Predict your team results on their schedule

stl4life07

Los Angeles Rams (12-5)

Week 1 vs Chicago W The past few times Chicago has made the trip to LA they have lost. On SNF I expect the same result. Under McVay the Rams are a great September team so they once again start (1-0) and do it in style with fans in the stands and the offense and defense playing great.

Week 2 at Indianapolis W This has potential to be a great game. I think the Rams win because even though I’m sold on Wentz having a very good season with the Colts he still will be facing Donald and this defense that punished him last season. 

Week 3 vs Tampa Bay L Rams suffer their first loss of the season to the Bucs who remember what happened last season when they got beat at home on MNF by these Rams. Brady isn’t going to allow history to repeat itself. Should be a great game but Bucs win in a close one.

Week 4 vs Arizona W The Cards have vastly improved this offseason but until I see them beat the Rams with McVay I’m not picking them any time. It’s just a coaching mismatch between McVay and Kingsbury.

Week 5 at Seattle L A short week going to hostile environment and normally the Seahawks beat the Rams at home on SNF. Games have been close and I expect this game to be close as well but I think the Seahawks want to get rid of that bad taste of the way they lost to the Rams at home in the playoffs. 

Week 6 at New York (N) W This will be a very interesting game. The Giants fought the Rams hard last season in LA and almost won. That was with no Barkley. They have him back along with added weapons in Galladay and rookie 1st round pick Toney. I do think McVay haven’t forgotten and that’s why he went and got Stafford. I don’t think Akers played in the game and also they added DJax and draft their own rookie in Tutu. I think the Rams offense looks more explosive and score score score. They won’t put up 50 like the last time they traveled to New York but I can see 35pts and win by at least 10pts. 

Week 7 vs Detroit W Revenge game for Goff. I think Goff will come out with the mindset to show McVay he made a mistake trading him. I can see the 1st quarter even first half being interesting where Goff has his moments to make the game close. The 2nd half though the Rams force Goff into mistakes meanwhile Stafford has a field day against the Lions bad defense. Rams could hang 50 and I think they win going away in the 2nd half. 

Week 8 at Houston W I think this will be a wire to wire easy win for the Rams. After the week before where I think Goff will have the Lions competitive for the 1st half I think McVay will make sure the Texans won’t have any hope as soon as the opening kickoff happens. We don’t know the situation with Watson but my gut says he won’t be playing but even if he is it won’t matter because he mentally has checked out from this team and this team will literally be like the Rockets of the NBA and that’s a joke.

Week 9 vs Tennessee W This game is going to be physical. I give the edge to the Rams because I think at some point in the 4th quarter Tannehill is going to have to make a play and I believe Donald and Ramsey is going to make sure he don’t make that play. Meanwhile I don’t like the Titans defense and I think the Rams will be able to hang at least 30 and win by 6pts.

Week 10 at San Francisco L The Niners once again beat the Rams to continue their winning streak and continue to frustrate Rams fans because we can’t seem to beat them. It’s going to be an entertaining game with a lot of points scored. 

Week 11 BYE Outside of losing to twice within the division and again failing to beat the Niners I think lll be feeling great being (7-3) heading into the bye. Hopefully the Rams will be relatively healthy and ready to make a strong push coming out of the bye.

Week 12 at Green Bay L I’m circling this game because this is where the Rams season ended last season. The defense didn’t look good mainly because Donald was hurt and the offense had a banged up Goff and no Kupp. If ARod is still with the Packers I think they will win. ARod owns Stafford but if there ever was a chance for Stafford to start winning against ARod it would be now. I’m just not betting against that baaaaaaaadddddd man at home especially if it’s cold which this game is Nov 28th so who knows how the weather will be. The good news that gives me hope is the Rams will be coming off a bye so they will have two weeks to prepare for this game.

Week 13 vs Jacksonville W Facing a rookie QB this late in the season gets me nervous because I can see Lawrence being comfortable and being adjusted to the NFL so he can go out and show off his talent that made him the 1st overall pick. At the same time he will still never played against Donald and Ramsey. The Rams could be coming off a loss to the Packers where ARod does what he always do and that’s make defenses look not so good. I can see Donald making Lawrence pay. Plus Ramsey has his revenge game and I can pencil in an interception maybe even two for him and the Rams win big.

