Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

He was part of the problem.

Doug was definitely a large part of the problem. The bigger concern is I think we had to hire a guy that was ok with a front office meddling in every decision, which isn’t going to make for an appealing coaching job. We got someone that was ok with Howie running the show, and no one should have confidence in that decision. 

2 minutes ago, Art_Vandalay said:

I gotta say the most annoying thing about watching this rivalry is the constant reminder that Dallas always drafts well and we never do.

they always have a QB that is way better than ours, but not good enough to win a ring.

And they just draft better period on offense.

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, BLick12 said:

My expectations for the Eagles were rock bottom to start this season. The Atlanta game was a nice surprise but I literally bet against them in this game (something I never do), I was that confident they don’t matchup well with the cowboys. 

having said that, when you’re seeing the same issues with penalties the last two weeks and you’re seeing a QB that can’t make even basic throws, it’s hard to be optimistic. This team needs to be just absolutely pounding the rock week to week with our oline and dline being the only strengths. Instead we’re running spread with a QB that is massively flawed and inconsistent. Miles sanders had 2 carries tonight. 

its two games, which I agree isn’t much of a sample, and this is in line with what I expected overall, but you can still be objective and critical about performance and what we are and aren’t seeing from the guys executing and calling plays.

Absolutely agree. On everything. But the far end theories are just knee-jerk, hoagie mouthed ****. It’s annoying. It’s one game. I have the same concerns you and everyone else does. I’d like to see how a rookie coach and (damn near) rookie QB can answer the bell. What’s the sense in waving the white flag already? 

7 minutes ago, Wentz you dog you said:

Worst position of the night anywhere on either side has been the OLine... Extremely concerning

You mean the position group missing 3 Starters now? Shocking. Same 💩 different year. Shouldn't really be surprising at this point but expected.

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t get it though. We’ve spent years together watching games in this forum. Years. All along with some of the smartest eagle fans I personally know. Let’s keep it in perspective. Are we talking about moving on from everything because of one bad game? Really? Maybe that’s even the right move but it seems like sports talk radio **** and I honestly expect better from us. God forbid we roll the Chiefs. What’s this forum do then? 

Idk people calling for the heads of the HC and stuff are crazy, but I think it is completely fair to say Hurts just aint the guy after tonight if you never really believed in him before this.

I don't know about y'all but I'm chillin. Frankly I didn't have high expectations this year anyways, so I'm not really all that disappointed. I still expect us to win at least 5 or 6 this year all in all. We've lost to two teams who are likely playoff teams so far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I don’t get it though. We’ve spent years together watching games in this forum. Years. All along with some of the smartest eagle fans I personally know. Let’s keep it in perspective. Are we talking about moving on from everything because of one bad game? Really? Maybe that’s even the right move but it seems like sports talk radio **** and I honestly expect better from us. God forbid we roll the Chiefs. What’s this forum do then? 

Bro it's literally just knee-jerk reactions to a bad game. heat of the moment why am i watching this kind of stuff. 80 percent of the people on this forum don't actually mean what they say during these gdts.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Fire Howie. Go Spurs! Dallas sucks. Giants suck. Draft Kyle Hamilton, Andrew Booth Jr, and Karlaftis.

@Jeezla

I'm down. Picks 3, 6, and 10.

Might even be able to get Stingley and Hamilton. 

Karlaftis dropping, I should remove him from my sig. Only DE I'm sold on is Thibs

Edited by Jeezla

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Idk people calling for the heads of the HC and stuff are crazy, but I think it is completely fair to say Hurts just aint the guy after tonight if you never really believed in him before this.

7 games into a career is fair? I mean, I get it. I’m not in love with that I’m seeing but we do realize how unfair that is, right? I’m seeing a very trepidatious QB. For whatever reason. He’s not turning it lose. By design? By physical limitations? Mental? I don’t know. But I’d like to see if he and staff can figure it out before writing him off after 7 games. And even less for Nick. 

14 minutes ago, Danger said:

We HAVE to take a CB in the first somewhere.

At this rate we’ll have an early 2nd. 
We have zero safeties and Singleton as a cleanup backer (tackles but doesn’t make splash plays). As long as they take one in those 4 picks, or in the 2nd it’s fine. 

Just take some people who make an impact.

The unfortunate spot we’re in do to bad drafting and coaching is we have to hit the same spots constantly.