Week 3 Postgame: GB 30 - SF 28

Leader

22 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Exactly my thought in real time once he caught this ball. Was hoping he'd get in so they couldn't burn any more time off the clock and GB would have a chance

Adding to the ref stuff, Kittle CLEARLY got out of bounds on the previous first down. They let the clock run though.

Sadly I fell asleep and couldn't watch the whole thing, but it feels like a quality victory. Maybe the defense will click after all, that would be the best news.

What kind of bull**** was the Davante hit? How can the league claim any sort of player safety focus when that hit does not get flagged and the player is back on the field the next series? Really worried about how he might feel this week, hopefully it's nothing.

• Like 1

So can we cut the crap out now when this team loses? Week 1’s response was much more than  an overreaction, it was embarrassing. 

This is the NFL. You’re gonna have good days and bad, sometimes you’re gonna get your butt kicked. GB, likely to get their butt kicked again. However, if they’re healthy and sharp they can beat anyone on any day. This team is very likely to make the playoffs. Let’s just hope for health, growth and they peak at the right time. 

Kenny Clark was a man. Rest of the line played good as well. 

Offensive line was beyond incredible. I cannot wait to see how good Meyers, Newman and JRJ are later this year. When Bahk comes back it’s gonna be a great unit. 

And honestly , when we lose, it’s because our line gets whooped. SF and TB do not have great secondaries. If we can block, we match up well with them. 

I really liked what I saw from Stokes. He was right there on everything. I think he just needs the confidence that he can stick with them and can make a play on the ball and he’ll be less handsy. Regardless , very very promising for week 3. 

Preston looked pretty good to me. 

I thought the secondary communicated better, everyone looked like they were in the right place . 

Im fine with where this team is at right now. There’s been consistent growth (obviously from week 1 you can’t go much lower) and still a lot of room for improvement. 

Next week should be a competitive game vs Pitt at least offensively. The pass rush hopefully comes alive 

4 hours ago, Packer_ESP said:

Sadly I fell asleep and couldn't watch the whole thing, but it feels like a quality victory. Maybe the defense will click after all, that would be the best news.

What kind of bull**** was the Davante hit? How can the league claim any sort of player safety focus when that hit does not get flagged and the player is back on the field the next series? Really worried about how he might feel this week, hopefully it's nothing.

TBF in the closeup it didn't look like he ever lost consciousness, he was just having the "ohhhh that f'in HURT" moment

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Jake Morley -  

No Elgton Jenkins
No David Bakhtiari
No Problem.
Adam Stenavich is a wizard.
And honestly, Yosh was just fine once he settled in. The IOL was great all night.

If there was any doubt about coaches Stenavich and Butkus (and on past performance there shouldn't have been), bury those damn doubts on the 50yd line.

7 hours ago, Refugee said:

I think that’s funny as a takeaway to this one but it was good to see him crushing it.  Bojorquez is thicc. It did cross my mind that he’s only been holding for Mase for a few weeks but he got the snap down and Crosby did the rest. 

I wouldn’t mind seeing if Corey has some kickoffs in his game. Would take a few reps off the old vet and I feel like he’s definitely got the leg to get it out of the end zone. 

Excellent point .. let Crosby kick the field goals.  Just doesn't seem to have the kick off leg anymore so let somebody else give it a whirl.

1 hour ago, Mr Bad Example said:

TBF in the closeup it didn't look like he ever lost consciousness, he was just having the "ohhhh that f'in HURT" moment

Apparently he never got hit in the head (at least that is what he, Rodgers and MLF said after the game).  He took the blow to the chest and got the wind knocked out more than anything. 

6 hours ago, oldmansmell said:

Adding to the ref stuff, Kittle CLEARLY got out of bounds on the previous first down. They let the clock run though.

Nick Wright made a good observation this morning that I'd not caught on to last night. On that last TD play for SF, they hiked the ball with 12 seconds left on the clock - which he (quite rightly I thought....) blamed on Mr. Clock Mis-Management Kyle Shanahan for not advising his QB.

Peter Bukowski -  The 49ers had 67 yards on 21 carries last night and that includes a 16 yarder from Trey Sermon.

They averaged 3.2 YPC.

The Packers hit Jimmy G 11 times, gave up 6.4 YPA and forced him into 2 turnovers.

The defense was terrific play-to-play last night.