• NudeTayne use his mod powers for good
    • no more poll options
    • more pole options ;)
    • Natedawgs life matters
    • Mwill have a smile on his dial
    • LGBTQ+ score a 2nd victory over cheddar
    • multiple turnovers and solid defense

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 05:12 PM

IMO, I think that both teams play close to turnover free football (on paper) in this one, and so it's going to come down to the Red Zone. I'm worried about our rush defense being tested against them, as well as how our soft zone is going to potentially struggle against their quick and boot game, also neutralizing our EDGE advantage on rushing the QB. We REALLY need to get off of the field on 3rd downs and force them to kick FG.

Similarly, we can't afford to leave points on the board when we get the ball. With as much as both teams run the football, I see a lot of limited possessions for us (more than usual), so I wouldn't be surprised if this game went quickly and was lower scoring than it should be based upon a clock that continues to run.

• Like 1

Minnesota is a true top 8 team and a serious challenge that many are underrating b/c of their record, but they could easily be 4-0. They had some bad breaks in the loss to Kansas City, some terrible calls against them vs the Cardinals with Kyler and co pulling it out at the end, the Bengals loss was a nail biter and they were one play away. 

With Dalvin Cook, their offense is again lethal and key old and new members of the offense are playing the best football in their careers.

Kirk Cousins is coming off his 2nd best game analytically as a pro in terms of big time throws and high level play.

The emergence of speed, game changing KJ Osborne can't be understated as he allows Justin Jefferson and Adam Theilen the space to run routes on single coverage.

Tight End Tyler Conklin is ballin in run blocking and is a versatile pass catching threat.

Their OLine is playing at its best as a cohesive unit.

It will come down to the Browns offense vs the Vikings defense. It could definitely turn into a grind it out game or even a shoot out. 

No matter what's been said about Mike Zimmer, his defensive scheme is potent and versatile.  It's a great early season test.

Edited by Empire Lies

7 hours ago, MWil23 said:

IMO, I think that both teams play close to turnover free football (on paper) in this one, and so it's going to come down to the Red Zone. I'm worried about our rush defense being tested against them, as well as how our soft zone is going to potentially struggle against their quick and boot game, also neutralizing our EDGE advantage on rushing the QB. We REALLY need to get off of the field on 3rd downs and force them to kick FG.

Similarly, we can't afford to leave points on the board when we get the ball. With as much as both teams run the football, I see a lot of limited possessions for us (more than usual), so I wouldn't be surprised if this game went quickly and was lower scoring than it should be based upon a clock that continues to run.

Yeah, I'm very interested/worried to see how our run defense holds up vs. their running game. Our running defense has been good so far this season, but the best RB we've faced is David Montgomery, so it's not like the run defense has really been tested.

But agreed, we absolutely cannot waste offensive possessions and leave points on the board like we've done this season, and especially last week. We got away with it vs. Houston simply because we're much more talented, and then again vs. Chicago because their offense was totally inept. Minnesota is definitely talented enough to make us pay if we keep making silly mistakes on offense and don't fully capitalize on our possessions.

5 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

They couldn't be 4-0.

They played KC in the preseason.

So, let me get this straight... you are saying that going into week 4 before a single week 4 game has been played, a team can't be 4-0?

Sounds to me like your charlatan derping.

My mind perceives all parallel universes at once.

Somewhere out there at this time the Vikings are 4-0. I'm mixing up the timelines.

Likely means there's a cataclysmic event on the horizon whereby all timelines collapse in on one another via an universal apocalyptic event.

End is nigh confirmed. Prepare thineselves.

9986cb5fff621512eb94a52e93f05a35.gif

Edited by Empire Lies
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Empire Lies said:

So, let me get this straight... you are saying that going into week 4 before a single week 4 game has been played, a team can't be 4-0?

Sounds to me like your charlatan derping.

My mind perceives all parallel universes at once.

Somewhere out there at this time the Vikings are 4-0. I'm mixing up the timelines.

Likely means there's a cataclysmic event nigh whereby all timelines collapse in on one another.

End is nigh confirmed. Prepare thineselves.

9986cb5fff621512eb94a52e93f05a35.gif

So this was one of the outcomes Dr. Strange saw?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

It would be awesome to see Greedy ball out this game.

I was literally coming here to post that. 

Id love a Greey interception on a pass intended for Justin Jefferson. That’s would help his confidence level a ton

Edited by brownie man