Week 14 at Arizona W Again I’m not picking the Cards to beat the Rams until I see it. This game will be on MNF so the world will see how big of a coaching mismatch there is between McVay and Kingsbury. Depending on the type of season the Cards are having we could come from the game saying maybe the Cards need to move on from Kingsbury because it’s clear he isn’t better than Carroll, Kyle, or McVay and he is holding the Cards back from truly challenging any team in the NFC West.

Week 15 vs Seattle W The Rams will split with the Seahawks. McVay when he loses to the Seahawks come back the next time and blows them out. I can see that happening here. The Rams will win by at least 10pts and score 30+.

Week 16 at Minnesota W This is going to be an interesting game. The Vikings is one of those teams that can be very competitive and even win or fall flat on their face and lose. Last time the Rams went to Minnesota they got dominated. I don’t think that will happen again. I do think it will be competitive but I don’t like the Vikings defense and Cousins will make that critical mistake in an important situation that will be the cause of the Vikings losing the game.

Week 17 at Baltimore L The last time the Rams played the Ravens they literally got ran out of their own stadium. It’s going to be closer but I think Lamar is just going to be hard to stop for 60 minutes and in a tie game late in the 4th quarter he is going to find a way to march his team down the field with Mr. Clutch Justin Tucker kicking the game winning field goal. 

Week 18 vs San Francisco W Trey Lance will be the Niners starting QB in this game. I don’t trust Jimmy G to stay healthy especially having 10 straight games before this one because their bye is Week 6. With that said Donald is going to be welcoming Lance into the NFL a lot in this game. Rams finally get the monkey off their back by beating the Niners in a game that could be for the division.

Edited by stl4life07

I do know I am looking at the schedule with blue tinted glasses, I also believe  the Giants o-line will take the next step into being near average. 

Denver, win - Both defenses are good and this will probably be a low scoring game, the Giants are at home I am giving them the edge.

@WFT, lose - I think facing WFT so early in the season on the road on short rest is just too much to overcome.  The Giants o-line will not have had enough time to take that next step. WFT will finally beat Daniel Jones.

Falcons, win - Our defense should be able to slow down their offense, and their defense is not good. Being at home, extra rest from the Thursdays added to giving our coaching staff more time to prepare for the Falcons, another win the Giants.

@Saints, lose - Nothing good ever happens to the Giants when they play against the Saints on the road.

@Cowboys, win - This is not the Cowboys of old that had the best offensive line in the NFL. The o-line is pretty good but the Giants have a good defensive line. The Cowboys have 3 very good wideouts to throw to but that is countered by the Giants having a very good secondary. I don't believe the Cowboys defense has been improved enough to take on the upgraded Giants offense.

Rams, lose - Rams have a great defense a good offense and a very good QB, too much for the Giants to handle at this point in the season.

Panther, win - Sam Darnold should still be adjusting to learning a new offense, Giants defense should be to take advantage of this. 

@Chiefs lose - They have way too much firepower, even for the Giants upgraded defense.

Raiders, lose - I see this being a toss coin game, but will give the Raiders the win here. 

Bye

@Buccaners, lose - With the bye week and extra prep time Giants make things close but they are still too good a team for the Giants to beat in the regular season.

Eagles, win - Revenge! 

@Dolphins, win - A tough game but I don't see Tua beating this defense.

@Chargers, lose - Chargers are good team with a very good QB, asking a little too much for back to back tough wins on the road.

Cowboys, win - Giants smack the cowboys around at home letting everyone know this division belongs to the Giants.

@Eagles, win - Sweep! All they care about is getting a better draft pick any way. 

@Bears, win - Another tough game, but the Giants are making their playoff push and the Bears have a tough schedule, they might not be playing for a spot in the playoffs.

Washington, win - The o-line will be fully cohesive, and the offense shall be hitting on all cylinders, Giants knock the WFT out of the playoffs. 

10 wins 7 losses should be enough to win the division.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

So now that we have the official schedule, list your game by game predictions. 

