Free Agent WR Ted Ginn Jr announces retirement

TheKillerNacho

https://www.nfl.com/news/wr-ted-ginn-announces-retirement-after-14-nfl-seasons

Originally a bust for the Dolphins, Ginn still carved out a pretty decent career for himself as a returner and eventually even as a receiver for the Panthers and Saints. I will never forget the play he burned Darrelle Revis for an easy TD from Chad Henne on MNF.

Enjoy retirement, Ted. Although I think the Dolphins still hold the rights to your family (sorry about that).

• Like 3

Im sure Cam Cameron still has nightmares about Ted Ginn.

Anyway, he turned out semi decent.   If he were a mid round pick, you could say he had a pretty nice career...but when you realize he was a top 10 pick, that stings.

Ted Ginn probably could have made multiple Pro Bowls if his hands weren't so bad.  His speed was different, but he dropped so many would-be touchdowns here.  This being the most memorable.

ginn.0.gif

Not everyone can be Larry Fitz, but how his hands remained so bad his entire career is crazy to me.  One of the biggest examples of a body-catcher.

Still a very good career all things considered.  Thank god the Panthers brought him back in 2015.  Ginn definitely isn't a #1 WR, but he was easily Cam's best WR target that year and his ability to threaten teams deep allowed us to do more underneath and with the run game.

• Like 3

Ted Jr had a lot of things working against him: second-generation player in his father's shadow, a draft bust, didn't have great hands... but defied expectations by sticking around 14 years and playing in a Super Bowl. I wish him the best.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Ted Jr had a lot of things working against him: second-generation player in his father's shadow, a draft bust, didn't have great hands... but defied expectations by sticking around 14 years and playing in a Super Bowl. I wish him the best.

Did he play in the Niners Super Bowl also?

To think about it even deeper, extra kudos to him for playing 14 years in the NFL at a position he never originally supposed to play. If people remember, he was the top cornerback prospect in the country and changed positions because he was so dynamic with the ball in his hands at tOSU. Who knows if he would have lasted as long if he played corner

• Like 1