• Suns in 5
    • Suns in 6
    • Suns in 7
    • Bucks in 4
    • Bucks in 5
    • Bucks in 6
    • Bucks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/21/2021 at 08:45 AM

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

It is confirmation bias on both our parts, but I ain't listening to anything the league puts out. Referee reports are bogus lol.

Either way when the vast majority agrees that it was a dirty play and the vast majority agrees that CP3 is known for dirty behavior in his past.... then yeah.

But, you and him are free to believe whatever you want.

It’s funny that you and the other guy have convinced yourselves of where I stand on this matter. I’ve personally said it wasn’t dirty and havent really argued those who have said it’s dirty. Only argued that Giannis’ just was just as bad, if not worse. Be consistent. Difference being one has rep and isn’t liked and the other isn’t. 

Like I said though,  this forum can be all kinds of stupid sometimes. 

Edited by Kip Smithers

10 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Of course you would be confused. I expected nothing less. Giannis in that span is has accumulated accolades that is nearly unprecedented and best player in the game by a great margin stuff yet at no point has anybody (except you probably, otherwise I wouldn’t have to break it down to you) ever considered him the best player in the game or even close to it.

That's more confusion on how to judge him IMO. He puts up the numbers of a big man, but people want to compare him to a ball-dominant wing like LeBron because his numbers don't come from post-ups. Since he can't shoot well, people hold it against him. People didn't hold it against Shaq.

In this era people will always hesitate to call a mediocre shooter the best player in the league, whether that's fair or not.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

That's more confusion on how to judge him IMO. He puts up the numbers of a big man, but people want to compare him to a ball-dominant wing like LeBron because his numbers don't come from post-ups. Since he can't shoot well, people hold it against him. People didn't hold it against Shaq.

In this era people will always hesitate to call a mediocre shooter the best player in the league, whether that's fair or not.

It's more how he isn't one of the main factors in the clutch possessions that has people feeling this way, more so than him being a bad shooter. Like he legit in game 4 was trying to get rid of the ball so he wouldn't get fouled and when he would get fouled, he didn't throw the ball at the rim since he didn't want to shoot FTs...Fast forward to game 5 and he misses three consecutive FTs and Middleton/Jrue have been doing the closing all playoffs.....BUT he does so many great things on both ends, people only want to point to what he doesn't do in the clutch opposed to what he DOES do. What is funny is you have so many people dogging Giannis for not being a closer yet they were also hating on Kobe saying he got carried to three rings with Shaq when he was actually doing the closing during that time. People will say things to fit their narrative.

What is funny in all of this is that Giannis himself has never said he is the best player in the world. Last year he said it is LeBron and has always been LeBron and earlier in the playoffs said KD is the best player. Dude is a legit humble guy that plays his a$$ off every single time he is on the floor and continues to get better. Look at how he adjusted his game DURING the playoffs. Early in this series he was putting up numbers but was doing so at the expense of his teammates by isolating so far from the rim so what does he do? Accepts what is best for the team and starts getting more post touches and more rolls to the basket. How many superstars would adjust their game like that mid series? So do I think he is the best player in the world? I don't, I think that is KD. But I really don't care since Giannis is dope as hell and he's building a great legacy at such a young age. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

But the thing is that I view him as a hybrid. Hybrid of a wing and a big man. Also I think they hesitate to call him the best because how easy was in particular to shut him down and limit his effectiveness. I don’t think it’s a case of just not shooting well And that he’s a big. I mean did people hesitate to call SHAQ the best player in the league? 

59 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

But the thing is that I view him as a hybrid. Hybrid of a wing and a big man. Also I think they hesitate to call him the best because how easy was in particular to shut him down and limit his effectiveness. I don’t think it’s a case of just not shooting well And that he’s a big. I mean did people hesitate to call SHAQ the best player in the league? 

Okay, what's the excuse now though?

• Like 1