RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The stinky water creatures
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

6 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I understand where you're all coming from. My point is, if the team is going to get hot, I'd prefer they get hot on the back stretch of the season. 

We've saw this team go 6-2 and crumble with issues like lack of depth and injuries late in the season against a soft schedule. 

100%
seasom isn’t over if we lose Sunday, it’ll just be very deflating to us fans who constantly see us play down to the competition.

homer alert, I think we come out aggressive and play well. 

27 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

100%
seasom isn’t over if we lose Sunday, it’ll just be very deflating to us fans who constantly see us play down to the competition.

homer alert, I think we come out aggressive and play well. 

100%. I fully expect them to come out and handle their business. 

If they come out flat and lifeless and take an ugly loss it will be a bad omen. More of the same.

• Like 2

first game of the "we should win this one" variety this year. on paper, we should be able to take care of business. Gruden/Carr have shown they can scheme to move the ball against just about any defense in recent years, whether it was the Bears game a couple years back, the Dolphins last year, Steelers this year (were moving the ball even before Watt left the game, just were settling for FGs).

and on the other side, our defense has been solid. not elite, but just a solid group that doesnt commit major blunders. dolphins offense has been anemic. their OL has been disastrous, and our pass rush has feasted so far against average to below average lines. on top of it, while i dont think Brissett is any worse than Tua overall, he definitely holds the ball a lot longer, and he doesn't even have Ben's escapability.

however, the last 2 years when the raiders start getting media hype after stringing wins, we have had massive letdown games against opponents we should have beaten. 

big questions are just to track our injured players. will richie start getting some limited work in? does Kwit clear the concussion protocol? how is Jacobs doing?

Edited by Turnobili

1 minute ago, Turnobili said:

first game of the "we should win this one" variety this year. on paper, we should be able to take care of business. Gruden/Carr have shown they can scheme to move the ball against just about any defense in recent years, whether it was the Bears game a couple years back, the Dolphins last year, Steelers this year (were moving the ball even before Watt left the game, just were settling for FGs).

and on the other side, our defense has been solid. not elite, but just a solid group that doesnt commit major blunders. dolphins offense has been anemic. their OL has been disastrous, and our pass rush has feasted so far against average to below average lines. on top of it, while i dont think Brissett is any worse than Tua overall, he definitely holds the ball a lot longer, and he doesn't even have Ben's escapability.

however, the last 2 years when the raiders start getting media hype after stringing wins, we have had massive letdown games against opponents we should have beaten. 

Optimistically.... this team feels like it has something. Things feel deliberate. A group that wants to win and is playing for each other with good leadership top to bottom. 

Feels more 2016 Raiders that got a huge week 1 win and propelled them onto the playoffs than the 2017 Raiders who started hot and got their faces kicked in against Washington. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Optimistically.... this team feels like it has something. Things feel deliberate. A group that wants to win and is playing for each other with good leadership top to bottom. 

Feels more 2016 Raiders that got a huge week 1 win and propelled them onto the playoffs than the 2017 Raiders who started hot and got their faces kicked in against Washington. 

hard to know, really. that 2017 team looked very good early. the win against tennessee was emphatic, showcasing the new acquisition in lynch, and week 2 was a blowout where they absolutely handled the jets.

we didnt know how that season would go under after the washington beatdown. 

but i'm hoping for the best. even though our defensive acquisitions looked good on paper, i'm always skeptical of paper tigers. with so many moving parts and new faces, cohesion isn't always the result. so far through 2 weeks it has been.

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Optimistically.... this team feels like it has something. Things feel deliberate. A group that wants to win and is playing for each other with good leadership top to bottom

I've been very critical of Gruden over the last season or so but it's true, something feels like it's starting. The team is flying around on D, playing smart and not making the usual schoolboy errors. Guys like Abram are not playing like loose cannons, they seem to be all pulling together and they seem to be buying in to what the coaches are selling.

Confidence and momentum are absolutely massive in sport and if we can just keep that building and get on a roll some of the younger players and players who've lost a lot over the years will start believing. Carr us a player who once confident can really rip teams but sometimes goes into his shell. When the Raiders are winning it just feels like the world is a better place 😀

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I've been very critical of Gruden over the last season or so but it's true, something feels like it's starting. The team is flying around on D, playing smart and not making the usual schoolboy errors. Guys like Abram are not playing like loose cannons, they seem to be all pulling together and they seem to be buying in to what the coaches are selling.

Confidence and momentum are absolutely massive in sport and if we can just keep that building and get on a roll some of the younger players and players who've lost a lot over the years will start believing. Carr us a player who once confident can really rip teams but sometimes goes into his shell. When the Raiders are winning it just feels like the world is a better place 😀

You can't stress enough the impact this coaching staff has on the defense. How many times over the years have we seen a team with 3rd and 8 and the CBs are 12 yd off the ball. Giving up an easy 1st. You don't see stuff like that this season.

• Like 3

Dolphins OL is dogsh*t...

Brissett has a 2.9 second release.. 5th worse in the NFL since 2017... Dude is ***.. complete dogsh*t .. 11-19 his record as starter, 59% completion %. And yards per completion the last 5 years.. Dolphins OL might be the worst in the NFL... it’s why the Bills defense put the stink on them...Maxx and Yannick are gonna eat that Sh*t up... wait for it.......

Raiders -34

Dolhins-13

• Like 1

I’d rather play against Tua. Who seems to potentially have permanent damage from the hip injury sustained in college. His passes don’t seem to have the same zip on it and even his athleticism and confidence has taken a drop as well

That said, we are in a different position Sunday as a home favorite in a game we are expected to win. This is a turning point as a team to go in and win vs a team were expected to. 

The Dolphins concern me because they do have talent and haven’t came close to playing their best game. Off of a blowout, expect them to be eager to erase that . 

Still we should win

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I understand where you're all coming from. My point is, if the team is going to get hot, I'd prefer they get hot on the back stretch of the season. 

We've saw this team go 6-2 and crumble with issues like lack of depth and injuries late in the season against a soft schedule. 

Other than OL, we’re a much deeper team than last year IMO 

• Like 2

If we can affect the passer with a 4 man rush, the dolphins talent at receiver won’t matter. Just because their corners are good, doesn’t mean we can’t move the ball in the pass game. Waller is still a clear mismatch and if they put dudes on Ruggs/edwards, renfrow and drake will eat. Plus Moreau is a mismatch and is very talented even though some people want me to pump the brakes on him.