Packers sign QB Blake Bortles

RaidersAreOne

Bortles has thrown 35 TDs and 4400 yards in a season (yes, he led the league with 18 picks too)

Bortles is a 6+ ypc runner at the QB position.

He also has a bit more than a year in the McVay School of Offense from his time on the Rams which could translate to LaFleur in Green Bay.

There are worse guys to have as emergency roster depth.

He's probably better than Love right now but Green Bay better hope that's not true by the end of this year.

I don't love Bortles, I don't even like him much as a QB, but he's far better than the Kizer/Hundley garbage they had backing up Rodgers before.

Its a smart move to get him for almost nothing as a last minute 3rd guy who could start for 6-8 weeks until Love is ready(?) if A-A-Ron takes his ball and goes home.

I'm not saying he would be of any use to Philly, Oakland, or Detroit but Green Bay has a top 5 OL, WR, and RB with decent WR depth and a good TE.

Again, this is a 24-49 record QB with about an 80 rating. I'm not praising him or pretending he is any kind of long term or full season answer.

Prisco is a Rob Parker level moron. If Bortles is just for a camp without Rodgers then he is still 100% clueless with that Tweet.

6 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Bortles has thrown 35 TDs and 4400 yards in a season (yes, he led the league with 18 picks too)

Bortles is a 6+ ypc runner at the QB position.

He also has a bit more than a year in the McVay School of Offense from his time on the Rams which could translate to LaFleur in Green Bay.

There are worse guys to have as emergency roster depth.

He's probably better than Love right now but Green Bay better hope that's not true by the end of this year.

I don't love Bortles, I don't even like him much as a QB, but he's far better than the Kizer/Hundley garbage they had backing up Rodgers before.

Its a smart move to get him for almost nothing as a last minute 3rd guy who could start for 6-8 weeks until Love is ready(?) if A-A-Ron takes his ball and goes home.

I'm not saying he would be of any use to Philly, Oakland, or Detroit but Green Bay has a top 5 OL, WR, and RB with decent WR depth and a good TE.

Again, this is a 24-49 record QB with about an 80 rating. I'm not praising him or pretending he is any kind of long term or full season answer.

Prisco is a Rob Parker level moron. If Bortles is just for a camp without Rodgers then he is still 100% clueless with that Tweet.

Bortles also played under our OC Hackett in Jax, so there's familiarity there too.

46 minutes ago, Daniel said:

This is timely. I just saw the episode of The Good Place where Jason finds out the Jags released Bortles last night.

"Jake Jortles".  LOL.

I think Jake won 17 Super Bowls in an alternate universe in that show.