EDGE rushers

lark25

I've really liked Thomas Booker for a minute, but now he's graduated from Stanford in 3.5 years with a 3.8x GPA in Econ. Hes not an edge edge, but more like a 5tech. I''m really excited for whatever team he ends up on. I don't expect him to dominate off the gun, but should continue the Stanford line of Henry Anderson into Solomon Thomas really well. Awesome person and I'll be rooting for him in the mid-rounds and hope he outperforms his draft position. One of the easier guys to root for.

15 hours ago, Trojan said:

I've really liked Thomas Booker for a minute, but now he's graduated from Stanford in 3.5 years with a 3.8x GPA in Econ. Hes not an edge edge, but more like a 5tech. I''m really excited for whatever team he ends up on. I don't expect him to dominate off the gun, but should continue the Stanford line of Henry Anderson into Solomon Thomas really well. Awesome person and I'll be rooting for him in the mid-rounds and hope he outperforms his draft position. One of the easier guys to root for.

How big do you think he is? I've seen his weight listed in the low 280s, as well as 300+.

45 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

How big do you think he is? I've seen his weight listed in the low 280s, as well as 300+.

Like mine would just be a guess, but I'd think upper 290s like 295-300 because targeting that range for the combine gives him the most flexibility to appeal to the most schemes and teams I would think. I don't think he's 280, he was like 240 in middle school supposedly, so if he's 280 now he's the very cut version of 280.

18 hours ago, Trojan said:

Thomas Schaffer was a UDFA and I believe the Bears had him but he did not even make the Practice squad, he was bigger and had more talented than Booker I feel and Jovan Swann a few years back actually transferred out of Stanford to Indiana and he also was more talented and he was not drafted either.

Stanford used to have some very good defensive players but those days a behind them, not too many standout on Stanford to me now and not sure Booker will even be drafted, could be lucky to be a UDFA honestly.  

Maybe he could sneak in if a team wants a 3/4 DE but not sure that happens, even a guy like Otomewo who played well this year he is most most likely not going to be drafted and even Alonso Logan, and Henningsen probably will not be drafted either as potential 3/4 DEs.

Tre Williams Arkansas RS
Zachary Carter Florida RS
Joshua Paschal Kentucky RS
Eyioma Uwazurike Iowa State RS
Scott Patchan Colorado State RS
Esezi Otomewo Minnesota RS
Glen Logan LSU
Big Kat Bryant UCF
Labryan Ray Alabama RS
Mandy Alonso Virginia RS
Matt Henningsen Wisconsin

So will see but Booker being drafted is a long shot I feel.  

Anyone got some verifiable numbers on Thib?  I want to know some #s. I dont think hes the same level freak as a Myles Garrett and doesn't look as big.

Is he definitely a better athlete objectively than Hutchinson?

Edited by lark25

On 12/21/2021 at 1:56 PM, armsteeld said:

Sam Williams 6'4 264supposedly runs 4.5 in the 40. Plays for Ole Miss with a career of 31.5 tackles for loss, 6 forced fumbles, and 22.5 sacks. He reminds me of Montez Sweat. How do you all feel about him?

I've only scratched the surface in scouting him. But I really like what I've seen so far. I think his draft position will come down to "character concerns". I still haven't seen anything concrete about what those supposedly are though.

My guess is late-1st to mid-3rd round pick. Again, it's tough to say with the "character concerns".

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I've only scratched the surface in scouting him. But I really like what I've seen so far. I think his draft position will come down to "character concerns". I still haven't seen anything concrete about what those supposedly are though.

My guess is late-1st to mid-3rd round pick. Again, it's tough to say with the "character concerns".

Probably has something to do with the sexual battery charges he had against him. They were eventually dropped. I haven't seen anything else concerning character.

RS JR Cameron Thomas on San Diego State declared for the 2022 draft, makes a super deep and talented DE even more so.  Not sure it was the best move for him, might fall to the late 2nd or 3rd even 4th round with how deep the class is.  Love his size and activity, could play in a 3/4 of a 4/3.

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

RS JR Cameron Thomas on San Diego State declared for the 2022 draft, makes a super deep and talented DE even more so.  Not sure it was the best move for him, might fall to the late 2nd or 3rd even 4th round with how deep the class is.  Love his size and activity, could play in a 3/4 of a 4/3.

@Ozzyalmost like the 2011 class. Strongest position group?

2 hours ago, lark25 said:

@Ozzyalmost like the 2011 class. Strongest position group?

That is a good comparison, that 2011 class was great especially if one looks back on it historically.  But that group did not have potential #1 and #2 at the DE spot which would be special.  It is a crazy deep class though especially if one includes all 4/3 DEs, 3/4 OLB types and 3/4 DEs, tons of talent and guys who had real breakout years in Ojabo, Hutchinson, Baldonado, Williams, Ebiketie, Johnson, Mafe, Cam Thomas, Enagbare, Clemons, Luketa etc.  A tons of sleeper guys in the later rounds who could become very good players.  

