Ravens 2021 Schedule

Ray Reed

16 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

I'll have no problem eating crow if I'm wrong. Being honest though, I don't see Carr enjoying a great day up against our pass defense. Our offense will probably have us up by a couple scores before halftime and Derek is going to have to throw you guys back in it. Not a recipe for success imo. 

Our defense is fresh off holding Derrick Henry to 40 rushing yards and Josh Allen to 206 passing yards in the playoffs. I don't think you can blame me for predicating a lop sided outcome here.  

Carr fools and has destroyed Marcus Peters every game he has ever played him. It is not hard to make Peters take the bait. Our rushing attack will be quite good with Jacobs and Drake as well, both are arguably RB1’s in the NFL, and their skillsets completely complement each other. Don’t forget we have Ruggs with 4.2 speed who will be utilized more this season and we have Waller who is the third best TE in football and led the NFL in 3rd down conversions and it wasn’t close. 

This is a lot like Week 2 NO @ LV on MNF last year. Like 90% of non-Raider fans expected the Saints to mop the floor with us. Not only did they not, we won. Saints were also -5 in that game, and the Ravens are opening up -5.5 here. 

Once again, don’t get me wrong, I do think you guys win because there is just too many ways that your offense can beat our defense. We will have no issue scoring points though, I assure you that. I feel I hear this from Raven fans every time we play them, literally every single time, and then we score a lot of points.

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, M.10.E said:

*looks up last time Ravens and Raiders have played*

17 points scored.

Noted.

Yeah the year we stripped down the entire roster and Gruden’s first year on the team. 2017-2018 were both dark years for the team. We had a Top 10 Offense in both 2019 and 2020, and likely will again in 2021. 

Just reminds me of the time in 2015/2016, every Raven on this forum said they will win with ease, that didn’t go so well. 

Once again, fully expect you guys to win. But we will put up points or it will be a one score game. Or both, in a shootout. 

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

More rumors...but if true, we would start on the road weeks 1/3/4 because the Orioles have a home game week 3.

Honestly wouldn’t hate getting rid of all of those road games that early 

From that whole tweet, all I saw was Sunday Night Football against the Clowns.

I'm ready.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr fools and has destroyed Marcus Peters every game he has ever played him.

This line has been sold to us by every opponent since we've acquired Marcus Peters. Still waiting on the looming destruction. Also.. we have Marlon Humphrey, Jimmy Smith, and now Tavon Young returning(A Top 5 NCB when healthy) as well. We're drowning in talent at the CB position. So your fictionalized version of Marcus isn't all you'll be contending with.

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Our rushing attack will be quite good with Jacobs and Drake as well, both are arguably RB1’s in the NFL, and their skillsets completely complement each other.

IIRC the last time we played Kenyon Drake was Week 1 of 2019 and he ran for 12 yards against a much worse version of our current defense. As far as complementary skillsets for HBs go, you do know we played against Chubb and Hunt twice last year right? That's the best tandem in the league and they didn't break us. Jacobs and Drake aren't striking fear in this unit. I'm sorry.

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Don’t forget we have Ruggs with 4.2 speed who will be utilized more this season and we have Waller who is the third best TE in football and led the NFL in 3rd down conversions and it wasn’t close. 

Yea, what a glorious pick Ruggs was. Who could forget all those highlights of him dominating with that 4.2 speed, game after game...

Waller is a great player, former Raven, but in case you haven't noticed it takes more than one plus option to make an offense topple great defenses. The Ravens will put Jimmy Smith on Waller and minimize the damage he does. Kelce only went for 87 yards against us last year, and I'm guessing you have him as the best or 2nd best TE in football.

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This is a lot like Week 2 NO @ LV on MNF last year. Like 90% of non-Raiders expected the Saints to mop the floor with us. Not only did they not, we won. Saints were also -5 in that game, and the Ravens are opening up -5.5 here. 

It's actually nothing like this. The Ravens and Saints are completely different squads philosophically and schematically. 

TBH Your offense will likely be worse in 2021. Offensive line is weaker, and from there all you can hope on is Bryan Edwards and/or Henry Ruggs taking some big step forward. Also didn't Josh Jacobs not bust a 30+ yard run all of last year? Seems like he might be trending down as well. Injuries robbing him of the little long speed he had or something.

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Once again, don’t get me wrong, I do think you guys win because there is just too many your offense can beat our defense. We will have no issue scoring points though, I assure you that. I feel I hear this from Raven fans every time we play them, literally every single time, and then we score a lot of pointsz

Cool. Get back to me when Calais Campbell, Brandon Williams, Derek Wolfe, and Justin Madubuike are careening Denzelle Good into Derek Carr's knee, as Carr is trying to run away from a blitzing Patrick Queen(4.49) and Odafe Oweh(4.37), and some combination of Tyus Bowser, Jimmy Smith, Chuck Clark, Marlon Humphrey, Tavon Young, Marcus Peters are putting the blanket on your pass catchers ushering them into womanhood. 

Amazon.com: TONY SIRAGUSA BALTIMORE RAVENS 8X10 SPORTS ACTION PHOTO (XL):  Everything Else

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ThatJaxxenGuy said:

Good game to open up with new things on offence. Raiders defence is straight garbage.

Though I suppose the one thing they have going for them is that they have like 15 safeties on their roster. Quite possible their secondary/safety play could be much improved over last season.

... though we also might be able to catch them early and before the young ones get caught up to speed on the NFL game.

7 hours ago, M.10.E said:

Wish it was a Sunday game. Would've went to it. 

I was hoping to travel to LV for that game - becomes a lot trickier that it's both earlier in the season (week 1) and on a Monday night.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

I know everyone will be excited/eager to see Lamar and how the passing game has developed come week 1, but I think JK has a legit shot at opening the season with a 200 yard game

Disagree. I think he gets to 140 in 2 1/2 quarters time and then we salt the rest of the game away with Gus and Hill.
😁😜

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Don't love the idea of playing the Chiefs on one less day of rest but then again that early in the season maybe it doesn't really matter. 

I think it also would help in that it ensures that we won’t be getting the Chiefs off of a bye week when they’d, under Andy Reid, be especially deadly to try and snipe.

Will also be nice to put the Orlando Brown Jr narrative behind us good and early.

Lastly, speaking of Brown Jr, it might be beneficial to catch him early in the season, we know this past season he came into camp especially out of shape and came into the season, in the same mold. Granted he’ll be in a contract year and less likely to be as complacent, but if he does commit the same laziness as last year, then it would be nice to catch him before he builds himself into pro bowl form.

2 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Early bye stinks & tough stretch to end the year

Worst part to me is us going Browns, Steelers, Browns across Weeks 12-14. There'll be no chill over that period. 

I don't mind the Week 8 Bye all that much. It gives us time to regroup early if any glaring issues pop up.

Going into Week 12(Browns) the worst record we should have is 8-2, and really 9-1 as no team besides the Chiefs will be the favorite against us. I'm predicting a 16-1 season if we play our starters throughout and no major starters go down with injury. Just don't see the majority of these teams being able to consistently score on our defense and then also stop our offense from scoring. 

The back to back home games against NFC contenders(If Rodgers plays for GB) during the final stretch of the season are kind of funny imo.

Looks like a fun season is on the horizon fellas. 

• Like 1