• NudeTayne use his mod powers for good
    • no more poll options
    • more pole options ;)
    • Natedawgs life matters
    • Mwill have a smile on his dial
    • LGBTQ+ score a 2nd victory over cheddar
    • multiple turnovers and solid defense

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/03/2021 at 05:12 PM

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah this is a game Baker is gonna need to let it rip and make some plays.

Maybe our defense has turned a corner, whatever, but they’re still gonna put some points up.  That offense has a lot of talent and a vet QB.

I’d love to see a 3-4 TD game from Baker, he kinda needs it.

I am ready to see what our run defense can do against a team thats pretty good running the football. In a sense, playing the Vikings almost feels like playing ourselves. I think our pass rush is gonna be there, swarming as much as possible. I don't want to sit around and give them a chance to come back though, I want to put as many points up as possible. 

As far as Baker goes, I'd love to see a 3-4 TD game, but at the end of the day, I just want to win. We all know Minny's pass D sucks, so even if the guy has 5 TD's, I can almost guarantee come Monday morning the narrative will be that Minnesota is bad against the pass, and we shouldn't read into the 5 TD game from Baker too much. 

• Like 3

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

I am ready to see what our run defense can do against a team thats pretty good running the football. In a sense, playing the Vikings almost feels like playing ourselves. I think our pass rush is gonna be there, swarming as much as possible. I don't want to sit around and give them a chance to come back though, I want to put as many points up as possible. 

Yeah, and with as good as our run D has been, personnel wise we’re definitely built to play with a lead.

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

As far as Baker goes, I'd love to see a 3-4 TD game, but at the end of the day, I just want to win. We all know Minny's pass D sucks, so even if the guy has 5 TD's, I can almost guarantee come Monday morning the narrative will be that Minnesota is bad against the pass, and we shouldn't read into the 5 TD game from Baker too much. 

I guess for me I’d look at it like he did what he was supposed to do.  Just like shutting down Fields and the Chicago offense wasn’t an impressive accomplishment, not doing so would have looked BAD.

Baker definitely doesn’t NEED a huge game as long as the offense continues to score and they win, I may have been overstating that, but he’s definitely due. At some point though we’re gonna need some explosive plays for scores out of the passing game, and this looks like a good opportunity to build some confidence.

Did a quick scan over the Vikings Defensive stats, and it is promising for us.

I am attaching the link, but just cruising over them - this is what stood out:

• 1 out of every 3 third downs is being converted.
  • They are surrendering 120 ypg on the ground, and they are surrendering 409 yards of offense per game.
  • Their rush defense has surrendered 4.8 ypp, and the same for the total offense is 6.8 ypp. And they have yet to see a pair of backs of the quality of Chubb and Hunt.
  • They are surrendering 26 ppg. Baker knows his effort against the Bears was sub par by his standards, so I bet he is licking his chops.

The Vikings opened the season with two road losses at Cincinnati and Arizona, and beat the Seahawks in their home opener.

If this game comes down to a FG try, I like our chances. Why, you ask? Because the Vikings kicker is........

Greg Joseph.

Going on the road is never easy, but I think we got a major glimpse last Sunday how good we can be. The offense had an off day and still won going away. And for the first time in two years, we saw how special this defense can be.

I really like our chances Sunday.

31-21 Good guys.

https://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesota-vikings/stats

Edited by brooks1957
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Next 4 games will tell us a lot about this team:

• at Vikings
  • at Chargers
  • vs Cardinals
  • vs Broncos

Vikings are good, but we need to take the W. We don't want to have to "get well" against the next 3 teams.

I want, and expect, 3-1 out of this stretch of games. Biggest fear of a loss is the Chargers game for me. Cardinals explosiveness on O also scares me. Broncos.. they're not as good as they appear and I don't see any reason we shouldn't win that game.

11 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Next 4 games will tell us a lot about this team:

• at Vikings
  • at Chargers
  • vs Cardinals
  • vs Broncos

Vikings are good, but we need to take the W. We don't want to have to "get well" against the next 3 teams.

IMO, we really need to win 3 out of 4 of those. 5-2 headed into divisional play vs. the Steelers and Bengals would really be nice.

i don't usually pay attention to the OP in a game day thread but i have to say i thoroughly enjoyed this one, so kudos @Kiwibrown.

i think this will be a good game, the vikings had a really rough first game against the bengals but outplayed two quality opponents in the cardinals and seahawks, only losing to the cards because they missed a 37 yard kick to win the game. 

the browns run game is definitely a concern for the vikes, getting barr back for this game would be huge as the current linebackers besides kendricks are very inconsistent. their pass defense hasn't been quite as bad as their numbers might look, but brashad breeland is definitely a weak link. it feels like he's given up every one of our passing TDs and he's literally PFF's worst ranked corner this season. hopefully cook returns healthy so we can all see two of the best runners in the game!

here's the vikings lineup, for those not familiar:

• Like 3