Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

7 games into a career is fair? I mean, I get it. I’m not in love with that I’m seeing but we do realize how unfair that is, right? I’m seeing a very trepidatious QB. For whatever reason. He’s not turning it lose. By design? By physical limitations? Mental? I don’t know. But I’d like to see if he and staff can figure it out before writing him off after 7 games. And even less for Nick. 

His arm strength will always be an issue, even if the accuracy improves. Too much time for DB's to locate/drive on the ball.

Just now, Jeezla said:

His arm strength will always be an issue, even if the accuracy improves. Too much time for DB's to locate/drive on the ball.

Which is ultimately where I get the Tyrod Taylor vibes from. Generally a smart QB, good mobility, lacks physical tools and processing speed.

Just now, Jeezla said:

I'm giving Nick at least 2 years. Gannon on the other hand...

Schematically and how engaged the players are, Gannon actually seems to be doing something. Offense has been flat with like zero rhythm for two weeks. 

The roster sucks on defense, way they hide that is making people have to grind out their drives, no big plays on DBs who can get beat very easily. Most teams can’t/won’t run as much as the Niners and Cowboys. Their both built to chip.

Like it’s stupid but I at least see the idea that’s pushing it. Why he didn’t at least attempt to Mix it up….I don’t know.

But I guess it’s like what can they even do with this roster?

3 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Fair. I’d like to see him get the chance to understand the game a little better mentally. Learn when to use his legs and what not. That’ll take time. Just like it took every other QB time. 

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

Which is why the more I look at it, 

F it, full on BPA, even if it means taking another WR.  Just get the best young talent we can and worry about the rest later.

Yep, need actual star players that will make plays every week. Have for years.

25 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

he should have punched them in the face then ran into the locker and cursed his enemies instead of being a good sport and ambassador for people are mentally disabled

Alex Singleton might not be great at football, but don't ever question the man he is.

What does mentally disabled have anything to do with football

6 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Schematically and how engaged the players are, Gannon actually seems to be doing something. Offense has been flat with like zero rhythm for two weeks. 

The roster sucks on defense, way they hide that is making people have to grind out their drives, no big plays on DBs who can get beat very easily. Most teams can’t/won’t run as much as the Niners and Cowboys. Their both built to chip.

Like it’s stupid but I at least see the idea that’s pushing it. Why he didn’t at least attempt to Mix it up….I don’t know.

But I guess it’s like what can they even do with this roster?

I like Gannon FAR more than Sirianni thus far. At least Gannon has had a scheme & identity on defense. I just am not sure our defense is capable of executing that scheme at a high level (nor any scheme as a matter of fact). You play one high with these corners & it's barbecue chicken time for the DAL WR's. I thought he schemed a nice blitz on the Prescott sack & they also scored a defensive TD. Sirianni, on the other hand, I have zero idea what he is trying to accomplish. They literally didn't run a single play with motion tonight. THATS INSANE in todays NFL, especially with a young QB like Hurts. We need to do everything we can to make things easier for him presnap. Sirianni's play action design isn't that good either (tough to be good when you run every play action out of shotgun). Play action is far more effective under center since the defense cannot see the ball as well.

Edited by Wentz you dog you

Just now, TonOfDepth said:

What does mentally disabled have anything to do with football

Nothing, just saying Alex Singleton is a great human being, and shaking hands like a professional after he got beat down isn't something that should be criticized.

• Like 1

I’ll tell you what’s bumming me out more than anything is Devonta. Or rather, Devonta’s production. He was about the only Eagle I had high expectations for.

Sure, hard to produce when the whole offense is a mess like it’s been the past few weeks, poor QB play, poor coaching, poor pass protection, but still I thought it wouldn’t matter and he’d show us flashes each week. Now I’m not breaking down the film, for all we know he is getting wide open, which is why I’ll say his production is disappointing me more than anything.

We’ve just been through the ringer as a fanbase w/ highly drafted WRs, so I was really hoping Smith would come in and prove himself instantly, squash all doubts, and have a season that gets him some OROY chatter. Oh well. That was probably asking for a lot w/ this inexperienced coach and QB.

11 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I’ll tell you what’s bumming me out more than anything is Devonta. Or rather, Devonta’s production. He was about the only Eagle I had high expectations for.

Sure, hard to produce when the whole offense is a mess like it’s been the past few weeks, poor QB play, poor coaching, poor pass protection, but still I thought it wouldn’t matter and he’d show us flashes each week. Now I’m not breaking down the film, for all we know he is getting wide open, which is why I’ll say his production is disappointing me more than anything.

We’ve just been through the ringer as a fanbase w/ highly drafted WRs, so I was really hoping Smith would come in and prove himself instantly, squash all doubts, and have a season that gets him some OROY chatter. Oh well. That was probably asking for a lot w/ this inexperienced coach and QB.

He's doing better than AJ Brown and Allen Robinson

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Devonta is the kind of receiver a good QB would utilize perfectly. He gets open just needs better throws.

15 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

On the tape breakdown of the 49ers DeVonta was open a ton and we didn’t get him the ball, was thrown late or under thrown. 

What I’m more afraid of is that he may be wasted until we have a QB that can throw with anticipation and with enough arm strength. 

You know how they say that history repeats itself .....

This reminds me of the 1991, week three Monday night game between the Eagles and the Cowboys.
The Eagles won handily, 24-0.
At one point, Keith Byars took a six yard pass from Jim McMahon into the endzone and Dan "Slimfast" Dierdorf exclaimed, "He would have scored in touch football."
It was a laugher.

However, by season's end, the Cowboys had surpassed the Eagles in ability and the standings.
The week 16 loss to the Cowboys cost the Eagles a playoff berth, despite going 10-6.
The Cowboys didn't even win the division, but did win a playoff game.
It was the beginning of an upstart Jimmy Johnson era as they did win a playoff game.

Could the same be happening here.  Three first round picks ???

• Like 2