2022 NFL Draft Thread

NYRaider

38 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Personally I’d rather have Devin Lloyd or Nakobe dean over Jordan Davis. There is value at dt in day 2 if we can’t get Wyatt IMO.

100% agreed. 

Davis is unique, but at the end of the day, his big size is still not ideal for a pass rusher. Big bodies are sooooo easy to double team in the NFL, and can’t be very slippery. You can make the argument it opens up Crosby on one on one’s, but any quality DT would command a double team from a C/G, so that point is mute. 

Dean and Llyod both have potential to be a Franchise LB. And Wyatt is an ideal 3T. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

After seeing there production combined with their testing I have very little concern with the big boys upfront.  Conditioning with Davis is a possible red flag but beyond that I have nothing.  They could bust but I think the chances of their skills translating well to the pros is very high.

Oh I agree they're great prospects but I just have to be cautious about how much of their success was as a result of a unit and instead an individual basis. I think they'll all be pretty good FWIW. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

same could of been said of Miami defense players way back when. no telling until u take em also we got yannick and crosby so he has talent around him still

You're not wrong. There's also examples of people who weren't as successful bc of their teammates in college. It's obviously a gamble and I think he guys will be fine pros but the concern should exist IMO

1 hour ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You're not wrong. There's also examples of people who weren't as successful bc of their teammates in college. It's obviously a gamble and I think he guys will be fine pros but the concern should exist IMO

listen, sadly outside of a few almost sure guys each year you just nevet know. Some times its about system fit and such too. Put tevor lawrence on Pats so on..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I just saw where Hamilton ran a 4.59. Isn't that rather slow for a safety? I'm really asking because I don't know. And if so could it make him slip? Because if he did. I am sure I know who my pick would be 😆 🤣 

He might slip a little bit but he likely won't get out of the top 7 lol. This kid can play and should be a star in this league. It's crazy that there's really no set pattern for the top picks. I can't remember a draft where everything is fairly wide open. There's legit 4-5 different players that could go first overall which will cause people to shuffle depending on who the top pick is. I like it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, true2form said:

Really wish Free agency happened before the combine.  All of this is sort of meaningless until we know who we sign and what positions are no longer a need.

Understandable if you don't have a competent HC, GM and Scouts. It's the unknown that is bothersome though.

• Like 1

Well the Combine was certainly fun. 

FA aside, as we have little clue who will come available, I think I would prioritize positions in the draft something like this (obviously with a BPA element involved):

LB- there just aren't many to choose from that really stood out to me. If "the" guy is there, gotta take him.

CB- similar to LB, but a bit more variety. 

IDL- Deep class, some absolute freak athletes. Stays a top 3 priority because of need. 

WR- cross it off my Day 1 list. We're gonna find a stud on day 2 easily. 

OT- Day 2 type for me. Nobody we could realistically get wow'd me enough to make me worried about missing out by round 3/4 

S- there were some good showings, but I don't think anyone really boosted their stock this weekend to the point of going early on them (anyone we would have been in position to grab, that is). 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Well the Combine was certainly fun. 

FA aside, as we have little clue who will come available, I think I would prioritize positions in the draft something like this (obviously with a BPA element involved):

LB- there just aren't many to choose from that really stood out to me. If "the" guy is there, gotta take him.

CB- similar to LB, but a bit more variety. 

IDL- Deep class, some absolute freak athletes. Stays a top 3 priority because of need. 

WR- cross it off my Day 1 list. We're gonna find a stud on day 2 easily. 

OT- Day 2 type for me. Nobody we could realistically get wow'd me enough to make me worried about missing out by round 3/4 

S- there were some good showings, but I don't think anyone really boosted their stock this weekend to the point of going early on them (anyone we would have been in position to grab, that is). 

Good summary, I don’t disagree with anything here.

16 hours ago, BigD1123 said:

I just saw where Hamilton ran a 4.59. Isn't that rather slow for a safety? I'm really asking because I don't know. And if so could it make him slip? Because if he did. I am sure I know who my pick would be 😆 🤣 

hell run at 4.4 at his pro day and go top 10 lol 

• Like 1