Official FootballsFuture 1-32 QB Rankings - Preliminary Round (Future Tournament)

BayRaider

Just now, ClutchDJ said:

I honestly think Matt over or even in the same tier as Lamar is....asinine. You can make a case Matt being in the same tier with Dak is a bit wild as well.

I explained my reasons on Matt Ryan. He had one of the worst OC's in the 2000's era of football the past two seasons. An average offensive rank of 23rd throughout his 14 years. He also had a complete trash OL in 2019. 

In 2016 Ryan had one of the best seasons in the history of the sport. In 2017, his performance regressed, but not of his own accord. I still kept him Top 10, and everyone said Ryan is a Middle of the Pack QB after 2017. In 2018 he had a Top 3 QB season again and everyone ate crow. Not me. 

Substance matters. Nothing has changed for Ryan. He is still that QB from 2016/2018, and from majority of his career. I think he will dominate this season, and once again, I will not be the one eating crow. 

Also, more people disagree with you than agree with you. Ryan is getting way more Top 10 Rankings than not Top 10. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If you could change it to vertical I’d appreciate it. 

Also updated it into the thread. 

Okay, here it is, with Jimmy G dropped down two spots.

Patrick Mahomes

Tom Brady

Lamar Jackson

Justin Herbert

Aaron Rodgers

DeShaun Watson

Russell Wilson

Josh Allen

Kyler Murray

Dak Prescott

Ryan Tannehill

Joe Burrow

Zack Wilson

Kirk Cousins

Trey Lance

Baker Mayfield

Derek Carr

Matt Ryan

Justin Fields

Mac Jones

Matthew Stafford

Trevor Lawrence

Jalen Hurts

Daniel Jones

Ben Roethlisberger

Carson Wentz

Taylor Heinicke

Jimmy Garoppolo*

Ryan Fitzpatrick

Jared Goff

Sam Darnold

T'ua Tagovailoa

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I explained my reasons on Matt Ryan. He had one of the worst OC's in the 2000's era of football the past two seasons. An average offensive rank of 23rd throughout his 14 years. He also had a complete trash OL in 2019. 

In 2016 Ryan had one of the best seasons in the history of the sport. In 2017, his performance regressed, but not of his own accord. I still kept him Top 10, and everyone said Ryan is a Middle of the Pack QB after 2017. In 2018 he had a Top 3 QB season again and everyone ate crow. Not me. 

Substance matters. Nothing has changed for Ryan. He is still that QB from 2016/2018, and from majority of his career. I think he will dominate this season, and once again, I will not be the one eating crow. 

Also, more people disagree with you than agree with you. Ryan is getting way more Top 10 Rankings than not Top 10. 

My guy, I said Matt Ryan being in the same tier as Lamar(definitely) & Dak(arguably) is asinine. I said absolutely nothing at all with Matt Ryan being a Top 10 QB or not.

2 minutes ago, ClutchDJ said:

My guy, I said Matt Ryan being in the same tier as Lamar(definitely) & Dak(arguably) is asinine. I said absolutely nothing at all with Matt Ryan being a Top 10 QB or not.

But all those guys are in the 7-10 range though? Mahomes, Rodgers, Watson, Allen, Brady, Wilson is a very consensus Top 6, off this forum especially, and even on this forum. 

Lamar I fully agree is a Top 10 QB. However, he still needs to improve his passing, as teams adjusted more to him and his style of play in 2020, therefore he needs to have a more well-rounded skillset to keep being successful. It will be interesting to see how Lamar performs this year. I think he'll do great. Although I don't think he'll ever be well-rounded enough to crack the Top 5. He hasn't even really proven the ability to play from behind as he's not a passer that can take over a game. If Lamar finishes Top 3 in MVP and makes a Super Bowl appearance, I'm sure I'll change my tune, but he would have to be more well-rounded for either of those things to happen. Teams have his 2019 tape and have the blueprint for it. Therefore, Lamar needs to grow, get better in every category, and evolve. 

1 Rodgers

2 Mahomes

3 Brady

4 Watson

5 Wilson

6 Allen

7 Dak

8 Jackson

9 Herbert

10 Stafford

11 Cousins

12 Tannehill

13 Ryan

14 Carr

15 Burrow

16 Mayfield

17 Lawrence

18 Murray

19 Jimmy G

20 Fitzpatrick

21 Winston

22 Mac Jones

23 Roethlisberger

24 Daniel Jones

25 Wentz

26 Fields

27 Darnold

28 Tua

29 Z. Wilson

30 Cam

31 Goff

32 Lance

8 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Trevor Lawrence as 5th best rookie.. interesting take

Already has a rotor cuff surgery to recover from (non throwing shoulder) and has a wiry frame to go with a fairly aggressive running style. Not an over impressive decision maker, has a fairly long delivery, and not to mention a lot of expectations on him that is a lot of pressure to deal with constantly. I don't believe he deserves all of the hype he has but I still think he can be a decent QB because of his talent. I just don't like the makeup of the guy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Already has a rotor cuff surgery to recover from (non throwing shoulder) and has a wiry frame to go with a fairly aggressive running style. Not an over impressive decision maker, has a fairly long delivery, and not to mention a lot of expectations on him that is a lot of pressure to deal with constantly. I don't believe he deserves all of the hype he has but I still think he can be a decent QB because of his talent. I just don't like the makeup of the guy.

