Packers Training Camp 2021 Thread

packfanfb

19 minutes ago, Leader said:

Matt Schneidman -   Aaron Rodgers just chewed someone out, and it sure seemed to be rookie C Josh Myers after he didn’t snap the ball when he was supposed to. Rodgers called timeout and it was a frustrated timeout call. Rodgers scheduled to be at the podium after practice.

At this point its all tough love for Myers. He's good enough to start, now its time to step up and knock off the rookie ****. We all want free plays to continue.

1 hour ago, Brat&Beer said:

Does that mean Braden is in trouble, or they think he can be a G/T swing guy?

I think he's proven to be a T/G more than G/T. He was brought in as a Guard and is listed as such, but we saw a ton of him at RT against the Jets. I thought he looked pretty good though not necessarily starter material of course.

21 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Denmark was super intriguing when he came out. 6'2 tough uber athlete. But hell be cut in 7 days. No chance hes going to make our DB room with 5 days prep.

You may be right about that. But I'm thinking the Packers may be looking at him as a PS addition,  possibly in that hybrid LB/safety role. They may want to give him a look to see if he's worth trying to develop.

Check out this scouting report, from a Packer division opponent, and film clip on Denmark:

Scouting on Stephen Denmark

The guy clearly likes to hit! And it would be HILARIOUS if Denmark turned into a servicable-->decent player for Green Bay. On the other hand, he may be another Josh Jones...

But to me there's no down side for the Packers to invest a few days extending the kid's 'tryout.'

Edited by JQ1

3 minutes ago, JQ1 said:

You may be right about that. But I'm thinking the Packers may be looking at him as a PS addition,  possibly in that hybrid LB/safety role. They may want to give him a look to see if he's worth trying to develop.

Check out the Bears scouting report and the film clip on Denmark:

Bears Scout on Stephen Denmark

The guy clearly likes to hit! And it would be HILARIOUS (not for the bears) if Denmark turned into a servicable player for Green Bay. On the other hand, he may be another Josh Jones...

But to me there's no down side for the Packers to invest a few days extending the kid's 'tryout.'

No, no downside. Clearly a body you can stick on STs for a few days to see if the **** sticks. I watched as much as i could find of valdosta state when he came out. Which obviously wasnt much but very interesting. Just faces a big battle is all in saying. Rooting for him.