The Joe Woods Thread

LETSGOBROWNIES

Odd game to evaluate Woods.

Rookie Qb making his first start, on the road. You’d better do well there.

Opposing coach let’s a 78 year old Jason Peters attempt to block Myles without help all game. Like… wtf?  Don’t get used to that.

All that said, our defense did exactly what it should have done.

I guess I look at this as the opposite of week 1.  Week 1 the opposing offense was so good it’s easy to give him a pass. This week? Hard to give him too much credit considering the circumstances.  It was just a situation he had little to gain and everything to lose.

The defense definitely looked good, but I need to see more of it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Opposing coach let’s a 78 year old Jason Peters attempt to block Myles without help all game. Like… wtf?  Don’t get used to that.

I guess I look at this as the opposite of week 1.  Week 1 the opposing offense was so good it’s easy to give him a pass. This week? Hard to give him too much credit considering the circumstances.  It was just a situation he had little to gain and everything to lose.

I just want this defense to get confidence and play fast.  Sometimes a game like this helps do that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For sure.

Of course playing fast guys like JOK helps.  Dude needs to be playing most snaps, he’s a stud.

Our second best defensive player today, IMO. And that's impressive considering how well our defense played. Was doing well vs. both the run and the pass. Really excited about his potential.

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

9 sacks is a combination of 2 things = Your opponent sucks + your d-line played extremely well.

We’ve seen teams with bad o-lines do okay vs us in the past.

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Woods or no woods, the performance of our DL did what it was constructed to do. It was great to see Garrett Clowney and Takk makes plays and cause chaos all game long.

will credit Woods tho, it did seem like he called a lot of plays that set up a lot of one on ones. There is a video of a bears sports crew from a Chicago news station breaking down some stuff that happen in the game and even they said there was time’s that the alignment cause a lot of manipulation of the pass blocking scheme. 

For some Comparison, bears held the Rams to 3 sacks ( Donald to 1) and 4 QB hits in week1. Held Cincy to 3 sacks (1.5 to Henderson) and 6 QBs vs cincy. Browns has 9 sacks and Garrett and Clowney alone has 11 QB hits, 15 totals as a team. 

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

9 sacks is a combination of 2 things = Your opponent sucks + your d-line played extremely well.

We’ve seen teams with bad o-lines do okay vs us in the past.

Oh for sure.  I’m not saying Woods didn’t do his job, he did, but don’t expect other teams to let a washed OT try to block Myles 1:1 all game.

Nagy isn’t gonna make it through the season at this point tbh.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Woods or no woods, the performance of our DL did what it was constructed to do. It was great to see Garrett Clowney and Takk makes plays and cause chaos all game long.

will credit Woods tho, it did seem like he called a lot of plays that set up a lot of one on ones. There is a video of a bears sports crew from a Chicago news station breaking down some stuff that happen in the game and even they said there was time’s that the alignment cause a lot of manipulation of the pass blocking scheme. 

For some Comparison, bears held the Rams to 3 sacks ( Donald to 1) and 4 QB hits in week1. Held Cincy to 3 sacks (1.5 to Henderson) and 6 QBs vs cincy. Browns has 9 sacks and Garrett and Clowney alone has 11 QB hits, 15 totals as a team. 

Yeah the DL stepped up no doubt.

It was a lot of fun to watch.

That game defensively was a sight for sore eyes. Beautiful. JOK needs to be out there a lot. Myles called everyone out and they responded in a big way.

Let's hope it wasn't a flash in a pan game and it carries over to Minnesota because that Vikings offense is no joke.

• Like 2