2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’ve threatened to leave so many times it’s like the boy who cried wolf. Honestly watching the pearl clutching from people in NFL Gen with Ben avatars and those with “Ray” avatars and usernames here made me think about separating the people from the team itself, not to mention LeBron’s social justice warrior hypocrisy.

I have come to the conclusion celebrities are worthless off the field and their sole purpose in my life is to entertain and win my teams games. I don’t care about them at all beyond that.

I don’t even care if people disagree with me.

... Are you just now coming to that conclusion? 😉

Just now, DawgX said:

... Are you just now coming to that conclusion? 😉

It’s hard to look at Nick Chubb and guys like him and not root a little bit harder and draw extra off the field conclusions about them being great people.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

I’ve threatened to leave so many times it’s like the boy who cried wolf.

Cbs Reaction GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

You!?!

Just now, MWil23 said:

Honestly watching the pearl clutching from people in NFL Gen with Ben avatars and those with “Ray” avatars and usernames here made me think about separating the people from the team itself, not to mention LeBron’s social justice warrior hypocrisy.

I have come to the conclusion celebrities are worthless off the field and their sole purpose in my life is to entertain and win my teams games. I don’t care about them at all beyond that.

I don’t like Watson, never will, kids won’t own his jersey, etc.

But accepting scumbags is a part of being an nfl fan unfortunately.  You can take the league or leave it as a whole, but you can’t pretend some teams are above this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

It’s hard to look at Nick Chubb and guys like him and not root a little bit harder and draw extra off the field conclusions about them being great people.

And I’ll keep doing that.  Imma keep rooting for Chubb and Myles, and the rest of the guys I choose to.

Watson?  I hope he’s part of a successful team.  I’ll just leave that right there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I’ve threatened to leave so many times it’s like the boy who cried wolf. Honestly watching the pearl clutching from people in NFL Gen with Ben avatars and those with “Ray” avatars and usernames here made me think about separating the people from the team itself, not to mention LeBron’s social justice warrior hypocrisy.

giphy.gif

Finally someone gets it 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as people leaving, I’d rather they didn’t.  Even with all of the crazy ***** and illiterates we have, the forum is still better with more voices.

I agree with this 100%.  If you hate the Watson move I can respect that but don't throw your fandom totally out the window & leave.  Who is going to complain about Watson when he misses a wide open receiver or holds onto the ball too long & gets sacked?

(Trust me, it will happen at some point)

Peace!!!

32 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

As far as people leaving, I’d rather they didn’t.  Even with all of the crazy ***** and illiterates we have, the forum is still better with more voices.

I dont think I could stop being a Browns fan if I tried...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I grew up in a Military Family......and I dont like the direction, but that ship has sailed and we have a direction that we are headed.....it goes VERY much against calm measured approach that A.B. and Pauly D. have taken since getting in control. Which is why I still lay this at Haslem's feet. EVEN IF they were going to purse Watson, I feel like the pursuit would have been more measured, handled a more diplomatic way with Mayfield in mind.....the whole Fly a Private Jet down, and then fully Guaranteeing 230M....NONE of that can happen without AT least owners Approval and FULL buy in....I feel like he Haslem pushed this and so we are at the mercy of the owner. That's the SAME type of Stuff we used to make fun of WFT owner Daniel Snyder for doing....you think Haslem would be smart enough to not repeat mistakes that have gotten other owners ridiculed.

But I will be in the shadow's for a while.....I'm still processing this....things are LONELY over in the Panthers Forum...so I must come over here to lurk...

I had a similar meltdown, when we trade Trent Richardson after the first year (seems silly now), buy I took down all my Brown's gear and didnt wear Browns gear for a entire year....I had homeboys actually asking me what was wrong LOL.

Shout out to @MalcolmBrown THE Afrolachian!!!! I think I may be one of them also.

Edited by DaWg_LB.
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s almost like people just say stuff for internet points.

I won’t speak for others as undoubtedly that’s the society we live in and that happens. For me, it comes down to priorities. IRL I just turned in my coaching letter of resignation after a decade due to major philosophical and mission statement issues despite being offered a promotion on staff. I’ve decided fanhood is different. It’s short for fanatic after all.

