2022 Draft Talk

swede700

3 hours ago, gopherwrestler said:

I’m really against trading down in this draft unless is going to be an absolute steal and help this years draft. 

How about if they offer up some 2023 capital?  That's when I'd really want some picks to take a swing on a QB.

2 hours ago, NoDakViking said:

How about if they offer up some 2023 capital?  That's when I'd really want some picks to take a swing on a QB.

Considering the new GM is going to be handcuffed with Cousins (and other contracts), and the new coach will need a year to get a good grip on the team, it makes sense to try to get as much 2023 capitol as possible. 

This is not going to be a 1-year resurgence. 

• Like 2

While I like Matt Corral, I also like Sam Howell and personally don't see a giant difference between these two QBs.

I think the people who are saying this is not the year to draft a top in the top third of the draft are correct. But fortunately, DB talent is there and DE talent is there.

2022 draft should all be about BPA - It's hard to gauge where our strengths and weaknesses are when we're going to implementing new schemes on both sides of the ball.

If an elite talent falls to the 12th pick we take them. I don't care if it's OL, DL, WR, DB, LB or even QB.

Give our new coach talent for the next 3-5 years,

Edited by viking
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Maybe but in no way is Karlaftis better than Leal or even Travon Walker.  So I would take both of those guys over him, and maybe he is this great athlete but what happens when he runs a 4.9 40?  

There's nothing to suggest that Karlaftis is going to test so poorly, so you're just being obtuse intentionally there. Leal and Karlaftis aren't even the same position.  Leal is more of a DT/DE tweener.  He's someone you play on the EDGE in early downs, but kick inside on obvious passing downs.  Don't think there's much ability to stand up and play as a 3-4 OLB by any means.  Honestly, don't see anything special about Walker.  Seems like a late Day 1, early Day 2 pick, but nothing that says he's going to be a EDGE1 for any team.

Definitely some nice defensive talent to choose from. I'd probably be happy with most of these players before any of the Senior Bowl and/or combine results are known.

DL: George Karlaftis, Jordan Davis, David Ojabo (prefer to avoid DL if Hunter, Pierce, and Tomlinson return - plenty of promising depth on roster as well. Would understand the selection though given moves prior to draft.)

LB: Devin Lloyd and Nakobe Dean.

CB: Derrick Stingley, Sauce Gardner, and Andrew Booth Jr. (Hopefully 1 is available when Vikings are OTC.) Elam and McCreary as well.

S: Kyle Hamilton (I imagine he'd be a no-brainer pick if he's there.)

47 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

S: Kyle Hamilton (I imagine he'd be a no-brainer pick if he's there.)

Agreed, complete no brainer and another Domer to pass the torch too after Harrison Smith hangs them up. It essentially the perfect storyline and perfect fit....so that's why he won't be available lol