Where is Jimmy Garoppolo playing in 2022?

brownie man

Where is Jimmy G playing in 2022  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What Team?

This might be the biggest story of the off-season with this QB class that doesn’t seem too great. 

Where is Jimmy playing, and is he starting there?

Im going to say Colts and yes he’s starting. 

Solid playmakers, wide open division, playoff team ready to go. 

I would say top 3 teams 

Colts, Washington, and Pittsburgh 

I just feel Wentz is proving he can’t stay healthy. I think Jimmy has a better shot at this point 

Houston. Nick Caserio was the director of player personnel when the Patriots drafted him, Deshaun Watson will likely be traded, Tyrod Taylor will be a free agent, and the upcoming QB class is murky. I could see a situation where Houston trades for him on the last year of his deal so they don't have to commit to a QB at the top of the draft if they don't love any of the prospects. 

Financially, Indianapolis can't really move on from Wentz until after next season so they'd have to pay $40-50M to Jimmy G/Wentz, yuck.

Washington, Miami, Pittsburgh, and Denver all seem like realistic landing spots as well. I'd assume that the Jimmy G/Watson situation is pretty similar to the Wentz/Stafford situation last off-season with one of the teams that misses out on Watson making a move for Jimmy. I'd also imagine that San Francisco would prefer to trade him to a team in the AFC. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Houston. Nick Caserio was the director of player personnel when the Patriots drafted him, Deshaun Watson will likely be traded, Tyrod Taylor will be a free agent, and the upcoming QB class is murky. I could see a situation where Houston trades for him on the last year of his deal so they don't have to commit to a QB at the top of the draft if they don't love any of the prospects. 

I see this happening as well - Houston might be the only spot where Jimmy G is guaranteed a starting gig, too.

Depends on what Rogers does.  If he stays in GB, then Denver makes sense.  The Broncos won't be anywhere sniffing distance of a top pick for a QB.  If Rogers leaves, I assume that Devonte Adams follows him wherever, and Denver would be my bet.

The Colts would make sense on the field, but not with the Wentz contract.

Pitt makes sense, unless Ben somehow draws up fan pressure to stick around one more year.  I can't see that happening, but as a rival fan, would love it to.

4 hours ago, notthatbluestuff said:

I’m curious as to why you claim Wentz “can’t stay healthy” and then go on to suggest Jimmy Garoppolo of all people as a viable, healthier alternative. 

Because Jimmy has never had TWO SPRAINED ANKLES AT THE SAME TIME

that’s just crazy man. Plus Wentz just plays wild. He plays to get injured I think in comparison Jimmy has just had bad luck. He’s not running around like mad man Wentz. He’s just got hit bad when SF online has played bad. They’ve had multiple QBs hurt. 

14 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Doesnt Shanny hate Synder? I think we can cross Washington off the list as a professional courtesy to Jimmy. 

We made the trade for Trent. When we traded up for Dante Pettis, it was also with Washington.  Think we can put that to bed. 

I'd look for teams that aren't bad enough to completely tank this year but have solid rosters. 

The problem is, I think that there could be a few quarterbacks available that teams preferred. If Minnesota bombs this year and they clean house, Kirk could be available. I have no idea why Matt Ryan wouldn't be available. 

But I could see a team like Pittsburgh be willing to ride with Jimmy. Washington. In the very specific instance that Daniel Jones struggles, Dave G is kept, I could see the Giants make that kind of play as a hail mary to save his job. 

I think there's a reasonable chance, depending on who is available out of the vet quarterbacks, that Jimmy doesn't have a chair when the music stops, but hard to say for sure. 

Jimmy G has always been a good QB - and this year he continues to be a good QB

Jimmy will start all 17 games this year for the 49ers and they make the playoffs as a legitimate SB contender

In the offseason, SF has to make a hard decision. They can either trade Jimmy and get a legitimate return (and possibly be stuck with a QB that they may or may not trust). Or they can run Jimmy back for the final year of his contract and make a legitimate run at the SB (knowing Jimmy will then walk for zero compensation)

I don't see them moving to an unproven guy after the season they are having, and I believe WILL have this season. Jimmy starts for SF in 2022 and Lance finally gets his shot in 2023

• Like 1