The 2021 NBA Draft Thread (NO SPOILERS!!!)

CWood21

@Kirillhere are the protections to the 2 firsts we gave yall for the 16th pick.   Good Luck.  😆

• Washington first-round pick (protections are top 14 in 2023, top 12 in 2024, top 10 in 2025, and top 8 in 2026; becomes two second-round picks if still unconveyed at that time)
  • Detroit first-round pick (protections are top 16 in 2022, top 18 in 2023 and 2024, top 13 in 2025, top 11 in 2026, and top 9 in 2027; becomes second-round pick if still unconveyed at that time)

#thanksforsegun  #thepickswontcoveytill2025

39 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

@Kirillhere are the protections to the 2 firsts we gave yall for the 16th pick.   Good Luck.  😆

• Washington first-round pick (protections are top 14 in 2023, top 12 in 2024, top 10 in 2025, and top 8 in 2026; becomes two second-round picks if still unconveyed at that time)
  • Detroit first-round pick (protections are top 16 in 2022, top 18 in 2023 and 2024, top 13 in 2025, top 11 in 2026, and top 9 in 2027; becomes second-round pick if still unconveyed at that time)

#thanksforsegun  #thepickswontcoveytill2025

Bruh our general manager is so trash. I’m praying to god next year we lose the lottery again and get the 5th pick. 

it’s been nauseating being an okc fan and seeing our GM get heaps of praise while the team wastes a year getting vets in and then out as quickly as possible (not a good look in general IMO) then shutting Shai down for damn near the whole season just to get us Josh Giddey and two heavily protected future picks.

this idiot Sam couldn’t even tank right or we’d at least have Suggs. 

6 minutes ago, Kirill said:

Bruh our general manager is so trash. I’m praying to god next year we lose the lottery again and get the 5th pick. 

it’s been nauseating being an okc fan and seeing our GM get heaps of praise while the team wastes a year getting vets in and then out as quickly as possible (not a good look in general IMO) then shutting Shai down for damn near the whole season just to get us Josh Giddey and two heavily protected future picks.

this idiot Sam couldn’t even tank right or we’d at least have Suggs. 

Its similar criticism that Ainge got post Big 3 era in Boston but they at least came out of it with Tatum, Brown, and a trade for Kyrie which admittedly didnt work out but a good gamble at the time. 

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

I love it for them.  I think he could push for a starting job during the season.  He is already their best shooter on the team.

Ya it’s an interesting fit, with Murray out he might get some legit minutes during the regular season which should help his development.  But he also gets to play for a contender.  Not a lot of rookies get to be in that position.

13 hours ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Having a bunch of picks to trade doesn't work anymore.

We're seeing now that unless you include a young player worth a damn, unless that pick is basically a guaranteed top-5 pick nobody is going to bite.

It works if your GM has a pair of balls and is willing to part with a chunk of his precious picks to go get you a player. Our GM Sam is a manchild communications gradute who was a nepotism hire from the Spurs and is content diddling around figuring out his plan and wasting years of time while he gets these random vets in and immediately out of here because no grown man respects us or likes it here. Also maxing out young guys like Shai after letting them sit on their hands for a whole season isn’t the best way to handle your business IMO. We’re running a circus act in OKC idk how anyone can respect our general manager or process. It’s the reason our best free agent signing we’ve had in 10+ years in Oklahoma City is Anthony Morrow. This man gave Kyle Singler 25 million to warm up the bench. He’s a simp. He collectively paid Steven Adams and Enes Kanter 185 million but when it came time to get James Harden paid he chose Kendrick Perkins. I really don’t understand how this dude still has a job. Were so desperate in OKC for any urgency and practicality. This is a working class town. We need A GM who can be held accountable and not tell you to wait 4 more years cause he’s a genius who just burned one year on Josh Giddy. This **** is so painful.

Edited by Kirill
  • Like 1

Winners:  

Rockets-  Green has the best upside in this draft. I'm still shocked we traded 2 other team's future firsts to move up and take Segun at 16.  Garuba was nice value at 23.  He is the best defensive big man in the draft other than Mobley.  Fills a huge need for us.

Warriors-  Warriors getting Kuminga at 7 and Moody at 14 were excellent value.  If Kuminga pans out, the Warriors will be adding a future star.

Hornets-  Bouknight at 11 was a steal.  Him and Ball will form a very formable backcourt going forward.  Not high on Kai Jones but with Ball at PG he could reach his ceiling. Thor has potential as well and they got him round 2. 

Magic-  Not a huge Wagner fan, but they got Suggs at pick 5 when I thought he would be a lock at pick 4. Hopefully he ends up a star for them because Orlando really needs one.

Losers: 

Spurs-  Primo was a reach, no matter how much potential he has.  

Thunder-  Giddey was a reach as well, and the fact they aquired 2 future firsts that most likely wont convey till 2025 and let another team get Segun puts them on this list.

Kings-  I love Mitchell as a player even though he is older than most prospects, but the fit is bad.  Kings have 2 guards (Fox and Haliburton).  How will Mitchell get playing time? 

Edit:  Added the Hornets. 

Edited by Texansfan713
  • Like 1