however one thing is for sure……with a talentless roster you could bet our first drive on offense we would look good. The plays he’d of drawn up worked. As the game went on the wheels fell off but that’s more than we are getting right now. 

If we come out sluggish against the Patriots then we know this offensive coaching team we have just can’t get it. God I wish we would of hired Brandon Staley. 

I'm realizing our offense is built to run similar to the Steelers but we're forcing Green Bay style of offense. I think that's one of the biggest problems we're facing. Lafluer isn't great, but I'm not sure if the results would have been much different under any other coach running the same offense. 

When comparing our offensive roster to the Steelers', I'm not matching talent level but the ability to play the roles. Feels like JD was building towards something like it but loved Saleh and what he could potentially bring.