Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

25 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Carr has had 5 head coaches, just lost his head coach in the middle of the season with one of the biggest scandals in modern NFL history, and just lost his #1 WR to one of the biggest tragedies in NFL history. Not to mention we traded away Khalil Mack days before the season in 2018 then dealt with the AB fiasco and let him go days before the 2019 season. Plus the franchise relocated during his time with us and during his best season with the team he broke his leg during an MVP level season.

Not saying he definitely has had more BS than Carr, but certainly a comparable amount of head coaches and coordinator changes to start his career, Kaepernick drama to deal with, and legit almost losing his leg from a sack on the field and ultimately retiring from said injury. That's a lot to deal with.

Carr has dealt with everything like a G though. No complaints and a model citizen through it all.

Edited by Re-Drew-Vinated
  • Like 1

People think I‘m a Carr hater at times but I just bought a Nike Limited White Derek Carr Jersey to rotate with my Black Nike Vapor Elite Darren Waller for Jersey Sunday at work. 

I still expect a lot from the guy the rest of the season though, even with the tough schedule. If he wants that extension, he needs to have the best season he’s ever had by far, and make the playoffs as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

dErEk CaRr ShOuLd TaKe A tEaM dIsCoUnT 

If I was Carr, I'd say get me the hell out of this organization while I still have some good years left. I'm not discounting myself self for this sideshow. 

Carr hasn't performed like a $35M quarterback. 

On 11/8/2021 at 5:26 PM, Jerry said:

This franchise hasn't performed at all.  Other than the stadium it's been a dumpster fire for 20 years.

But it's games like the Giants/Bears games, for me at least, that give me reservations about extending Carr. The defense played excellent in both of those games and Carr completely folded. 

On 11/8/2021 at 4:23 PM, Humble_Beast said:

trying to cover up this circus and lack of talent... Edwards, Zay Jones striking fear into the opposition... Who needs Cooper or Ceedee when they have the before mentioned 

You're acting as though we just completely lack talent around Carr when the OL has been playing better and we still have a bunch of weapons in the passing game with Waller, Renfrow, and our RBs. There's no excuse for him crapping the bed in the Giants/Bears games when the defense did their part. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

But it's games like the Giants/Bears games, for me at least, that give me reservations about extending Carr. The defense played excellent in both of those games and Carr completely folded. 

Those 2 game came on the heals of 2 major shake ups in the organization. Winning in the NFL is hard. Winning when things are in disarray are even harder. I can give Carr a pass on those 2 games, but he needs to make up for it by finishing strong. 

I look for him to light KC up this week.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Those 2 game came on the heals of 2 major shake ups in the organization. Winning in the NFL is hard. Winning when things are in disarray are even harder. I can give Carr a pass on those 2 games, but he needs to make up for it by finishing strong. 

I look for him to light KC up this week.

If Carr finishes strong and we make the playoffs, I have no problem with us extending him. If he doesn't then I'd prefer to give him one more year and see how he plays in a contract year then go from there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...