14 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

But I will be in the shadow's for a while.....I'm still processing this....things are LONELY over in the Panthers Forum...

I mean, the only difference between us and the Panthers is we offered more and completed the trade.

They tried and failed.

No better morally imo.

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah, as a fan I agree.

Remember, it's just entertainment. Humans are flawed and are often drawn to like minded people or ones that remind them of ourselves (which obviously has a downside) so if your team doesn't reflect that you lose something. You can still be a Browns fan but you don't relate as closely and it won't mean as much.

Otherwise we'd all happy because we have a QB who has proven more than our last one. There would be no debate. I want to be the good guy riding in on a white horse and saving the day. I'd rather win than lose but if the bad guy wins I guess I can root for him to be on the winning side but it doesn't feel the same.

My biggest draft swing and miss of all time..... man I wish we would have drafted Josh Allen.

I vividly remember sitting at the patio bar down the street watching that draft and tweeting (back when I tweeted) "Anybody But Josh Allen" and it got like 4 likes. Which is my record high on social media.

That broke my streak about being right about every single Browns move for 17 years straight.

6PpvUFAco6NGqKGLAv3dFX.gif

30 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, the only difference between us and the Panthers is we offered more and completed the trade.

They tried and failed.

As far as potential outcome, yes. But what happens is what happens. There is a difference between someone who considers committing sexual assaults and one who commits a bunch of them, for a random example.

No better morally imo.

Both poor morals, but one is indeed better morally IMO. If the Browns had almost gotten Watson I'd be grossed out and lose all remaining respect I have for Berry, Hadlam and Co. either way, which I have, but I wouldn't stop watching, as I don't watch the actual organization play football. 

But since Watson is the actual guy here now (at the centerpiece position, I'll add) it makes it an easy decision TBH.

I'm not all in my emotions about it and thus likely to vacillate the other direction once I come down--no offense, @MWil23😘. I read the news, processed for a minute, nodded to myself that it was time and that's that. 

Honestly I see the Browns just like the Steelers now, even worse TBH, and it's an easy decision I don't regret or lose sleep over. If the Browns win the Super Bowl--they won't 😅😅😅--with Watson then it would bring me no joy, so it's as simple as that.

I will not cheer for a sexual predator. It goes so hard against everything I believe in. I reserve the right to change my mind if he is somehow exonerated. For now I got a pocket full of stones to hold onto.

All that having been said, I love you all and may come in to say hey here and there. I don't blame y'all for not being able to leave your abusive partner.

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

As far as potential outcome, yes. But what happens is what happens. There is a difference between someone who considers committing sexual assaults and one who commits a bunch of them, for a random example.

I think you’re looking at it wrong.  They both agreed to sell their morals for wins, Watson just picked the Browns.

Hell the Saints did too and then went and re-signed another dude accused of sexual assault.

1 minute ago, NudeTayne said:

Both poor morals, but one is indeed better morally IMO. If the Browns had almost gotten Watson I'd be grossed out and lose all remaining respect for the Carolina front office and ownership, which I have for Berry and Co. either way, but I wouldn't stop watching, as I don't watch the actual organization play football. 

But since Watson is the actual guy here now (at the centerpiece position, I'll add) it makes it an easy decision TBH.

I'm not all in my emotions about it and thus likely to vacillate the other direction once I come down--no offense, @MWil23😘. I read the news, processed for a minute, nodded to myself that it was time and that's that. 

Honestly I see the Browns just like the Steelers now, even worse TBH, and it's an easy decision I don't regret or lose sleep over. If the Browns win the Super Bowl--they won't 😅😅😅--with Watson then it would bring me no joy, so it's as simple as that.

I will not cheer for a sexual predator. It goes so hard against everything I believe in. I reserve the right to change my mind if he is somehow exonerated. For now I got a pocket full of stones to hold onto.

All that stuff, I love you all and may come in to say hey here and there. I don't blame y'all for not being able to leave your abusive partner.

I get it.  Don’t blame anyone at all who walks away.

• Like 1