Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

You guys are making your final assessments on a 17 game season on one of the worst games in a year. You have to realize you’re being a bit unfair to a team that has zero experience and history. This has been an AWFUL game but you’re letting emotion run the day. This can absolutely certainly be chalked up to a bad week by a young team still trying to find itself. Happens to every team. It’s week 3. So much time to prove it one way or the other. 

Everyone understands what you're trying to say but telling sports fans to be logical DURING a horrendous game is pissing in the wind. People gonna run their mouths and then wake up tomorrow and not care as much.

• Like 1

Just now, Jeezla said:

Strong is one of the few who actually has the freedom to make pre-snap line adjustments, has a way better arm than Hurts, and a good deep ball. He is inconsistent in the medium and short game tho. 

I'll take that good with that inconsistency. That can be practiced and repped. 

At the end of the day you just can’t judge a staff after 3 games. We don’t know what we have. Could certainly say it’s been a disappointing start, blame coaching for the penalties, etc., but again, 3 games, not to mention with a bottom tier roster. I was expecting a rough year, and all I really cared about was seeing the development of young talent. So far it’s been a mixed bag.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Imagine thinking Howie will draft a safety in the top 10.

I don't want to imagine Howie doing anything. We really should hope this team plays so bad that Lurie has no choice. Otherwise we're going to be taking DIckersons over JOK's and JJAWS over DK's until we all die from either stress or spontaneous combustion.

I am pretty sure these are world class athletes. There are only a few dozen players who are defensive “play makers”. The rest are coached up or players who put themselves in good position. 

You can’t sit there in vanilla coverage/looks and not expect a QB to eat that up. Especially if your best players are gassed early and on the field for 3/4 of the game. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

At the end of the day you just can’t judge a staff after 3 games. We don’t know what we have. Could certainly say it’s been a disappointing start, blame coaching for the penalties, etc., but again, 3 games, not to mention with a bottom tier roster. I was expecting a rough year, and all I really cared about was seeing the development of young talent. So far it’s been a mixed bag.

yeah my expectations are similar. thats why the main reason im frustrated is every time i see something that looks like improvement the next week it's back to square one. 3 weeks in i have no idea where this team is going in the future

5 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You guys are making your final assessments on a 17 game season on one of the worst games in a year. You have to realize you’re being a bit unfair to a team that has zero experience and history. This has been an AWFUL game but you’re letting emotion run the day. This can absolutely certainly be chalked up to a bad week by a young team still trying to find itself. Happens to every team. It’s week 3. So much time to prove it one way or the other. 

Sirianni publicly made the game seem very important, yet his players performed horribly. Seems like he is a very poor motivator, one key trait a good head coach must have

1 minute ago, Danger said:

honestly just take a LB in the 2nd. first four picks all should be towards revitalizing the defense IMO. No QB worth taking early in this draft frankly.

What are you doing at qb then? I'll give Hurts this year but I'm not holding my breath on him impressing me consistently.