Running with the Wolves Mafia - N6 game ends - Hellhounds win!

Tk3

Roles:

• TOWN:
    • Regular wolf (wolfpack aligned) - Your power is your vote
    • Odd night dreamwolf (wolfpack aligned) - Every odd night I will send you a list of 3 names. AT LEAST one (although possibly more) of those players will not be Wolfpack aligned. You win when all threats to the wolfpack are eliminated
    • Even night dreamwolf (wolfpack aligned) - Every even night I will send you a list of 3 names. AT LEAST one (although possibly more) of those players will not be Wolfpack aligned. You win when all threats to the wolfpack are eliminated
    • One shot dreamwolf (wolfpack aligned) - One time throughout the game, at your request, I will send you a list of 3 names. AT LEAST one (although possibly more) of those players will not be Wolfpack aligned. You win when all threats to the wolfpack are eliminated
  • OTHER (CULT):
    • Alpha wolf (alpha aligned) - 4x shot conversion. At night you can attempt to convert a wolf to your side. You will only be able to convert "regular wolves" to alpha wolves. You win when you control the vote (and cannot lose control of the vote)
  • MAFIA:
    • Odd night killer (hellhounds aligned) - You make the odd night kills. You win when the Hellhounds control the vote
    • Even night killer (hellhounds aligned) - You make the even night kills. You win when the Hellhounds control the vote
    • Team vengeful/Replacement (hellhounds aligned) - You begin the game immune to investigations and are 1x deathproof. When one of your killers die, you will be given the choice take over that player's role, as well as get a bonus vengeful kill against someone who voted for that person. However, if you accept the new role, you will no longer be immune to investigations. You win when the Hellhounds control the vote.

• Regular wolves: Scoundrel, Malf, Pickle, swoosh, hockey, mightymouse
  • Odd night dreamwolves: ET, bcb
  • Even night dreamwolves: Dome, Squire
  • 1 shot dreamwolves: jason, raves

• Alpha wolf: Orca

• Odd night killer: Josh
  • Even night killer: Matts
  • Team Vengeful/Replacement: Nacho
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

i knew you guys were actually cult.

was banking on the fact you couldnt convert many lol

Was an interesting (ballsy) push by you yesterday. If I was on, Matts would've been the lynch, and you would've been outed. Well i can't say that for certainty, bcb refused to go anyone but someone on his dream list. It would depend on Scoundrel's vote. 

Huge props to TL for figuring out you were scum despite not having the proof of Matts flipping scum. This has to be, my far, the best rookie performance. 

• Like 2

Some notes on my thought process in creating the game

I love the dreamer role, and NEVER see it come up. Tricorder comes up sometimes, which is cool. But what is cooler than a DREAMWOLF?

I eventually started planning a game where ALL of the town were dreamwolves, and that obviously didn't work, so I had to bring in other mechanics

Ultimately, I landed on a situation with a 3rd party team (in this case, cult)

I split town 50/50. Half being dreamers, and half being susecptible to conversion

It creates a dichotemy where in order to use the dreams effectively, they have to be fully open. The two obvious costs to this is

1. it makes them hit targets
  2. 2. It gives scum a WIDE open ability to not only fake claim as a dreamer, but allows them to put in damaging falsehoods as dreams

The UNKNOWN cost to having everything out in the open, is that it really narrows down who the cult leader is trying to convert. Their odds of success skyrockets as people start to hard and soft claim their dreams

Having the cult also gives scum a bit of a reprieve. For one thing, it would be possible for them to NOT appear in a dream, which does a great number of things in their favor

Firstly, it tells them there is anothe faction out there, and that they need to deal with it. It also gives them a break and can push a vote elsewhere, legitimately. And it ALSO allows them to kill a specific dreamer, which VALIDATES a dream which leaves them CLEAN. This massive benefit is why I gave them an otherwise small scumteam and lack of powers. Because they are given SO many context clues of how to push votes in a way that is advantageous to them.

Ultimately, its a heavy information game --- but I feel like it also creates a heavy deception and thread game. Who is willing to properly lie about dreams? Which dreams do you believe and which don't you? Do you kill certain people as a way to test the validity of their dreams? Are hits being done in such a way to validate convenient dreams? I was really intrigued by how this will play out

• Like 2

Just now, swoosh said:

Was an interesting (ballsy) push by you yesterday. If I was on, Matts would've been the lynch, and you would've been outed. Well i can't say that for certainty, bcb refused to go anyone but someone on his dream list. It would depend on Scoundrel's vote. 

Huge props to TL for figuring out you were scum despite not having the proof of Matts flipping scum. This has to be, my far, the best rookie performance. 

I mean yeah... my hand was forced. Letting Matts get lynched would've led to autoloss. Orca kenw i was scum cause he failed to convert me. @TL-TwoWinsAway figured it out though. Ideally I don't like to overexert my hand as scum lol

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

I mean yeah... my hand was forced. Letting Matts get lynched would've led to autoloss. Orca kenw i was scum cause he failed to convert me. @TL-TwoWinsAway figured it out though. Ideally I don't like to overexert my hand as scum lol

also if @Matts4313 was online at the time he couldve like, helped himself not get lynched too lol

• Like 2

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

Yeah, not much you could really do there. Odds were against scum. Just beating myself up for not being on when I needed to be, after wasting my entire weekend on here lol

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

also if @Matts4313 was online at the time he couldve like, helped himself not get lynched too lol

If Matts was on near any other night time, this game would have been over days ago. But that scrub missed every single night phase until today.

But we did win the 1 night I showed up. Coincidence? 

• Like 2