2021 Training camp news and notes

Sad People

12 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

😂😂😂

Derek is missing a key word. Outbreak.

It is astronomically unlikely an outbreak will occur amongst a group of vaccinated individuals. One or two may get it but that's it. In a group of unvaccinated individuals, well... all will get sick.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Derek is missing a key word. Outbreak.

It is astronomically unlikely an outbreak will occur amongst a group of vaccinated individuals. One or two may get it but that's it. In a group of unvaccinated individuals, well... all will get sick.

That's just not true.

This was sold as 99+% effective and "break through" cases are all over the place.  I would be surprised if everyone doesn't personally know of a breakthrough case right now.   It obviously isn't anything close to 99+% effective in stopping it or stopping spread.   

Isn't England almost all vaccinated and having issues? 

I have seen several groups of people hang together, sleep together and only a handful of them get it.  All unvaccinated.  It doesn't "outbreak" through entire group.  

There are public examples.   We just had college baseball team have an outbreak and more vaccinated players got it than unvaccinated.  It went through many of Yankees all vaccinated.

We had I don't know how many positive cases in sports last year and none died amongst active players.   It didn't rip through whole team, just a portion You can say it was because of masks and quarantine, but they were together on field unmasked before that.  

We also have many young people complaining of serious side effects after getting vaccine including heart problems.   Some have been hospitalized for it.   Some have purportedly died.  

You can think everyone should be mandated to get vaccine, but I don't think people who are skeptical of authorities and media should be laughed at.   They have not been trustworthy - almost ever.   

Still has been case that vast majority get the virus and are fine.   Just like vast majority take vaccine and are fine.   But a small percentage are also taking vaccine and having issues.   So the choice not to take vaccine is not illogical. 

Many of people not taking vaccine already had Covid and didn't find it to be a big deal.  They theoretically have a natural immunity at least as effective as this vaccine claims to be.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, ACO said:

I don't get the whining. Don't get vaccinated. The league aint forcing you. 

$0.02 incoming: I would suggest that you may be playing a bit of a semantic game. An agenda is being pushed. The players are being used as pawns. No one is shutting down fast food chains or cigarette stores to protect the health of Americans. It's just vaccine vaccine vaccine. In California you are bribed with donuts--true story--to get the vaccine. 

There have been many cases of vaccinated people getting Covid, and thus they can spread as well. Blaming any outbreak (automatically) on unvaccinated is disingenuous, despite how easy that link may seem to make. 

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.07.19.452771v1.full.pdf

J&J 67%(!) effective vs "moderate to severe infection" (is this even studied towards Delta? If someone knows more, that'd be great), others around 94-95% (hint: that's still not good, as 1/20 people vaccinated are still getting Covid) effective against Covid.  For the very serious risks involved with what is not well-studied (argue until you're blue in the face and you'll still be wrong), why should players be forced? There is rhetoric going around already that there will have to be another vaccine for the Delta. This is a slippery slope, to say the least.

With the exposed emails connecting a very clear business deal with the Wuhan lab, with gain of function (yes it was) being conducted, why are we trusting these fraudulent companies to produce the cure again? Why again are we trusting Fauci as far as we can throw him? The guy is a worm. He will likely get away with it, but he has committed treason.

The NFL is way overstepping and I LOVE that players are speaking out. I hope enough do it that the league has to change course. I doubt it, but we'll see. I do applaud these guys for not just falling in line, especially DeAndre.

P.S.: I'll assume this topic is acceptable to discuss, as I'm only following up on the topic. I'm happy to end this convo if that is what site moderation prefers. I don't think it qualifies as politics, but it's not exactly football (but it is entirely football-related so...🤔🤷‍♂️).

tl;dr body autonomy because there are risks to all choices

• Like 1

I see we’re devolving into Q level conspiracies here. That isn’t what this thread is for. Join us in TAST if you want to talk/debate COVID.

Back on topic; Hopkins can retire today and live comfortably. He should do what he deems best for his family and himself. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I see we’re devolving into Q level conspiracies here.

You're being a rude guy. Just say you "trust the experts", which of course is your prerogative, rather than attacks on individual credibility. Folks can disagree.

That isn’t what this thread is for. Join us in TAST if you want to talk/debate COVID.

Fair enough and can't disagree on this.

Back on topic; Hopkins can retire today and live comfortably. He should do what he deems best for his family and himself. 

This seems much more respectful of DeAndre's reasons (that were likely very much in line with what you called, "Q level conspiracies"). Also, you're not back on topic; the bolded is 100% talking about refusing to take the vaccine and not about football (unless this is all about football and not just a "Covid debate").

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, mattyice0401 said:

Maybe we should keep this thread to TC news, notes and TC battles and move the new NFL statement about vaccinated to a separate thread? Just a thought though and ultimately doesnt matter all that much.

Oops. Just read this. Will do.

2 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

You are not more important than the social good

and the idea that you're above the welfare of others

That's an interesting way you see your life. Also, nice parroting of talking points. Is any family as important as your family? 🤔 You make no sense, though you think you do. Also, interesting that you are pointing it at me individually for some reason. You are the one against the actual social good. You are not the one who will take financial and ethical accountability over DeAndre or Cole if they have something go awry from the vaccine, so stop acting high and mighty when you are just chirping in other people's lives.

purely because you think you're the main character of life is some ****boi ****. 

Strangely-specific projection there. It goes nicely with the strawmen.

**If you actually want more than to do a fly-by, pm me.  I wrote back once because you just sniped me (like a punk), but let's not do this anymore in the thread.**

Edited by NudeTayne

the country my family is from didn't eradicate polio until less than a decade ago because of the difficulty of vaccine supply, distribution, and uptake, but here in america we have absolute losers actively fighting against mass covid vaccination despite having a vaccine supply that poorer countries would kill for. pathetic.

Edited by -Hope-
  • Like 7