Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

38 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think Moore clearly has a good offensive mind, puts together game plans well and has helped get the most out of guys.

His demeanor though, I’m not so sure he’ll be a great head coach. Maybe there is more juice than what he’s shown, I haven’t watched that much behind the scenes. Just going off of the many shots of him a game and interviews. Maybe he’s a really good player reader and pusher.

His best shot at a head gig will be when Jerry “Garrett’s” McCarthy and he stays in Dallas…which seems obvious will be what happens.

You shut your whore mouth

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

It seemed obvious with Sean Payton as well before he was poached 1 year early. 

If you guys are uncontested for the division and win at least a playoff game, could very reasonably happen this year. Not sure if Jerry would do the smart thing and ditch McCarthy then, but he’s shown a willingness to do it more than most.

Saving grace for you is there probably won’t be a ton of openings. Right now it looks like Chicago, NY Giants, and Minnesota are the probables. Culley seems to have gotten something out of the Texans, but they could fire him to bring in a new era with the next QB. Maybe the Jags next? Urban quitting is only a matter of time. But those top 3 are highly likely to look at Joe Brady and Kellen for their head opening. 

If there are surprise retirements out of Reid, Belichick or Arians…they all have their replacement on the staff already. Hot seat guys like Zac Taylor seemed to have saved themselves, and they’d go all in on Brady to reunite him with his college players anyway.

• Like 1

PFF did a 180 on Hurts. Even when fans thought he played well last year they were grading him poor, now this year it seems he can do no wrong. Got a fairly neutral grade this week, which is insane to me. He flat out missed 4 or 5 “gimme” throws, directly caused 2 penalties by extending gadget plays where OL were already on the move, pocket navigation was poor (in his defense, when there’s only a pocket 50% of the time I see why a young QB w/ legs would be skittish), did nothing as a scrambler. Seems they had 7 guys near the LOS at all times to close in fast on his scrambles and WRs just were not getting open downfield, or Hurts didn’t see them.

Gets a solid D from me, only reason it’s not an F is the fact that we ran the ball 3 times.

4 if our 6 highest graded O players were on the line. So PFF doesn’t think Hurts was that bad (66.1), nor our OL… I guess that implies skill guys and/or bad coaching? Just like last week. 

OL:

Dillard- 77.4

Seaumalo- 68.2

Kelce- 77.6

Dickerson- 54.0

Lane- 63.8

WR/TEs:

Quez- 72.5

Goedert- 63.4

Reagor- 62.8

Devonta- 55.5

Ertz- 52.5

To be clear, I really don’t put that much stock into these grades, but it’s a pair of objective eyes w/ a consistent system (allegedly) so I always find it interesting to analyze as a whole and try to discern what they imply the issue is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

PFF did a 180 on Hurts. Even when fans thought he played well last year they were grading him poor, now this year it seems he can do no wrong. Got a fairly neutral grade this week, which is insane to me. He flat out missed 4 or 5 “gimme” throws, directly caused 2 penalties by extending gadget plays where OL were already on the move, pocket navigation was poor (in his defense, when there’s only a pocket 50% of the time I see why a young QB w/ legs would be skittish), did nothing as a scrambler. Seems they had 7 guys near the LOS at all times to close in fast on his scrambles and WRs just were not getting open downfield, or Hurts didn’t see them.

Gets a solid D from me, only reason it’s not an F is the fact that we ran the ball 3 times.

4 if our 6 highest graded O players were on the line. So PFF doesn’t think Hurts was that bad (66.1), nor our OL… I guess that implies skill guys and/or bad coaching? Just like last week. 

OL:

Dillard- 77.4

Seaumalo- 68.2

Kelce- 77.6

Dickerson- 54.0

Lane- 63.8

WR/TEs:

Quez- 72.5

Goedert- 63.4

Reagor- 62.8

Devonta- 55.5

Ertz- 52.5

To be clear, I really don’t put that much stock into these grades, but it’s a pair of objective eyes w/ a consistent system (allegedly) so I always find it interesting to analyze as a whole and try to discern what they imply the issue is. 

Hurts not getting a terrible grade for last night shows a lot about how bad pff rankings are. 

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan

21 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Hurts not getting a terrible grade for last night shows a lot about how bad off rankings are. 

Please bench Landon, I don’t want to cause too much stress on his knee as he is already limping. 9 pressures in 72 pass attempts. He’s not ready. He’s 300+ pounds and is 6’5, Mcleod half the size with the same injury isn’t  even back yet. They tore it at the same time. IR him until week 8

24 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Hurts not getting a terrible grade for last night shows a lot about how bad off rankings are. 

If you watched the Manning brothers last night, they were able to tell you a lot about how bad each throw was. It seemed like every single throw he made was either behind, late, not right read.

There’s no one in the draft that I would replace hurts with, (as I wouldn’t risk our assets for them). The only way to improve quick is watson, depending on what they find out about him. A top 5 pick might do it. Then the next two firsts we need lb and safeties. We need to get rid of Cox and sign someone in free agency that’s a star. 

47 minutes ago, DeSean Jackson said:

There’s no one in the draft that I would replace hurts with, (as I wouldn’t risk our assets for them). The only way to improve quick is watson, depending on what they find out about him. A top 5 pick might do it. Then the next two firsts we need lb and safeties. We need to get rid of Cox and sign someone in free agency that’s a star. 

I don't care if our QB was Nathan Peterman, I don't want Watson

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Seumalo out for year w/ lisfranc. Are we still not to be concerned about the injuries on this team? 4 straight years of this. 

He was off to a good start this year too. What a shame. 

But, nah I’m still concerned about injuries. That’s 2 out of 5 OL out for a long time and Mailata still might be out for a bit.