Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

What are you doing at qb then? I'll give Hurts this year but I'm not holding my breath on him impressing me consistently. 

Me? If someone falls into the 2nd I'd consider it, but I certainly don't feel like reaching on a guy in the first this year. Sign someone as a stop gap? Just roll with Hurts anyways? Just take the best players available regardless of position in this draft frankly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TonOfDepth said:

Alex Singleton asking Zeke and Dak for his next job? Didn't waste any time to shake their hands after getting blown out.

he should have punched them in the face then ran into the locker and cursed his enemies instead of being a good sport and ambassador for people are mentally disabled

Alex Singleton might not be great at football, but don't ever question the man he is.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, Danger said:

Me? If someone falls into the 2nd I'd consider it, but I certainly don't feel like reaching on a guy in the first this year. Sign someone as a stop gap? Just roll with Hurts anyways? Just take the best players available regardless of position in this draft frankly.

Hope Howell falls to the second would be the best case scenario.

3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

You guys are making your final assessments on a 17 game season on one of the worst games in a year. You have to realize you’re being a bit unfair to a team that has zero experience and history. This has been an AWFUL game but you’re letting emotion run the day. This can absolutely certainly be chalked up to a bad week by a young team still trying to find itself. Happens to every team. It’s week 3. So much time to prove it one way or the other. 

My expectations for the Eagles were rock bottom to start this season. The Atlanta game was a nice surprise but I literally bet against them in this game (something I never do), I was that confident they don’t matchup well with the cowboys. 

having said that, when you’re seeing the same issues with penalties the last two weeks and you’re seeing a QB that can’t make even basic throws, it’s hard to be optimistic. This team needs to be just absolutely pounding the rock week to week with our oline and dline being the only strengths. Instead we’re running spread with a QB that is massively flawed and inconsistent. Miles sanders had 2 carries tonight. 

its two games, which I agree isn’t much of a sample, and this is in line with what I expected overall, but you can still be objective and critical about performance and what we are and aren’t seeing from the guys executing and calling plays.

5 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Everyone understands what you're trying to say but telling sports fans to be logical DURING a horrendous game is pissing in the wind. People gonna run their mouths and then wake up tomorrow and not care as much.

I don’t get it though. We’ve spent years together watching games in this forum. Years. All along with some of the smartest eagle fans I personally know. Let’s keep it in perspective. Are we talking about moving on from everything because of one bad game? Really? Maybe that’s even the right move but it seems like sports talk radio **** and I honestly expect better from us. God forbid we roll the Chiefs. What’s this forum do then? 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

I don’t get it though. We’ve spent years together watching games in this forum. Years. All along with some of the smartest eagle fans I personally know. Let’s keep it in perspective. Are we talking about moving on from everything because of one bad game? Really? Maybe that’s even the right move but it seems like sports talk radio **** and I honestly expect better from us. God forbid we roll the Chiefs. What’s this forum do then? 

It's all reactionary, live in the moment type stuff - it's always been that way on gameday, especially in the GDT.

• Like 1