return of cobb

FinneasGage

This is obviously a trade you do not make except to appease Rodg.   It is simply a bad deal for the Packers.  Not a big deal with it being a 6th round pick but a bad deal. The best question at the Rodg presser was when he was told by a reporter that most of the “moves” he wanted to make in the past would have been bad moves based on that players then performance.  Which is true.  Rodg of course blubbered something about, we’ll they would have been better here.  Pathetic.

Edited by 15412

When I went to the Packers Steelers game in '17, it was astonishing the speed/agility difference between Leveon/AB vs Cobb. Cobb was trying to make moves out there like them, he just couldn't.

In 2017. That said, I would have felt better on that last drive last year with Cobb on the field than what we had, so this could be a plus.. esp if it helps young guys.

16 minutes ago, 15412 said:

This is obviously a trade you do not make except to appease Rodg.   It is simply a bad deal for the Packers.  Not a big deal with it being a 6th round pick but a bad deal. The best question at the Rodg presser was when he was told by a reporter that most of the “moves” he wanted to make in the past would have been bad moves based on that players then performance.  Which is true.  Rodg of course blubbered something about, we’ll they would have been better here.  Pathetic.

Surprised that comment hasn't been talked about more -- when he mentions Jordy and Cobb as examples of guys who were mistreated, would've taken a pay cut or whatever to stay with the team... Those guys were AWFUL in their last years with the Packers. Saying things would have played out differently with HIM as their QB is not only arrogant, it's just flat out wrong when you consider their last years .

Rob Demovsky -  This is official. Packers only had to give up a sixth-round pick and got the Texans to eat $3 million of his salary. I’m told the cap hit on the Packers will be slightly under $3 million.

• Andy Herman -  Would seem to indicate Cobb took a bit of a pay-cut as well, or at least pushed some money into future years.

Just now, Leader said:

Rob Demovsky -  This is official. Packers only had to give up a sixth-round pick and got the Texans to eat $3 million of his salary. I’m told the cap hit on the Packers will be slightly under $3 million.

• Andy Herman -  Would seem to indicate Cobb took a bit of a pay-cut as well, or at least pushed some money into future years.

A 6 and under $3m cap hit is a steal for Cobb even if he's past his prime.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Agree....but I'm wondering if the cap hit was reduced by converting some cash into a SB - and - how many years is it for? Herman mentions "future years"....

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Oh ****. Nice. That's way more in line with what I thought originally, cheaper even

10 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

It's a steal if it keeps Rodgers from acting like a ***** for the next 6 months.  Cobb himself is kind of the throw in part of the deal.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

It's a steal if it keeps Rodgers from acting like a ***** for the next 6 months.  Cobb himself is kind of the throw in part of the deal.

I have to say I was fed up with Rodgers but I respect what he said today for the most part. It was more the media acting like a ***** than Rodgers. He wanted it to play out with just him and the Packers and not deal with the media. Issue is, once the media got wind of it, they ran with it. 

the only thing he has directly said that was slightly D bag was today when he said players would come to GB to play with him. Even if that’s true, I don’t think better unsaid during a press conference.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

the only thing he has directly said that was slightly D bag was today when he said players would come to GB to play with him. Even if that’s true, I don’t think better unsaid during a press conference.

Has any FA actually said after coming to GB that he came to play with AR?

Add on - I imagine Cobb if asked :)

Edited by Leader

39 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If the Texans ate 3 million of his cap hit then there is still 5.25 million to account for. So UNLESS Cobb took a pay cut we didn't get him for under 3 million. Those additional dollars are pushed into future years, which means we keep kicking the can down the road. 

I wish we would have shipped Rodgers out earlier in the summer!