Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

6 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’ll tell you what’s bumming me out more than anything is Devonta. Or rather, Devonta’s production. He was about the only Eagle I had high expectations for.

He will be fine, hopefully Nick realizes that Jalen Hurts isn't Andrew Luck sooner rather than later. Matt Stafford had 9 passes 15+ yards down field against the Bucs, Hurts had 9 passes 15+ yards down field tonight. 

Through 3 games, Devonta Smith average depth of target has been 12.6 yards down the field. That's the 12th highest of any WR in the NFL with 20+ targets, for comparison Tyreek Hill has a 12.8 ADOT this year playing with Mahomes. 

Raiders fans had similar concerns about Henry Ruggs after so-so production during his rookie season. But we basically deployed him as a decoy to keep defenses honest. You guys need to do a better job of getting him the ball quick and in space rather than asking him to consistently beat CB's deep. 

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

At the end of the day you just can’t judge a staff after 3 games. We don’t know what we have. Could certainly say it’s been a disappointing start, blame coaching for the penalties, etc., but again, 3 games, not to mention with a bottom tier roster. I was expecting a rough year, and all I really cared about was seeing the development of young talent. So far it’s been a mixed bag.

Tonight was Jalen Hurts 7th NFL start, he's essentially a rookie playing in a new scheme with a very young group of WRs. 48/53 of the Eagles offensive snaps were Jalen Hurts pass attempts/rushing attempts, that's 90%. I like Hurts but that's a lot to ask of any QB, let alone a second year QB especially considering the circumstances. 

• Like 2