Granted not all have declared and I could see some might return to school like Wooden, Harrison, Baldonado etc.  And I think technically any of them could return to school if they wanted to even if they are a RS SR or true SR.  

Aidan Hutchinson Michigan
Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR
David Ojabo Michigan RS SOPH
DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M JR
Nik Bonitto Oklahoma RS JR
George Karlaftis Purdue JR
Habakkuk Baldonado Pitt RS JR
Myjai Sanders Cincinnati
Sam Williams Ole Miss
Colby Wooden Auburn RS SOPH
Arnold Ebiketie Penn State
Jermaine Johnson Florida State
Zach Harrison Ohio State JR
Boye Mafe Minnesota RS
Tyreke Smith Ohio State
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS
Cameron Thomas SDSU RS JR
Isaiah Thomas Oklahoma RS
Kingsley Enagbare South Carolina
Adam Anderson Georgia
Michael Clemons Texas A&M
Owen Carney Jr Illinois
Zach VanValkenburg Iowa RS
Brenton Cox Jr Florida RS JR
Jesse Luketa Penn State
Christopher Allen Alabama RS
Will McDonald IV Iowa State RS JR
Andre Anthony LSU RS
Tre Williams Arkansas RS
Ali Gaye LSU
DeAngelo Malone Western Kentucky RS
Drake Jackson USC JR
Mika Tafua Utah RS JR
James Houston Jackson State
Xavier Thomas Clemson
Tomon Fox UNC RS
Jeffrey Gunter Coastal Carolina
Jordan Wright Kentucky RS
TD Moultry Auburn RS
Big Kat Bryant UCF
Cameron Goode Cal RS
Darrian Beavers Cincinnati
Ryder Anderson Indiana RS
Jacob Panasiuk Michigan State RS
Justin Foster Clemson
Mandy Alonso Virginia RS

• Like 1

Think I may have been a prisoner of the moment on Hutch after watching more and more Thibodeaux the last couple weeks.

They both are deservedly top 2-3 in the class (with Neal either with them or not far behind as far as overall talents imo) but I think I may like Thibs a bit more as far as the NFL game goes.

3 hours ago, .Buzz said:

Think I may have been a prisoner of the moment on Hutch after watching more and more Thibodeaux the last couple weeks.

They both are deservedly top 2-3 in the class (with Neal either with them or not far behind as far as overall talents imo) but I think I may like Thibs a bit more as far as the NFL game goes.

Don't think you'd be making a bad call with either tbh 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

That is a good comparison, that 2011 class was great especially if one looks back on it historically.  But that group did not have potential #1 and #2 at the DE spot which would be special.  It is a crazy deep class though especially if one includes all 4/3 DEs, 3/4 OLB types and 3/4 DEs, tons of talent and guys who had real breakout years in Ojabo, Hutchinson, Baldonado, Williams, Ebiketie, Johnson, Mafe, Cam Thomas, Enagbare, Clemons, Luketa etc.  A tons of sleeper guys in the later rounds who could become very good players.  

Granted not all have declared and I could see some might return to school like Wooden, Harrison, Baldonado etc.  And I think technically any of them could return to school if they wanted to even if they are a RS SR or true SR.  

Aidan Hutchinson Michigan
Kayvon Thibodeau Oregon JR
David Ojabo Michigan RS SOPH
DeMarvin Leal Texas A&M JR
Nik Bonitto Oklahoma RS JR
George Karlaftis Purdue JR
Habakkuk Baldonado Pitt RS JR
Myjai Sanders Cincinnati
Sam Williams Ole Miss
Colby Wooden Auburn RS SOPH
Arnold Ebiketie Penn State
Jermaine Johnson Florida State
Zach Harrison Ohio State JR
Boye Mafe Minnesota RS
Tyreke Smith Ohio State
Tyree Johnson Texas A&M RS
Cameron Thomas SDSU RS JR
Isaiah Thomas Oklahoma RS
Kingsley Enagbare South Carolina
Adam Anderson Georgia
Michael Clemons Texas A&M
Owen Carney Jr Illinois
Zach VanValkenburg Iowa RS
Brenton Cox Jr Florida RS JR
Jesse Luketa Penn State
Christopher Allen Alabama RS
Will McDonald IV Iowa State RS JR
Andre Anthony LSU RS
Tre Williams Arkansas RS
Ali Gaye LSU
DeAngelo Malone Western Kentucky RS
Drake Jackson USC JR
Mika Tafua Utah RS JR
James Houston Jackson State
Xavier Thomas Clemson
Tomon Fox UNC RS
Jeffrey Gunter Coastal Carolina
Jordan Wright Kentucky RS
TD Moultry Auburn RS
Big Kat Bryant UCF
Cameron Goode Cal RS
Darrian Beavers Cincinnati
Ryder Anderson Indiana RS
Jacob Panasiuk Michigan State RS
Justin Foster Clemson
Mandy Alonso Virginia RS

That list so so deep it makes my head spin.