Mine: 

Week 1 vs Baltimore Ravens - L 27-24 (0-1)

Week 2 at Pittsburgh Steelers - W 28-23 (1-1)

Week 3 vs Miami Dolphins - W 25-22 (2-1)

Week 4 at Los Angeles Chargers - W 33-24 (3-1)

Week 5 vs Chicago Bears - W 24-19 (4-1)

Week 6 at Denver Broncos - L 20-17 (4-2)

Week 7 vs Philadelphia Eagles - W 34-6 (5-2)

Week 9 at New York Giants - W 31-28 (6-2)

Week 10 vs Kansas City Chiefs - L 28-27 (6-3)

Week 11 vs Cincinnati Bengals - W 36-34 (7-3)

Week 12 at Dallas Cowboys - L 35-32 (OT) (7-4)

Week 13 vs Washington - W 23-20 (8-4)

Week 14 at Kansas City Chiefs - L 39-26 (8-5)

Week 15 at Cleveland Browns - L 34-24 (8-6)

Week 16 vs Denver Broncos - W 27-21 (9-6)

Week 17 at Indianapolis Colts - L 32-23 (9-7)

Week 18 vs Los Angeles Chargers - L 34-31 (9-8)

Final Record: 

9-8, no playoffs.

Notes:

- Ravens: I think the Ravens will have a Top 5 Offense this year along with a Top 10 Defense. Tough Week 1. I think their offense of Lamar running, Dobbins, Top 5 TE in Andrews, Hollywood taking the top off, Bateman, etc will all be too much to handle. There is just too many ways they can beat us. 

- We start the season playing a lot of Top Defenses. I think the Dolphins and Bears will be Top 5 Defenses while the Ravens and Broncos will be Top 10 Defenses. 

Steelers: Not too high on the Steelers this year. I don't think they are gonna be all that good, and we usually play extremely well in Pittsburgh. Plus it'll still be warm this time of year. 

Dolphins: 50/50 game here, I actually think the Dolphins are going to be an extremely good football team this season. However, I think we matchup well with them and will be one of their losses. It will be a similar game to last year where we just have to grind it out. 

Chargers (2): I think we split with the Chargers this season, but it'll be a road split. We should have an amazing Raider crowd in L.A., especially on Primetime. Chargers will beat us in Vegas though. 

Bears: Unlike most, I don't think Fields starts Week 1. I actually think Fields starts Week 4 or 5. This could be Fields first NFL game and I think Bradley will take full advantage of that. 

Broncos (2): Don't know why everyone thinks we are sweeping Denver again. That's not gonna happen. They have at least a Top 7 Defense on paper. And outside of QB, their offense is pretty stacked. We should split with them this season in all likelihood. 

Eagles: I think they will be one of the worst teams this year. 

Giants: We are always horrible in New York.... but we are coming off a bye so I think we will get the job done. 

Kansas City (2): See us losing both this year, especially the road game in the Kansas City cold, I don't even expect that one to be close. Just because we split with them last year does not mean we automatically split with them every season from now on. It doesn't work that way. They are still a Top 3 team in the NFL. 

Bengals: This game screams shootout... two solid offenses and questionable defenses. And in a dome in Vegas. 

Cowboys: I don't think we will sweep the NFC East, and I think the Cowboys have the best chance to knock us off. Probably going to be a very good game. 

Washington: Washington has a Top 3 Defense, so this game will be tough for sure. I think we'll pull it off, especially being at home. Although, I'm not confident. 

Browns: On the road, in the cold, and the Browns are a playoff team this year. They are well balanced. Should have a solid offense and solid defense. Plus, really due for a loss against them. I think their DL is going to wreck us this time around. 

Colts: Colts are a Top 3 Seed team in the AFC this year IMO. They are gonna be pretty good. Some may not be high on Wentz but I think he's gonna have a decent season under Reich, the man who almost made him MVP. Also a clear upgrade from dead-arm Rivers in my opinion. I see another whooping, but not as bad as last season. 

So there you go, 4-1 start, and a 1-4 collapse at the end. Three of those losses being 2+ scores. Typical Raider season. 

2 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

Los Angeles Rams (12-5)

Week 1 vs Chicago W The past few times Chicago has made the trip to LA they have lost. On SNF I expect the same result. Under McVay the Rams are a great September team so they once again start (1-0) and do it in style with fans in the stands and the offense and defense playing great.

Week 2 at Indianapolis W This has potential to be a great game. I think the Rams win because even though I’m sold on Wentz having a very good season with the Colts he still will be facing Donald and this defense that punished him last season. 

Week 3 vs Tampa Bay L Rams suffer their first loss of the season to the Bucs who remember what happened last season when they got beat at home on MNF by these Rams. Brady isn’t going to allow history to repeat itself. Should be a great game but Bucs win in a close one.

