RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The stinky water creatures
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

41 minutes ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Totally jealous. Was over there in 2011 (4 days in Edinburgh), would go back tomorrow if I could.

Incidentally, I was wearing my Raiders hoodie when we flew into Heathrow. First thing anyone said to me in London was “Hell yeah, go Raiders.”

I was up in Aberdeen and Inverness. 

But yeah, same all around. Hoping to get moved back over eventually. And yep, I had the same flying into Heathrow and again in Edinburgh.

41 minutes ago, HvacRaider said:

Got tickets to the game from my boss !!!

My bosses here that are hometowners are still pissed off at me for the home opener last year. 

They even tried sending me stuff to do before the Ravens game since we can "technically" work til 10. Now we have a shut down looming, and they're all sad they gave their tickets away beforehand 😄. Week 4 is the Saints true home opener. Karma for a crappy bunch. 

8 hours ago, IdigtheRaiders! said:

Totally jealous. Was over there in 2011 (4 days in Edinburgh), would go back tomorrow if I could.

Incidentally, I was wearing my Raiders hoodie when we flew into Heathrow. First thing anyone said to me in London was “Hell yeah, go Raiders.”

7 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I was up in Aberdeen and Inverness. 

But yeah, same all around. Hoping to get moved back over eventually. And yep, I had the same flying into Heathrow and again in Edinburgh.

Next time you visit check out Scotland’s biggest and best city, Glasgow. And of course I’m biased with it being my home town, but on a serious note there are plenty of Raiders fans about. I’ve watched a few games in the bars on a Sunday and you’ll always hear some cheering when we score.

• Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 3:33 PM, big_palooka said:

It's feeling a bit frothy. National media attention. Carr getting built up. Fans getting cocky. We've hit the trifecta.

Cross country road trip win in an early slot game and winning our home opener on MNF against a contender. Wait why does this sound so familiar? Oh it's because we did it last year as well with our wins over the Panthers and Saints. Then we played against a pretty average Patriots team, came in flat and got our arses whooped. 

If we play well this week and beat the breaks off Miami it will be more impressive to me then our first two wins. Over the last couple of years we've been able to play well in big games but we always seem to ish the bed against bad/average teams.

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

Next time you visit check out Scotland’s biggest and best city, Glasgow. And of course I’m biased with it being my home town, but on a serious note there are plenty of Raiders fans about. I’ve watched a few games in the bars on a Sunday and you’ll always hear some cheering when we score.

I love Glasgow! One of my good friends is from Helensburgh, and we'd head over to Glasgow every so often.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

You told me Carr was trash. 

Watson sure putting up MVP stats right now too. Glad we traded 4 firsts and 3 seconds for him..

Pot meet kettle.

I've never said Carr was trash, lol. But it's been 2 games, he was great through the first 2 games last season as well. 15 more to go.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Cross country road trip win in an early slot game and winning our home opener on MNF against a contender. Wait why does this sound so familiar? Oh it's because we did it last year as well with our wins over the Panthers and Saints. Then we played against a pretty average Patriots team, came in flat and got our arses whooped. 

If we play well this week and beat the breaks off Miami it will be more impressive to me then our first two wins. Over the last couple of years we've been able to play well in big games but we always seem to ish the bed against bad/average teams.

Actually yeah I agree wholeheartedly with this. Tell me their biggest problem as being that they can beat anyone and lose to anyone. If they can’t win this game it shows that we could never believe in them. 

winning this game would prove that they’ve been in their own worst enemy which is hype.

Do I think they’re in a better position this year than last year or the year before to do that ? yes because they have the right veterans on this team as opposed to last year where they have fake alphas like Malik Collins and Abram. 

I also think you’re the type of team that can be anyone and lose to anyone when you have a really good office but you have a really bad defense because anyone can score on you right now our defense is playing much better than I’ve ever seen them Play since 2010. 

this week will be very telling