Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

4 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

My biggest OL concern was there were a few plays that landon dickerson didn't look good at all.

He very much was not ready to start playing yet. Hope he’s getting something out of this. Hopefully Brooks doesn’t take too long to come back. Landon could probably use a step back. Health wise and to recalibrate a bit. Hard to do when you’re just in it.

The coaching staff is a major concern right now - the offense and defense both look lost, the amount of penalties on both sides of the ball is unacceptable, the offensive game plan was questionable at best (Sanders with only 2 carries?!), the defensive scheme doesn't seem to cater towards the players on the roster (like JG said it would) and the defense never adjusted to anything throughout the game. 

The staff talked the good talk leading up to the game and leading up to the season but they've fallen pretty flat up to this point. Maybe Sirianni should focus on getting the guys ready to play instead of what shirt he is wearing. 

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

He very much was not ready to start playing yet. Hope he’s getting something out of this. Hopefully Brooks doesn’t take too long to come back. Landon could probably use a step back. Health wise and to recalibrate a bit. Hard to do when you’re just in it.

Brooks is going to miss at least 8 weeks from everything I've read. 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I posted in the wrong thread, but I am leaving it and asking the question twice. 

Should you guys have gone Kellen this summer? 

Assuming you mean HC - absolutely not. 

There were better options then Sirianni out there but I don't think Moore was one of them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scalamania said:

Assuming you mean HC - absolutely not. 

There were better options then Sirianni out there but I don't think Moore was one of them. 

I am 99% Kellen is the next McVay/Shanny. The #1 fear amongst Cowboys fan is Dak getting hurt again, but a very close #2 is Kellen Moore leaving us. 

Who do you think would have been better than him?

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

I am 99% Kellen is the next McVay/Shanny. The #1 fear amongst Cowboys fan is Dak getting hurt again, but a very close #2 is Kellen Moore leaving us. 

I'd say Joe Brady is probably closer to the next McVay/Shanny then Moore but who knows. 

I think we all, or the majority of us, like Arthur Smith, Brandon Staley, Brian Daboll and possibly Josh McDaniels more. 

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Forgot to ask and I wasn't on here, but did @Matts4313 defend McCarthy's clock blunder for a 2nd straight week?

People really do read what they wanna. 

Last week I said I understood the choice, not that I would have done the same. The closest thing to agreeing was me saying "And it worked, so they were right" - though I did mock the NFL Gen group in jest. 

This week I said I dont understand it whatsoever. It was weird and cowardly. 

Edited by Matts4313

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

People really do read what they wanna. 

Last week I said I understood the choice, not that I would have done the same. The closest thing to agreeing was me saying "And it worked, so they were right" - though I did mock the NFL Gen group in jest. 

This week I said I dont understand it whatsoever. It was weird and cowardly. 

I have no idea what you wrote this week, so I had to ask.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I think Moore clearly has a good offensive mind, puts together game plans well and has helped get the most out of guys.

His demeanor though, I’m not so sure he’ll be a great head coach. Maybe there is more juice than what he’s shown, I haven’t watched that much behind the scenes. Just going off of the many shots of him a game and interviews. Maybe he’s a really good player reader and pusher.

His best shot at a head gig will be when Jerry “Garrett’s” McCarthy and he stays in Dallas…which seems obvious will be what happens.