Week 4 vs Arizona W The Cards have vastly improved this offseason but until I see them beat the Rams with McVay I’m not picking them any time. It’s just a coaching mismatch between McVay and Kingsbury.

Week 5 at Seattle L A short week going to hostile environment and normally the Seahawks beat the Rams at home on SNF. Games have been close and I expect this game to be close as well but I think the Seahawks want to get rid of that bad taste of the way they lost to the Rams at home in the playoffs. 

Week 6 at New York (N) W This will be a very interesting game. The Giants fought the Rams hard last season in LA and almost won. That was with no Barkley. They have him back along with added weapons in Galladay and rookie 1st round pick Toney. I do think McVay haven’t forgotten and that’s why he went and got Stafford. I don’t think Akers played in the game and also they added DJax and draft their own rookie in Tutu. I think the Rams offense looks more explosive and score score score. They won’t put up 50 like the last time they traveled to New York but I can see 35pts and win by at least 10pts. 

Week 7 vs Detroit W Revenge game for Goff. I think Goff will come out with the mindset to show McVay he made a mistake trading him. I can see the 1st quarter even first half being interesting where Goff has his moments to make the game close. The 2nd half though the Rams force Goff into mistakes meanwhile Stafford has a field day against the Lions bad defense. Rams could hang 50 and I think they win going away in the 2nd half. 

Week 8 at Houston W I think this will be a wire to wire easy win for the Rams. After the week before where I think Goff will have the Lions competitive for the 1st half I think McVay will make sure the Texans won’t have any hope as soon as the opening kickoff happens. We don’t know the situation with Watson but my gut says he won’t be playing but even if he is it won’t matter because he mentally has checked out from this team and this team will literally be like the Rockets of the NBA and that’s a joke.

Week 9 vs Tennessee W This game is going to be physical. I give the edge to the Rams because I think at some point in the 4th quarter Tannehill is going to have to make a play and I believe Donald and Ramsey is going to make sure he don’t make that play. Meanwhile I don’t like the Titans defense and I think the Rams will be able to hang at least 30 and win by 6pts.

Week 10 at San Francisco L The Niners once again beat the Rams to continue their winning streak and continue to frustrate Rams fans because we can’t seem to beat them. It’s going to be an entertaining game with a lot of points scored. 

Week 11 BYE Outside of losing to twice within the division and again failing to beat the Niners I think lll be feeling great being (7-3) heading into the bye. Hopefully the Rams will be relatively healthy and ready to make a strong push coming out of the bye.

Week 12 at Green Bay L I’m circling this game because this is where the Rams season ended last season. The defense didn’t look good mainly because Donald was hurt and the offense had a banged up Goff and no Kupp. If ARod is still with the Packers I think they will win. ARod owns Stafford but if there ever was a chance for Stafford to start winning against ARod it would be now. I’m just not betting against that baaaaaaaadddddd man at home especially if it’s cold which this game is Nov 28th so who knows how the weather will be. The good news that gives me hope is the Rams will be coming off a bye so they will have two weeks to prepare for this game.

Week 13 vs Jacksonville W Facing a rookie QB this late in the season gets me nervous because I can see Lawrence being comfortable and being adjusted to the NFL so he can go out and show off his talent that made him the 1st overall pick. At the same time he will still never played against Donald and Ramsey. The Rams could be coming off a loss to the Packers where ARod does what he always do and that’s make defenses look not so good. I can see Donald making Lawrence pay. Plus Ramsey has his revenge game and I can pencil in an interception maybe even two for him and the Rams win big.

Week 14 at Arizona W Again I’m not picking the Cards to beat the Rams until I see it. This game will be on MNF so the world will see how big of a coaching mismatch there is between McVay and Kingsbury. Depending on the type of season the Cards are having we could come from the game saying maybe the Cards need to move on from Kingsbury because it’s clear he isn’t better than Carroll, Kyle, or McVay and he is holding the Cards back from truly challenging any team in the NFC West.

Week 15 vs Seattle W The Rams will split with the Seahawks. McVay when he loses to the Seahawks come back the next time and blows them out. I can see that happening here. The Rams will win by at least 10pts and score 30+.

Week 16 at Minnesota W This is going to be an interesting game. The Vikings is one of those teams that can be very competitive and even win or fall flat on their face and lose. Last time the Rams went to Minnesota they got dominated. I don’t think that will happen again. I do think it will be competitive but I don’t like the Vikings defense and Cousins will make that critical mistake in an important situation that will be the cause of the Vikings losing the game.