I'm sure he'll be fine enough down the road. He has at least as good a chance as anyone. But, yeah, I think he's in a position only slightly better than Wilson in New York, and even then I trust Saleh more than Meyer. 

1. Rodgers

2. Mahomes

3. Wilson

4. Allen

5. Herbert

6. Watson

7. Brady

8. Lamar

9. Tannehill

10. Dak

11. Baker

12. Carr

13. Cousins

14. Stafford

15. Ryan

16. Murray

17. Burrow

18. Ben

19. D. Jones

20. Wentz

21. Goff

22. Jimmy 

23. Hurts

24. Tua

25. Fitz

26. Winston

27. Cam

28. Lock

29. Darnold

30. Lawrence

31. Fields

32. Wilson

1 hour ago, DawgX said:

Seeing guys like Garoppolo and Murray ahead of Baker.

tenor.gif

Player A

• 61.9% completion
  • 7.4 YPA
  • 75:43 ratio (1.74)
  • 437 rushing and 4 TD

Player B

• 67.5% completion
  • 8.2 YPA
  • 51:26 ratio (1.96)
  • 141 rushing and 2 TD

Player C

• 65.8% completion
  • 7.0 YPA
  • 46:24 ratio (1.92)
  • 1,363 rushing and 15 TD

I'll let you decide for yourself, but I think it's very clear who the bottom of the 3 is

Edited by Tk3

50 minutes ago, RussianJag said:

Watson is so overrated. Elite QBs don’t go 4-12

I’ve echoed this statement many times on FF and it’s never well received. There are times that this website can’t see the sport through the stats and fantasy points. Not all interceptions, fumbles, and incompletions are created equal because of the timeliness they can occur in games and their impacts on momentum. Watson had game losing plays last year, and situations where he stunk for an entire first half, then put up decent stats against prevent defence in the later parts of the game. He also no showed in some winnable games against bad defences. When you add in his off the field antics, He’s faaaaaaar from the top 4 of who id pick as QB of my team 

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Seeing guys like Garoppolo and Murray ahead of Baker.

tenor.gif

Yeah I don’t get it either... Kyler is quickly becoming one of the most overrated players in the league. It’s pretty funny because a lot of what I see Lamar is often derogated because he might get hurt, but Kyler gets a pass for his garbage second half of this past season because he was hurt... meanwhile Garoppolo absolutely can’t hang with Baker IMO

Edited by ThatJaxxenGuy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Player A

• 61.9% completion
  • 7.4 YPA
  • 437 rushing and 4 TD

Player B

• 67.5% completion
  • 8.2 YPA
  • 141 rushing and 2 TD

Player C

• 65.8% completion
  • 7.0 YPA

I'll let you decide for yourself, but I think it's very clear who the bottom of the 3 is

Ha, stats don't tell the whole story. Let's see what Baker does in year two of finally playing in the same scheme for two years in a row for the first time in his career.

If you'd honestly take Garoppolo over Baker, then I don't know what to tell you.

And Murray is probably the most overrated QB in the league at the moment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Ha, stats don't tell the whole story. Let's see what Baker does in year two of finally playing in the same scheme for two years in a row for the first time in his career.

If you'd honestly take Garoppolo over Baker, then I don't know what to tell you.

And Murray is probably the most overrated QB in the league at the moment.

I think Baker and Murray are both going to have good seasons if they are able to avoid injury. To this point Murray has offered a bit more with his legs and passing as been quite close between the two of them. Right now I would take Murray but wouldn't be surprised at all if Baker shows out this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Player A

• 61.9% completion
  • 7.4 YPA
  • 437 rushing and 4 TD

Player B

• 67.5% completion
  • 8.2 YPA
  • 141 rushing and 2 TD

Player C

• 65.8% completion
  • 7.0 YPA

Stop relying on stats as everything. Kyler still has a lot to figure out with reading defenses, the guy looked totally lost the second half of the season. And I’m a big Murray fan. Baker is head and shoulders above him as a passer and decision maker, regardless what “stats” say, and I’m one of the bigger Baker critics. Murray has the run game element, but Baker also understands defenses way better and constantly moves the ball more effectively than Murray. That may change this year, but for now, when Murray plays a defense that has tailored their gameplan around him, he’s been stopped in his tracks. 

You constantly preach whatever gets the job done. And Baker moves the ball way more consistently than Kyler does. I have seen Kyler totally figured out by defenses and stopped drive after drive looking totally lost and confused. 

Edited by BayRaider