RaidersAreOne

Who takes home the W?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who takes home the W?

• Raaaaaaaaaaaaaidddddduhhhhhsssss
    • The stinky water creatures
    • I just hope everyone enjoys themselves

5 hours ago, Totty said:

I always kind of likened it to the bigger more active cities probably have less going on in their forums due to things to do in the town.  Oakland forum was always busy, even in the dead times of year, probably because there isn't much going on around.  Miami has beaches, events, etc. so people were likely getting on their phone or computer less.  NY J/G always dead.  Its NYC for crying out loud.  

Raiders fans are just passionate year around. 

Most folks just aren't as passionate. There's not jack to do in Indianapolis or Detroit, and their forums are dead too. 

I can think of an honest 5 or 6 people I know who are die hard Colts or Lions fans, and I've been in areas one would assume to find more. 

Raiders? National brand. You'll find us anywhere. Hell, when I lived in Scotland, there was a local Raiders social club. The only other team stuff I saw over there was a smattering of Jaguars stuff and the arbitrary Cowboys star. Otherwise, the only time I saw anyone else represented was when another American happened through, usually working offshore or in the harbor.

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2021 at 11:45 AM, dante9876 said:

I fully expect us to keep this game close with silly mistakes and a slow start. Than pull away, with dolphins getting a late td to make it seem closer than it might have been. 

Actually I don't see the slow start.  It happened in week one against the Ravens which I blame on Gruden as Carr and the first team, except Leatherwood, didn't get any reps during preseason.  Carr was rusty.  An actual game is different than practice.

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

Raiders fans are just passionate year around. 

Most folks just aren't as passionate. There's not jack to do in Indianapolis or Detroit, and their forums are dead too. 

I can think of an honest 5 or 6 people I know who are die hard Colts or Lions fans, and I've been in areas one would assume to find more. 

Raiders? National brand. You'll find us anywhere. Hell, when I lived in Scotland, there was a local Raiders social club. The only other team stuff I saw over there was a smattering of Jaguars stuff and the arbitrary Cowboys star. Otherwise, the only time I saw anyone else represented was when another American happened through, usually working offshore or in the harbor.

Totally jealous. Was over there in 2011 (4 days in Edinburgh), would go back tomorrow if I could.

Incidentally, I was wearing my Raiders hoodie when we flew into Heathrow. First thing anyone said to me in London was “Hell yeah, go Raiders.”

• Like 1