Week 17 at Baltimore L The last time the Rams played the Ravens they literally got ran out of their own stadium. It’s going to be closer but I think Lamar is just going to be hard to stop for 60 minutes and in a tie game late in the 4th quarter he is going to find a way to march his team down the field with Mr. Clutch Justin Tucker kicking the game winning field goal. 

Week 18 vs San Francisco W Trey Lance will be the Niners starting QB in this game. I don’t trust Jimmy G to stay healthy especially having 10 straight games before this one because their bye is Week 6. With that said Donald is going to be welcoming Lance into the NFL a lot in this game. Rams finally get the monkey off their back by beating the Niners in a game that could be for the division.

I’m honestly surprised you didn’t have Rams going 17-0

Edited by rocky_rams
  • Like 5

I guess I didn't put it together until seeing it on paper but the Rams schedule is crazy. 7 games against teams with a losing record but three of them - Vikings and Niners twice - could easily be playoff teams this year.

Giants might compete for the playoffs too.

That just leaves Jags, Texans and Lions - and I'll add the Bears because I think they're going to be bad - as games that should be easy wins. That's brutal.

I've been on the record to say that David Culley will not win a single game as a HC. I've been on the record saying the Texans will go 0-17.

Nothing about this schedule has changed my mind. There might be some close games early on (Week 3 vs Carolina and Week 5 vs New England stand out as close losses for the Texans) and divisional games are always wacky - but I see the only coin flip on the schedule is at home vs NYJ, Week 11. This will come down to whether or not Zach Wilson is finding his legs as a QB - if he is, it's a wrap and the Texans will lose out. If it's not, it's a coin toss.

This is the mother of all tank seasons - a roster that is lacking any sort of actual talent, coached by a bunch of really bad coaches. 

You don't win football games with that. This Texans team might actually lose to a college team.

• Like 3

I was really low on the Patriots last year. This year is different however. The schedule is manageable if the defense shows out like I think they will. They signed big people to stop the run, they actually have young players with promise now, think they drafted well on defense and have a pass rush now. Offensively they have a great OL and the necessary personnel to run their 2 TE sets with a deep threat in Agholor and a couple of chain movers at receiver. QB play is a question mark but it can only get better and if Cam is not it, Mac will come in quickly. I see 11 wins.

I usually don’t like doing this but ehh., why not.

Week 1-vs. Cardinals-L(0-1)

Week 2-at Seahawks-L(0-2)

Week 3-vs. Colts-W(1-2)

Week 4-at N.Y. Jets-W(2-2)

Week 5-at Jaguars-W(3-2)

Week 6-vs. Bills-W(4-2)

Week7-vs. Chiefs-L(4-3)

Week 8-at Colts-L(4-4)

Week 9-at Rams-L(4-5)

Week 10-vs. Saints-W(5-5)

Week 11-vs. Texans-W(6-5)

Week 12-at Patriots-W(7-5)

Week 13-Bye

Week 14-vs. Jaguars-L(7-6)

Week 15-at Steelers-W(8-6)

Week 16-vs. 49ers-W(9-6)

Week 17-vs. Dolphins-L(9-7)

Week 18-at Texans-W(10-7)

10-7 is either just enough to win the AFC South or we just miss the playoffs imo.

Tennessee Titans:

Cards: W, Titans do well in openers.

At Seahawks: L, let’s assume that Wilson is too much for the young DBs to handle.

Colts: W, new QB, at home.

At Jets: W, Jets have a shiny new QB, but they’ve got a lot of work to do.

At Jags: L, give Lawrence this one on the road.

Bills: L, Bills are gonna have a nasty DL.

Chiefs: L, it’s the Chiefs.

At Colts: L, split with the Colts.

At Rams: W, not believing Stafford turns it all around.

Saints: W, no Brees.

Texans: W, no first rounder, QB drama, at home.

At Pats: W, another rookie QB on a rebuilding team.

Jags: W, coming off a bye, and hosting late in the season Lawrence, they should be clicking by this point.

Steelers: W, I don’t know how much Big Ben has in the tank.

49ers: W, Thursday night games are kind to teams hosting long travelers.

Dolphins: L, Dolphins just added a ton of talent.

At Texans: W to clinch playoffs.

11-6, which actually seems reasonable to me.