2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

26 minutes ago, JohnnyHectorFan said:

Looks like 2-4 weeks for Wilson. Grasping for something positive but maybe this isn’t the worst thing to happen. Other QBs have sat and watched for one reason or another and come back with a better understanding of the pro game. Plus he can still get back for the last part of the season to get reps. It’s clear he wasn’t ready to start the season. 

I would just keep Wilson on the bench when he returns. 

My question is if Mike White comes out and wins a few games and looks good do you keep him in or put Wilson back in. 

Does it really matter? ZW could be the future GOAT, but on the roster the Jets currently have he might as well be the water boy.

The Jets are terrible from top to bottom, most of the team is made up of backups, none of the TE's could make another roster with the exception of Texas and that is only because they would be hard up.

We have a second round WR who can't get on the field because he is a one trick pony and cannot grasp the playbook. 

The WR's outside of Crowder who will be gone next year, potential in Moore, and Davis, this group is underwhelming. Now that Wilson is sidelined and ML is calling the plays, White as the starter, I expect the Jets will be getting blown out more frequently than not.

The RB's are all backup material with the exception of Carter who has potential as RB2 but for the present RB1.

And the future (2-3 years) doesn't look too promising either.

27 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d keep Zach on the bench for as long as needed. The season is toast and this could be a blessing in disguise. We did the kid a huge disservice so far. Saleh is a clown and nothing he says holds any meaning anymore.

It sure is starting to look that way.  Just the idea of starting a rookie QB with no veteran back up is insane. I can't every remember any NFL team ever doing that. I am really starting to wonder about Saleh.

Edited by doumeyer
  • Like 1

Although he has dropped the ball in certain areas, JD's draft hit/miss ratio is pretty closer to some of the bigger teams out there. The value he has gotten back in his trades is insane. He also wasn't hired until 2 months after the 2019 draft. So his drafts are really 2020 & 2021. He has his flaws, but I don't think we should fire him yet. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I’d keep cole. He’s made more plays than Moore has. I don’t need to see Elijah Moore slip and fall all game or not get open. Outside of a garbage time end around he’s been extremely underwhelming and has not looked like a player that deserves to be out there. Goes to show you this coaching staff doesn’t operate under a meritocracy. We hired the wrong guy and it couldn’t be any clearer after yesterday. 

Imo Cole is stealing snaps from Mims not Moore. I want Moore in the slot and Mims as the second outside guy with Davis. We still have berrios and Smith to spell Moore and Mims if we drop Cole and crowder.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d keep Zach on the bench for as long as needed. The season is toast and this could be a blessing in disguise. We did the kid a huge disservice so far. Saleh is a clown and nothing he says holds any meaning anymore.

Back in the fifties & sixties a rookie QB spent at least two years on the bench, guys like Unitas, was on the bench one year. It really is a lot to ask for a 22 year old kid to step on the field and move his team up & down the field, it has been done but it was few and far between.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Back in the fifties & sixties a rookie QB spent at least two years on the bench, guys like Unitas, was on the bench one year. It really is a lot to ask for a 22 year old kid to step on the field and move his team up & down the field, it has been done but it was few and far between.

If we were a team like, the Patriots for example, I could get on board with it. A stable team with a system in place with players and coaches that know it up and down. But to bring in a QB like Zach (small school, no competition, etc) to a 2 win team, with brand new coaches who are also rookies, and then have no one to back him up, was either ignorant or just plain arrogant

Edited by GangGreen420

2 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

If we were a team like, the Patriots for example, I could get on board with it. A stable team with a system in place with players and coaches that know it up and down. But to bring in a QB like Zach (small school, no competition, etc) to a 2 win team, with brand new coaches who are also rookies, and then have no one to back him up, was either ignorant or just plain arrogant

I agree if you sit down and really think about it, you are right it is ignorant.