Wheel of Time Season 2 (Sept 1 Amazon Prime)

The Gnat

17 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

So ive seen all the episodes, which then sent me spiraling into ~2-3 hours of researching all about the books, the characters, weaving, power levels, different tribes, etc. 

What a mess.... at least now I can enjoy the show with a half-arsed understanding of the general plot dynamics

I watched all the episodes and had a pretty good understanding of what's going on. Don't know why people are struggling with this 

36 minutes ago, SMashMouthMike said:

So we are getting a different Mat actor for seasons beyond season 2 or?

That would be a shame cause he seems to hitting his stride with that character. 

Yeah, Barney Harris has been great but Mat was recast for season 2. No definiteve reason was given and he’s off social media and hasn’t popped up in any other productions. He seemed kinda erratic on social media and many speculate that he was dealing with some issues.

The guy they recast him seems like a good fit, though. Definitely had some of the same vibe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Knowledge said:

I watched all the episodes and had a pretty good understanding of what's going on. Don't know why people are struggling with this 

There are 14 books and a million wiki articles, so clearly there is a more deep understanding of the dynamics than what the show has given us. I enjoy learning the finer detail points. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

There are 14 books and a million wiki articles, so clearly there is a more deep understanding of the dynamics than what the show has given us. I enjoy learning the finer detail points. 

Gotcha I generally tend to do the same thing you made it sound like the plot was impossible to follow 

I’d highly recommend you avoid the internet to research the show. Big time risk of spoilage. There is a really good “Before you read TWOT” on YouTube. Just stick to that and if you still don’t have your question answered, either don’t sweat it or ask the question to someone you trust who has read the books or a trusted spoiler free forum. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:21 AM, The Gnat said:

I'm two episodes in and I'm enjoying it. I thought the first one they crammed too much into and added in one piece of character development in a way that was heavy handed with Perrin. I get what they were going for, they just weren't subtle about it. The second episode I liked a lot. And I also don't know that I can think of a show that has better casting. Everyone works really well in the show. I missed the Tam fever dream as well, I get what they are doing, again, it just feel less interesting.

I noticed that as well, but after episode 4, I get why they removed it. If you've read the books and want to discuss it in DMs, shoot me a message.

EDIT: Nevermind, see you've touched on it later in the thread.

Edited by Woz

On 11/27/2021 at 8:39 AM, Fresh Prince said:

so the Red group tracks down men who have the same powers as them, only to remove said power. Harsh

Yes because the men who wield the One Power go insane and usually end up killing all those around them.

22 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

I’d highly recommend you avoid the internet to research the show. Big time risk of spoilage. There is a really good “Before you read TWOT” on YouTube. Just stick to that and if you still don’t have your question answered, either don’t sweat it or ask the question to someone you trust who has read the books or a trusted spoiler free forum. 

100%

people have already posted links in this thread that contain spoilers 

Spoiler

specifcally the "extra" Ajah, which I anticipate being a big reveal in the show

If you google ANYTHING you will be spoiled. You go on any character page and it will tell you if a person survives the book series or not. It'll spoil who the dragon reborn is. It'll reveal who is secretly somebody else, or somebody who is secretly a darkfriend who you wouldn't know is yet

If you have broad questions ask here - and I recommend people actually answer questions instead of linking them places