• Ed Oliver
    • Tyrel Dodson
    • Andre Smith
    • Dane Jackson
    • Jaquan Johnson
    • Damar Hamlin
    • Other

I had a tougher time with this one.

I went with AJ. I think the staff has him at a weight he’s comfortable with, he knows the system and has a full offseason to prepare like a pro.

Dawkins has already spoken about the difference he sees in AJ. I think he could be in for a modest 6-8 sacks this season and cements himself as a long term starter on the DL.

I went with Big Ed. Partially because he has to and also because he'll have a healthy Star Lotulelei there with a steady rotation of talent putting pressure on the edge. It's pretty crazy the amount of potential on the DL this year. So many young and talented guys hungry for a shot. 

I thought Ed took a nice step last year but hoping for a big one this year.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Nick said:

I went with Big Ed. Partially because he has to and also because he'll have a healthy Star Lotulelei there with a steady rotation of talent putting pressure on the edge. It's pretty crazy the amount of potential on the DL this year. So many young and talented guys hungry for a shot. 

I thought Ed took a nice step last year but hoping for a big one this year.

Sure hope so. He hasn't been showing up necessarily on the stat sheet but Oliver has been pretty dominant up front. Unfortunate he hasn't had a lot of help. Apparently he gave Star a huge hug today when he saw him.

2 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

I think there is potential for a lot of m ok movement at CB behind Tre, I think with a strong showing, Dane Jackson could potentially move up that depth chart.

Staff certainly seems to believe in Levi and Dane which is good enough for me. I'm excited to see Jackson in pre-season. Also great to hear Wildgoose had an INT on the first day of camp.

It was a close call but I went with Ed. Piggy backing off of what Nick was saying, he pretty much needs to have this year go very well for him. My runner up was Dane Jackson, especially with Big Baller Beane always seem to hyping him up. I think it could be one of them, but with Oliver having that 1st round tag on him, his expectations are way higher than an undrafted CB. Another meh type of season for Oliver could mean no 5th year option for him next spring. 

• Like 1

I'll echo what everyone else has been saying- Oliver, Epenesa, and Jackson are the three guys I'm most intrigued about this year. Basham and Rousseau are also solid candidates, but I think they're a year away from becoming impact players, though I'd love to eat crow on that statement. 

I'll go with Oliver as my overall choice. 

Edited by WizeGuy
  • Like 1

Milano may break out in a way that he shows up healthy all year long. I think another guy who needs to take it to the next level is Edmunds, while he is our play caller I would like to see more from him to show he is worth a 5 year extension.

As for someone who needs to come out it has to be Oliver, while he has been double teamed a lot last year he needs to show that he is making massive progress to prove he is a top 10 pick. Hopefully year 3 gets him on track. 

As for a surprise move I would like to see Epenesa, all this talk and hype from Frasier and praising his work ethic I really would love to see him turn this year around and prove to the doubters, including myself it was the right pick in the 2nd rd last year and that a full year of able to understand the pros will show he is progressing and to show why teams made the mistake of letting him fall in the 1st rd.

I will be disappointed if Rousseau doesnt see the field a good portion of the year and basham being used more inside then on the edge, I think both should be out there in the right position and showing flashes of future promise for a position that has been lacking ever since Schwartz left.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I will be disappointed if Rousseau doesnt see the field a good portion of the year and basham being used more inside then on the edge, I think both should be out there in the right position and showing flashes of future promise for a position that has been lacking ever since Schwartz left.

Both apparently had good OTA's and minicamps.

Sounds like Rousseau speed was really evident this week. Which isn't hard to believe. 

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Both apparently had good OTA's and minicamps.

Sounds like Rousseau speed was really evident this week. Which isn't hard to believe. 

Good I am really hoping I am wrong about the pick. I think he has the potential to be something my big concern was the lack of playing at the college level and in high school he played safety more so then pass rusher that is why I didnt want to draft him. You have the speed to beat out players thats fine but you also need to build a technique to get to the qb as well whether there is a swim move, or a spin move or something you just cant always count on your speed as top tier tackles know how to cut you off or jam you up on the line when it comes to preventing you from using that speed. 

21 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Good I am really hoping I am wrong about the pick. I think he has the potential to be something my big concern was the lack of playing at the college level and in high school he played safety more so then pass rusher that is why I didnt want to draft him. You have the speed to beat out players thats fine but you also need to build a technique to get to the qb as well whether there is a swim move, or a spin move or something you just cant always count on your speed as top tier tackles know how to cut you off or jam you up on the line when it comes to preventing you from using that speed. 

That’s why I think a guy like Addison is safe. Rousseau has a lot of work to do and putting too much on his plate early could be a real issue.

Based on some of Beanes comments regarding preserving Mario, I could see the 3 “starting” DE on early downs being Hughes, Basham and Epenesa. With Addison and Rousseau getting a lot more 3rd down action. 

Should create a healthy rotation where guys are staying fresh and gives OT a lot more film to analyze.

I could see multiple players breakout

Word is Epenesa has been making plays and is way ahead of where he was last year.

Ed Oliver is always a threat to breakout with his talents

And Dane Jackson could very well become a solid #2 CB for us. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kmart128 said:

I could see multiple players breakout

Word is Epenesa has been making plays and is way ahead of where he was last year.

Ed Oliver is always a threat to breakout with his talents

And Dane Jackson could very well become a solid #2 CB for us. 

I am very hopeful for all 3 of these guys. It’s nice to be in a position on D that we can start replenishing holes with draft picks as opposed to going out into FA.

Just need these picks to continue to hit.