Steelers Release OG David DeCastro

AFlaccoSeagulls

7 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Amazing to me we took an elite run blocking guard and made him suck at it. Lol. 

But on the flip side how about this one:

Since 2017 DDC took 2,236 snaps and only allowed 2 sacks. 

I mean, DeCastro was never really a road grader.   He was a pretty balanced blocker his entire football career.    Our entire line declined after we lost Munchack.    Id kill to have him back.

19 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm a huge Najee Harris fan but I was surprised they didn't draft a Oline in the first round. They did draft Kendrick Green in the 3rd round tho. 

Ding ding ding, they could have used their first round pick on a stud OT then had Chuba Hubbard or Trey Sirmon later in the draft. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The Steelers are going to have 4 new starters on the OL. While I realize they sucked at run blocking, that’s still a lot of new pieces. Sometimes a unit gels, but that’s still a lot to address in an off-season.

We are all concerned about the pass blocking, but we know an OL overhaul was coming....just not this fast.

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

And no Munchack? 😬

Munch was amazing.   He made every OLineman that played on our line look better than they were.   Even backups played decent under him.    

Since then, our line has declined.    This year, it could be scary bad.   Our run blocking cant really get worse, but our pass blocking can....and probably will.

1 hour ago, 43M said:

Munch was amazing.   He made every OLineman that played on our line look better than they were.   Even backups played decent under him.    

Since then, our line has declined.    This year, it could be scary bad.   Our run blocking cant really get worse, but our pass blocking can....and probably will.

I remember some Steelers fans (not you - and some not necessarily even on this forum) acted like losing Munchak wasn't that big of a deal at the time. An elite OL coach is a very underrated thing.

• Like 2

I wish Muchacks daughters planted thier roots in Pittsburgh/east coast and not Denver and LA smh

I think ben will be fine because he will get the ball out fast like he did last yr. its our receiving core I'm more worried about taking massive hits in the middle of the field like Juju vs cincy

On 6/25/2021 at 4:01 AM, 43M said:

I mean, DeCastro was never really a road grader.   He was a pretty balanced blocker his entire football career.    Our entire line declined after we lost Munchack.    Id kill to have him back.

I either talked about this with you or someone else when Munchack first left and joined the Broncos. But I felt that was a huge loss at the time.