Week 3 GDT: Eagles at Cowboys: The Week We All Dislike Matts More Than Usual

EaglesPeteC

1 minute ago, Jroc04 said:

Absolutely agree. On everything. But the far end theories are just knee-jerk, hoagie mouthed ****. It’s annoying. It’s one game. I have the same concerns you and everyone else does. I’d like to see how a rookie coach and (damn near) rookie QB can answer the bell. What’s the sense in waving the white flag already? 

I hear you. And it is what it is for this year based on the talent we have on the field. If anyone thought we were going to actually compete for the division, they need to have their head checked. 

for me, If i see things that give me confidence sirriani has this team ready to play week to week and play his brand of smart football, I’ll feel good about this season, regardless of record. same thing with some of the young guys. We need some young talent to emerge because there are just so many gd holes in this team at the moment. 

The last two games I’ve just felt quite pessimistic about both our young talent and coaching. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Daimonas said:

Bro it's literally just knee-jerk reactions to a bad game. heat of the moment why am i watching this kind of stuff. 80 percent of the people on this forum don't actually mean what they say during these gdts.

Understood.  Still kind of juvenile to me. 

Just now, Jroc04 said:

7 games into a career is fair? I mean, I get it. I’m not in love with that I’m seeing but we do realize how unfair that is, right? I’m seeing a very trepidatious QB. For whatever reason. He’s not turning it lose. By design? By physical limitations? Mental? I don’t know. But I’d like to see if he and staff can figure it out before writing him off after 7 games. And even less for Nick. 

It wasn't fair that he was drafted in the second round and essentially gifted a starting spot in general, but here we are. Life isn't fair. I never believed in him being the dude, and will continue to not believe in him being the dude. He isn't gifted, he isn't special, he is just a good kid who was over drafted and is now clearly in over his head. it is easy to go to bat for someone who has the talent but hasn't put it together. That first pick he threw tonight was class A example of a guy who just isn't talented.

4 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Idk people calling for the heads of the HC and stuff are crazy, but I think it is completely fair to say Hurts just aint the guy after tonight if you never really believed in him before this.

Should move the needle further in that direction, but there’s still 14 games left of what is essentially his extended rookie year. 

I’d agree he doesn’t look like the guy and I don’t think he will be, but after 7 starts I’m not making any declarative statements when we don’t actually have to decide on QB until after the season concludes. I’ll give him all of 2021 to change my mind.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

At this rate we’ll have an early 2nd. 
We have zero safeties and Singleton as a cleanup backer (tackles but doesn’t make splash plays). As long as they take one in those 4 picks, or in the 2nd it’s fine. 

Just take some people who make an impact.

The unfortunate spot we’re in do to bad drafting and coaching is we have to hit the same spots constantly.

Which is why the more I look at it, 

F it, full on BPA, even if it means taking another WR.  Just get the best young talent we can and worry about the rest later.

14 minutes ago, Scalamania said:
15 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Yes why. Matts or whatever his name is trying to be funny. There's no bragging when you're beating up a bum team

I must've missed Matts comment.

I think he misinterpreted me as I didnt brag about anything. I posted a gif of ace ventura looking into something, as I was doing in this thread (looking in). No clue what that guy thought it meant.

Just now, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Should move the needle further in that direction, but there’s still 14 games left of what is essentially his extended rookie year. 

I’d agree he doesn’t look like the guy and I don’t think he will be, but after 7 starts I’m not making any declarative statements when we don’t actually have to decide on QB until after the season concludes. I’ll give him all of 2021 to change my mind.

Yeah pretty much agree with this. Tonight really just dashed any expectations I had of Hurts, maybe he turns it around, but I'm frankly not going to hold my breath at this point.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

I just watch that first INT and I can't see him being anything past a backup QB in the NFL. That was truly just abysmal.

• Like 1