Bears sign OT Jason Peters

Blackstar12

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

James Daniels? Or is he like for sure starter don't risk it in preseason type thing so didn't list him?

Good catch,  I forgot about him. He just got healed up from a quad injury so they were looking at giving him the game off. He should be full speed this week though. 

I doubt they'll keep him out the full preseason since he missed time last year but Nagy doesn't really have a set pattern,  so I'm probably way off.

16 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Are they bringing him in to compete with Juan Castillo for the OL coaching job?

Is that who their OL coach is??    Isn't he the dude that was Eagles OL coach and then D coordinator or some wild **** in the Chip Kelly days  lmao..

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

Is that who their OL coach is??    Isn't he the dude that was Eagles OL coach and then D coordinator or some wild **** in the Chip Kelly days  lmao..

You are correct about him being the o-line coach then D coordinator but it was Andy Reid who was coaching at the time.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

He did a hell of a job last season, all things considered. Lost 4 starters and 2 backups due to injury and covid at one point and had to start 3 players who had never seen a single snap in the NFL as a starter, and he used it as an opportunity to propel some unforeseen talent.

He took an undrafted talent in Mustipher to shore up the center position --despite already having WHitehair and Daniels--and he looked good enough to win the starting position again this year. He took a former 1st round tackle bust from Carolina and made him a solid fixture at RG. He got something out Bars last season (which is a feat in of itself). He took a 7th round pick in Albright and made him atleast get "recognized"--for lack of better terms. He struggled a bit in the first half with limited time but looked much better in the 2nd. Wet behind the ears and needs to gain some strength but he looks like he could be a solid depth player in the future.

Now whether this remains consistent or not has yet to be seen. But so far, Castillo has done a solid job.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Folesadelphia said:

You are correct about him being the o-line coach then D coordinator but it was Andy Reid who was coaching at the time.

Yea it definitely makes sense now because Nagy is apart of the Andy Reid coaching tree.   Man those last couple season for Andy in Philly were pretty hilarious

3 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

He did a hell of a job last season, all things considered. Lost 4 starters and 2 backups due to injury and covid at one point and had to start 3 players who had never seen a single snap in the NFL as a starter, and he used it as an opportunity to propel some unforeseen talent.

He took an undrafted talent in Mustipher to shore up the center position --despite already having WHitehair and Daniels--and he looked good enough to win the starting position again this year. He took a former 1st round tackle bust from Carolina and made him a solid fixture at RG. He got something out Bars last season (which is a feat in of itself). He took a 7th round pick in Albright and made him atleast get "recognized"--for lack of better terms. He struggled a bit in the first half with limited time but looked much better in the 2nd. Wet behind the ears and needs to gain some strength but he looks like he could be a solid depth player in the future.

Now whether this remains consistent or not has yet to be seen. But so far, Castillo has done a solid job.

Thats why I think it was so baffling because he is a pretty good OL coach and then all of a sudden he gets a promotion to DC 🤣

• Like 2

13 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Giant difference between him and Harry H in my opinion.   He is not best O line coach in league, but he has done a good job in difficult conditions.

• Like 1

I mean if you are going to bring in a guy just to not completely mess up his assignment so that other linemen can at least see where they are supposed to be it makes sense. Cthulu help the bears though if they are depending on him to stay healthy in live action though. 

On 8/17/2021 at 11:58 AM, dll2000 said:

Giant difference between him and Harry H in my opinion.   He is not best O line coach in league, but he has done a good job in difficult conditions.

Castillo turned out to be what HH was supposed to be. At the time, most of us were happy to get HH back, but he turned out to be another example of an old coach who couldn't adapt with the times (which, from all accounts, was a reason he butted heads with Nagy). Playing Coward or even keeping him on the team was the last straw for me.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2021 at 12:19 PM, TheKillerNacho said:

Man I forgot about that. Most baffling moves I've ever seen.

FWIW, if I remember correctly, he said in an interview that he wanted to take time off away from football. Now I don't know if this was part of the reason he left or not but it does seem to line up.

On 8/17/2021 at 11:19 AM, TheKillerNacho said:
On 8/16/2021 at 9:19 PM, sryan66611 said:

Thats why I think it was so baffling because he is a pretty good OL coach and then all of a sudden he gets a promotion to DC 🤣

Man I forgot about that. Most baffling moves I've ever seen.

Theoretically - I understood the move. Who else would be able to exploit up-front blocking schemes than somebody who can quickly identify what an OL likes to do in film study?

It was a bold move ...that failed in application, however.

• Like 1