Derek Carr #4 Appreciation Thread

Humble_Beast

On 11/1/2021 at 2:42 PM, NYRaider said:

The thing that has stood out the most to me about Carr this year is that he seems to be in total control of the offense. He has made very few mistakes and seems to know where he wants to go with the ball almost every play pre-snap.

3 weeks later, calling for Mariota to be in. 

As a big carr supporter I will just say, I had a feeling Carr would have a big game today. He was on the hot seat, and feeling pressure. 
I want to see what he does the next few weeks. 
if he goes back to his 2 yard passes on 3rd and 8 see ya. 
he stayed in pocket and threw to receivers today. Keep it going

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

They had zip, just a little off target.  That's why Moreau couldn't catch anything all game lol.

18 minutes ago, Jerry said:

They had zip, just a little off target.  That's why Moreau couldn't catch anything all game lol.

Nah, there was a considerable difference in the throws between Carr and Prescott. Prescott got the ball to his recievers faster, compared to  Carr. At least from what I saw watching the game. 

1 hour ago, OldManWillis said:

Nah, there was a considerable difference in the throws between Carr and Prescott. Prescott got the ball to his recievers faster, compared to  Carr. At least from what I saw watching the game. 

I've seen Carr thread the needle, I'm really not worried about the zip behind his passes.  I'm more concerned with the accuracy.  He needs to get better timing with Moreau moving forward.

• Like 1

Carr is like my Bm2 I hate her guts cause she acts like a b for weeks and I’m just about to say ✌🏾 then she comes over and makes me thanksgiving dinner and I smash and I’m like well I guess you’re not all that bad. 

Make up to break up. Classic love hate relationship. I hate carr and ready to ditch him but every once in a while he does something good to keep me around. 

25 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Carr moved the team to inside the twenty then bogged down. Seems like it happens every game. What's going on?

My take? 

We are too reliant on the deep passing game, and it shows in the RZ. Opposing D's simply do not respect our run game and our pass catchers aren't good enough to get separation in tight spaces. We were told the loss of Ruggs' deep threat hurt, and it's the same whether there's 80 or 20 yards to go. We're way too one dimensional in that regard and lack a big bodied, consistent RZ threat outside of Waller who D's double cover constantly. 

20 - 20, we move the ball well because we have someone stretching out the D and opening up underneath routes. Once that is taken away (be it missing a player or not having much field to stretch), we lose a lot of our effectiveness. It was a criticism I had of Ruggs early on (moreso the scheme than just the player, even). He was our deep threat, right? Well, that's great for the 3 or 4 deep plays we actually dial up. The problem is, our other WRs also profile as deep threats, not crisp route guys (Renfrow being the lone exception). Jones isn't a great route guy, he relies on speed and getting open deep. Same now with DJax. Edwards is boom or bust, and most of his effectiveness has come deep rather than short or intermediate. What good is a deep threat when you can't go deep anymore and have nobody to do the route running and getting open that's required in the RZ?

Put simply, we have an offense that is almost fully reliant on 30+ yard TD bombs or we're kicking a FG. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Carr is like my Bm2 I hate her guts cause she acts like a b for weeks and I’m just about to say ✌🏾 then she comes over and makes me thanksgiving dinner and I smash and I’m like well I guess you’re not all that bad. 

Make up to break up. Classic love hate relationship. I hate carr and ready to ditch him but every once in a while he does something good to keep me around. 

Lmaooo

49 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

My take? 

We are too reliant on the deep passing game, and it shows in the RZ. Opposing D's simply do not respect our run game and our pass catchers aren't good enough to get separation in tight spaces. We were told the loss of Ruggs' deep threat hurt, and it's the same whether there's 80 or 20 yards to go. We're way too one dimensional in that regard and lack a big bodied, consistent RZ threat outside of Waller who D's double cover constantly. 

20 - 20, we move the ball well because we have someone stretching out the D and opening up underneath routes. Once that is taken away (be it missing a player or not having much field to stretch), we lose a lot of our effectiveness. It was a criticism I had of Ruggs early on (moreso the scheme than just the player, even). He was our deep threat, right? Well, that's great for the 3 or 4 deep plays we actually dial up. The problem is, our other WRs also profile as deep threats, not crisp route guys (Renfrow being the lone exception). Jones isn't a great route guy, he relies on speed and getting open deep. Same now with DJax. Edwards is boom or bust, and most of his effectiveness has come deep rather than short or intermediate. What good is a deep threat when you can't go deep anymore and have nobody to do the route running and getting open that's required in the RZ?

Put simply, we have an offense that is almost fully reliant on 30+ yard TD bombs or we're kicking a FG. 

Jones is really a YAC WR. I've realized that now. He looked good on the catch and run plays.

Edwards Zay and Djax can't separate in intermediate areas of the field. Foster, Waller, and Renfrow can.