Bears sign OT Jason Peters

Blackstar12

.............. why? I love the bodyguard and the dude is a HoF guy for sure, but he is just too old. He gets hurt constantly and was getting beat by average guys on the regular at both tackle and guard.

The Bears have to be desperate, and Peters really should have retired. I am worried he did some bad things with his money to keep playing at this point.

Just now, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

.............. why? I love the bodyguard and the dude is a HoF guy for sure, but he is just too old. He gets hurt constantly and was getting beat by average guys on the regular at both tackle and guard.

The Bears have to be desperate, and Peters really should have retired. I am worried he did some bad things with his money to keep playing at this point.

Jenkins has a hurt lower back, so he may just be a stabilizing presence until he is cleared. We were down to I think our 5th and 6th OTs before Wilkinson healed up enough to play today - which obviously isn't who should be starting.

Get 5 weeks out of him and call it a win.

4 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Jenkins has a hurt lower back, so he may just be a stabilizing presence until he is cleared. We were down to I think our 5th and 6th OTs before Wilkinson healed up enough to play today - which obviously isn't who should be starting.

Get 5 weeks out of him and call it a win.

Ya you guys are really desperate then. It's gunna be a rough 5 weeks.

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Ya you guys are really desperate then. It's gunna be a rough 5 weeks.

For now but all seem fairly simple.

Teven Jenkins (back), Larry Borom (concussion), Lachavious Simmons (concussion), Elijah Wilkinson (reserve/COVID-19 list) and Germain Ifedi (hip-flexor). Then Bars limped off the field a few days ago, so we were down to like 9-10 OL in total. Bars bounced back, Wilkinson got cleared, and Ifedi should be back next game.

Before we got those two back though, this was our OL we were looking at.

I mean it would be a solid line up in college, but not so much here. lol

Thankfully all the issues seem short term and straightforward. I'd rather overpay a spot starter then try to force Fields behind a #6 OT while the rest heal up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Teven Jenkins (back), Larry Borom (concussion), Lachavious Simmons (concussion), Elijah Wilkinson (reserve/COVID-19 list) and Germain Ifedi (hip-flexor). Then Bars limped off the field a few days ago, so we were down to like 9-10 OL in total. Bars bounced back, Wilkinson got cleared, and Ifedi should be back next game.

Thankfully all the issues seem short term and straightforward. I'd rather overpay a spot starter then try to force Fields behind a #6 OT while the rest heal up.

Those guys are real NFL players? Because outside of Whitehair and Wilkinson, I've never heard of them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Those guys are real NFL players? Because outside of Whitehair and Wilkinson, I've never heard of them.

There's a reason you havent heard of them

Mustipher is a former UDFA who actually ended up stablizing the bears OL down the stretch at C, and earned himself a job going forward... Not super stout, but he apparently put on weight for this year. Honestly he's been an incredible find for his non existent draft position, but league average at best overall.

Arlington Hambright and Lachavious Simmons are both 7th rounders from a year or two ago.....   to put it in context, neither ended up cracking the roster last year while we where playing Rashaad Coward (a coverted DL to OT)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Epyon said:

There's a reason you havent heard of them

Mustipher is a former UDFA who actually ended up stablizing the bears OL down the stretch at C, and earned himself a job going forward... Not super stout, but he apparently put on weight for this year. Honestly he's been an incredible find for his non existent draft position, but league average at best overall.

Arlington Hambright and Lachavious Simmons are both 7th rounders from a year or two ago.....   to put it in context, neither ended up cracking the roster last year while we where playing Rashaad Coward (a coverted DL to OT)

Yeah, I actually have heard of Coward, oddly enough. I remember him coming out of Old Dominion. But despite following the draft, all three of those guys aren't familiar to me. 

2 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Real? Yes.

Good? no.

Now you see why we signed the corpse of Jason Peters. lol

I actually like Mustipher but would have rather seen if he could win a competition with Bars for the spot. I think Bars is going to be a solid starter. Kind of how Garza was to me. If he is the worst on your OL you have a hell of a line, if he is the best your OL sucks something fierce.

On 8/14/2021 at 1:30 PM, Sugashane said:

James Daniels? Or is he like for sure starter don't risk it in preseason type thing so didn't list him?