2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

11 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I don't find his reaction immature at all. Perfectly rational IMO. 

I believe it was extremely naive of the team to believe they could court a serial sexual predator to replace him while he was still under contract, and expect everything to be hunky dory when that plan predictably failed.

To Piggy Back on Ditch.....this factors in TOO......if we were talking about that and trying to get Patrick Maholmes I think Baker would be PERFECTLY fine with that....anyone NOT name Arron Rogers should be OK with that....

Its like Women say when you cheat on them.....if you gonna cheat, Make sure the B*&** LOOK like something and got some money....dont let it be an Ugly, Broke, Ho.... (not comparing from a play on the field standpoint).

15 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

I don't find his reaction immature at all. Perfectly rational IMO. 

I believe it was extremely naive of the team to believe they could court a serial sexual predator to replace him while he was still under contract, and expect everything to be hunky dory when that plan predictably failed.

Yeah the Browns publicly went after Watson and reportedly stated they were moving on from Baker whether they got him or not (If you believe the adult comment you have to believe both) so they were the only ones who controlled the situation and are 100% to blameif we are frustrated

I’m curious what the conversations are like between guys in the locker room with Baker throughout the offseason. If it exists. We don’t know the whole picture. We’ve speculated that not just the FO and coaches but also his teammates think he’s not the guy. Baker may honestly want out also because he’s not winning anyone over on that team this off-season and is on an island. If guys are clamoring that he’s their guy though, that changes things. Where are they though? I don’t really read or hear anything around the NFL from players pumping him up. When you walk around with the edge and rabbit ears that he does, if you don’t back it up you really do end up looking silly. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m curious what the conversations are like between guys in the locker room with Baker throughout the offseason. If it exists. We don’t know the whole picture. We’ve speculated that not just the FO and coaches but also his teammates think he’s not the guy. Baker may honestly want out also because he’s not winning anyone over on that team this off-season and is on an island. If guys are clamoring that he’s their guy though, that changes things. Where are they though? I don’t really read or hear anything around the NFL from players pumping him up. When you walk around with the edge and rabbit ears that he does, if you don’t back it up you really do end up looking silly. 

I put this in the other thread on NFL News but you can just see how unengaged the guys are with him and its almost like they are 'over it'. Denzel Ward is walking around not even paying attention lol

This tells you everything you need to know about where he stands at with his teammates.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I put this in the other thread on NFL News but you can just see how unengaged the guys are with him and its almost like they are 'over it'. Denzel Ward is walking around not even paying attention lol

This tells you everything you need to know about where he stands at with his teammates.

Or it may just show the lack of intensity the team has. Like helping the opposing QB up and hugging him after he throws a TD, giving up on big plays like 3rd and 4th downs and not giving anything extra late in games with a chance to win or make a play.

Now if Baker is the reason they lack the intensity we should move on but I think you want motivated players, it isn't like every team only plays for the QB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

Or it may just show the lack of intensity the team has. Like helping the opposing QB up and hugging him after he throws a TD, giving up on big plays like 3rd and 4th downs and not giving anything extra late in games with a chance to win or make a play.

Now if Baker is the reason they lack the intensity we should move on but I think you want motivated players, it isn't like every team only plays for the QB.

I think every team should 'respect' the leader/QB on the roster and rally around him. Its almost like his words are falling on deaf ears and hes trying to get them engaged but they just arnt. I definitely think Baker has a 'schtick' of being the fiery underdog that doesnt care about nothin' and what nobody says--however I think that whole schtick wears really thin when the team is losing (in large part because of QB play).

Its the same concept as his commercials being really funny when the Browns are winning but really cringeworthy when the Browns are losing and hes not playing well.

2 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

Hopefully we can get a second round pick for him 

I think so, weak year for QBs he is better than anyone in the draft week 1 at least. 

AFC will be a 2nd 

NFC a 3rd + change

All these teams need Qbs

Seahawks

Saints

Colts

Steelers