2022 NBA Draft Thread

NYRaider

38 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

Rumor has it the Rockets are "really high on Banchero".  People think this is a 2 man draft with Jabari and Chet but the Rockets feel like its a 3 man draft.  Thats why im hoping we get the worst record.  At worst we are getting Adrian Griffin Jr. 

Same for Detroit.  I am hoping for 1 of the four.  Ivey and Davis or Murray aren't bad options either, but definitely not to the level of the top 4.  Its a pretty solid draft for the lottery this year but not all focused on freshman for once.  

22 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Same for Detroit.  I am hoping for 1 of the four.  Ivey and Davis or Murray aren't bad options either, but definitely not to the level of the top 4.  Its a pretty solid draft for the lottery this year but not all focused on freshman for once.  

Ivey isn't in your top 4? Jabari, Chet, Paolo,... 

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Ivey isn't in your top 4? Jabari, Chet, Paolo,... 

I like Griffin over Ivey, but its close.  I would have preferred if Ivey ran point more.  I am not sure he is a true 2 in the NBA and he has made some iffy decisions in the few games I have watched this year.  You can definitely see the potential, but I like Griffin's upside a little better.  Either way its a really solid top of the draft.  

• Like 2

Just now, Sllim Pickens said:

I like Griffin over Ivey, but its close.  I would have preferred if Ivey ran point more.  I am not sure he is a true 2 in the NBA and he has made some iffy decisions in the few games I have watched this year.  You can definitely see the potential, but I like Griffin's upside a little better.  Either way its a really solid top of the draft.  

I gotcha. Makes sense. I think I'd still put Ivey over Griffin, but I don't really watch much NCAA. 

This is how I rank them

Tier 1

Chet

Jabari

Tier 2

Banchero

Ivey

AJ Griffin

Tier 3

Sharpe (if he declares.  He is an unknown)

Tier 4

Murray

Duren (as much as I hate Memphis, I cant be bias.  Duren is legit)

Mathurin

Johnny Davis

Tier 5

The rest

Edited by Texansfan713

8 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

This is how I rank them

Tier 1

Chet

Jabari

Tier 2

Banchero

Ivey

AJ Griffin

Tier 3

Sharpe (if he declares.  He is an unknown)

Tier 4

Murray

Duren (as much as I hate Memphis, I cant be bias.  Duren is legit)

Mathurin

Johnny Davis

Tier 5

The rest

This is about right to me except I would swap Tier 3 and 4 and have Griffin over Ivey.  I know very little about Sharpe but I know that most of the guards we had projected as top picks this year struggled mightily when facing better competition and have fallen down draft boards. Sharpe is rated as a prospect similar to Hardy, Bates, Brandon Boston, Cole Anthony, RJ Hampton etc which is a wide range of outcomes.  Most bigs with similar ratings have been decent pros but the guards have been more up and down.  I think knowing the growth of the others is enough for me to take them over the unknown of a really young SG.  

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

What to make of Wembayama's statistical regression this year (in only 10 games tho)?

It shows that we (myself included) need to stop hyping guys who are 16-17 as locks to be stars. See also: Emoni Bates, the **** show that is currently Zion Williamson's situation.

1 hour ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Does Chet have Anthony Davis upside? Both skinny guys with guard skills and alien blocking ability.

AD more explosive and Chet the better shooter.

I don't think so. AD was a better athlete and had a way better frame conducive to adding weight. Chet's going to struggle with weight/strength for a long time.

2 hours ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Does Chet have Anthony Davis upside? Both skinny guys with guard skills and alien blocking ability.

AD more explosive and Chet the better shooter.

As a defender he will be better. Chet is probably the best big man defender I have scouted.  People expecting him to be the 24 PPG scorer AD was are gonna be disappointed.  I can see Chet peaking at 20 PPG with elite defense and passing ability.  

1 hour ago, Bullet Club said:

I don't think so. AD was a better athlete and had a way better frame conducive to adding weight. Chet's going to struggle with weight/strength for a long time.

one offseason under the beef stew "i'm from rochester, new york strong" training program and he'll be good to go