ON TO PITTSBURGH! LV@Pitt GDT! (early I know)

Totty

Who ya got?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Raiders
    • Steelers

7 hours ago, Steeler Hitman said:

I think David Carr did an excellent job of moving the ball around. I have not seen or heard a lot about Henry Ruggs. He could be a factor. Some of our DB's struggle with pure speed. 

I wouldn't be surprised with a Raider win. You guys always seem to do that to the Steelers, and especially of late. But I think the late Monday night game that went to OT, the emotion of the win against a very good Ravens team, the emotion of playing the first home game in the new Vegas stadium with the fans, flying to the east coast on a short week, playing at 1:00 pm (which is only 10 am on the left coast), the match-ups, and this being the Steelers first game in front of fans in quite some time that is a lot for Raider Nation to overcome. If you do, my hats off to you. I think it is close, but I think the Steelers go up and then hold on. I predicted 31-24 Steelers. Both teams are 1-0 and one of the 0's have to go.  Good points and posts by you both. 

And also I wanted to say, fantastic posts and discussion by you all the way around throughout this thread. 

I love hearing from fans of other teams about how they view their teams strengths and weaknesses, what they saw in past games, how they would attack their team and how they see it playing out if the other team is going to pull off the win. Obviously we all have some bias, but I love discussing with other fans that can acknowledge that their team (like every team) isn't perfect and has areas they are great at and areas with more questions. 

It helps me learn more about a sport I love about other teams I don't see every single game of like the Raiders, and it gives me certain things to pay extra attention to come game time. Makes the game day thread even more fun looking forward to the game and makes it a tool to learn about other teams and our own instead of just two groups of full blown homers acting like it's impossible that their team could lose this game. 

A tip of the hat to you sir. I've given some footballs to your posts in this thread but I wanted to commend you on some great and insightful posts that have helped me learn more about another NFL franchise. Very good stuff. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

The 3rd rounders were last year muse and Bowden 

But we did use a 3rd on a RB. Bowden. Or a WR or a QB?!? Ohhhh.....With covid camp that's really a wise decision giving a young kid that much responsibility to completely learn a new position at the highest level...  LOL There were many decent RB's on the board that I recall but Gruden wanted weapon X but just likes throwing away 3rds. 

45 minutes ago, G said:

But we did use a 3rd on a RB. Bowden. Or a WR or a QB?!? Ohhhh.....With covid camp that's really a wise decision giving a young kid that much responsibility to completely learn a new position at the highest level...  LOL There were many decent RB's on the board that I recall but Gruden wanted weapon X but just likes throwing away 3rds. 

I could be wrong but I can’t see gruden scouting college players like that iirc mike brings the tape of guys he likes to gruden. Maybe cause Lynn was a qb gruden knew about him but I just can’t let mike off the hook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Peyton Barber being the primary back over Kenyan Drake would be a major disappointment

Drake has his role and his dedicated packages. Gruden might just stick to that and use Barber as the hammering ram.

Than again it could be just a HC sayin stuff to make the DC guessing more before the game.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I could be wrong but I can’t see gruden scouting college players like that iirc mike brings the tape of guys he likes to gruden. Maybe cause Lynn was a qb gruden knew about him but I just can’t let mike off the hook

IIRC we were targeting Antonio Gibson who was a WR that projected as a RB but he went a couple of picks before us.

16 hours ago, G said:

2018 we wasted a 3rd on Parker, Key, and Martavis Bryant

2019 we wasted a 3rd on Antonio Brown

2020 we wasted a 3rd on Muse and Bowden

If we would have just traded those picks and rolled them over for future picks we would have a lot of 1st rounders right now if you follow the general rule that a pick this year is worth a pick next year one round higher. 

• Like 2