2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, Reginaldm9 said:

There’s 100% a plan b. They don’t want to say Baker is available in the hopes the price is higher.

No, they’re working on a plan imo.

Like, they should know before we do where his head’s at.  I’m sure they knew yesterday or before he didn’t want to come back.  As soon as you’re out on Watson, you’d pull the trigger on moving Baker and getting the new guy if you had a real plan b.

It’s gonna be tough for a lot of fans to have to deal with this. 

Baker was the right guy to get us to this point, but going forward we did the right thing trying to upgrade. 

I know this is going to be tough for the fan base and I get it, but long term I believe it’ll be best for the team 

Everything else out the window, I’m not sure what leverage Baker thinks he has here. You can request a trade, but he’s not the same talent as a Watson where teams will clamor for him as a team-saver. The Browns are his best option, and both sides need to make it work here.

• Like 3

Have any of you guys ever worked in a truly toxic environment before? 

I have and I can tell you all of the things I dealt with I see the Browns players dealing with. 

people who leave end up happier and more successful.

browns will never turn it around in a sustainable way. We might have flash in the pan good seasons but we will always be garbage. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No, they’re working on a plan imo.

Like, they should know before we do where his head’s at.  I’m sure they knew yesterday or before he didn’t want to come back.  As soon as you’re out on Watson, you’d pull the trigger on moving Baker and getting the new guy if you had a real plan b.

I dont believe for a single second that the smartest 'all-ivy league' front office didnt have a fallback plan. They have a plan, and that plan is likely Jimbo--they are probably just driving interest up in him right now to increase his price by saying that they want him.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont believe for a single second that the smartest 'all-ivy league' front office didnt have a fallback plan. They have a plan, and that plan is likely Jimbo--they are probably just driving interest up in him right now to increase his price by saying that they want him.

Exactly 

37 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Here’s what happened:

There was no Plan B in place because until 48 hours ago there was no pursuit of Watson because Truckstop Jimmy meddled again, so now the FO is caught with their pants down and it’s not their fault 

Not so sure about that. NFL.com reports says the FO told his agents at the combine they were going to try and trade him.