Nagy Schedules Presser For Today; Twitter Hopes It's To Announce His Resignation

soulman

Nagy call presser says nothing again.  Anyone shocked by this.  Read Tweets via the link.  Nagy should write a book like Dale Carnegie but entitle it "How To Say Nothing and Incur Many Enemies.

Bears fans blast Matt Nagy after he refuses to share who will call plays

https://sports.yahoo.com/bears-fans-blast-matt-nagy-181404026.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

Alyssa Barbieri
Wed, September 29, 2021, 12:14 PM·5 min read

Nagy in his normal pose.  Hey Matt.  You won't find the WHYS there either.
8c1543b024b00caec782a732b614dcdd

Bears head coach Matt Nagy has been under fire following his game plan in last Sunday’s 26-6 loss to the Browns, which featured Chicago’s worst offensive performance in 40 years, and ultimately threw quarterback rookie Justin Fields to the dogs.

When Nagy was asked Monday whether a change at play caller could be in the works, he said “everything is on the table.” But when asked Wednesday who would be calling plays Sunday against the Lions, Nagy refused to answer the question, saying they’re going to “keep it internal” and that there have been “amazing healthy conversations” at Halas Hall this week.

Nagy has become a master at saying a lot without saying anything at all. It’s something that’s been frustrating for Bears fans in the past. But following last week’s flop on offense, the lack of answers — including a simple answer of who will be calling the plays — has been absolutely maddening to fans.

Edited by soulman
  • Like 1

Reporter: "Did you decide who will be the play caller on Sunday?"

Nagy: " So, what we’ve done is we’ve… uh I think probably the best part of the last 48 to 72 hours is we’ve had some amazing, healthy conversations between coaches and coaches, between coaches and players, players and players, players and coaches. That’s what I appreciate the most, and so without getting into specifics of what we’re gonna do and how we’re gonna do it with not just that stuff but other topics, I’m gonna keep that internal, um… and I think that’s the best part right now for us is the fact that, that’s what I found going through this, is there's a few things that you learn through people, is you learn through having raw honest conversations, its healthy, its good, it enables you to realize, um, you know why things happened, and I think too its really good from a coaching perspective to have the talks and communication, open communication with the players. And so, you take what they give you, and you use it, and that’s really what I’m gonna do, that’s what we’re gonna do, its what their gonna do, and week 3 right now being 1-2, and having a loss that stings like that, sometimes it just recalibrates you and makes you refocus on certain things, and in a good way. And I think the players understand from my perspective where I come from and how real I am. How hard I am on not just them but myself and that I'm about solutions man, I am not about negativity, I am not about anything but trying to do what's best for the bears at anything. You know what I mean? And so id be sitting here lying to you all if I said its been easy, darn right it hasn’t been easy. Its been hard. But when I signed up for this job I knew there was gonna be times when I go through this kinda stuff, and now I'm getting tested to see where I'm at with this. And I know in the core of who I am, and I know in the core of who our players are, and I know what were about, and when you see the people that come to bat for you behind the scenes that’s to me what gets you through this kind of stuff, and so, again, that’s what gets you going. And that’s what helps you go as you have these other conversations, and you accept it and you move on, and that’s what I'm about. The criticism is fair. I go back to the game, and again, the more you’re in it, the more you see it. You gotta move on, but you also gotta accept it. And that’s what I’m gonna do moving forwards."

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Oh good, players and coaches and coaches and players all had conversations. I wouldn't want it to be let out of Halas Hall that only the players and coaches spoke but not the coaches and players...

I remember saying that I'd sell Fox's soul to Satan for a stale corn chip, and then I'd throw the corn chip away.

Nagy has me at that point.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

It is at 1:13 of his press conference today.

My son is a terrible liar. He absolutely sucks at it, because he over-explains everything when he lies. Rather than say he forgot to take the dog out he will detail how he took him out, who he saw, how many times the dog peed, etc etc.

That is what I get from Nagy. He throws so much BS out there that he hopes you lose track of what the original question was. He'll spin the web of bs so heavy you'll get every answer you want - besides the honest one you want.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

My son is a terrible liar. He absolutely sucks at it, because he over-explains everything when he lies. Rather than say he forgot to take the dog out he will detail how he took him out, who he saw, how many times the dog peed, etc etc.

That is what I get from Nagy. He throws so much BS out there that he hopes you lose track of what the original question was. He'll spin the web of bs so heavy you'll get every answer you want - besides the honest one you want.

It's quite annoying but it's easy to read between the lines in my honest opinion.

Nagy likely is feeling heavy pressure after last week's debacle and he knows this is probably his last chance to salvage his job as head coach of this team. 

He's walking on eggshells right now and is just covering his tracks.

I think the whole world now knows he can't really call an offense, at least not with this team and has been exposed to a certain degree

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

I give alot credit to your son. If I ask my 19 year old son why didn't you do this or that to anything responsible--his answer is always says "I was planning on it".

Like why are you leaving dishes in the garage (he has a corner space with furniture and it's sort of his hangout spot with friends) and it's always the same answer lol. 

I get so frustrated by this answer because I'm looking at it going "okay....you see this is a problem right? Then why not fix it right now? I don't care what your plans were....fix it now and we have no issue".

And I feel the same way about Nagy. It's like dude, I'm tired of hearing you say "that you see things are wrong and are planning to fix them" only to see them continue to get worse. Actions speak louder than words. At some point you have to back up what you're saying before anyone believes it.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I give alot credit to your son. If I ask my 19 year old son why didn't you do this or that to anything responsible--his answer is always says "I was planning on it".

Like why are you leaving dishes in the garage (he has a corner space with furniture and it's sort of his hangout spot with friends) and it's always the same answer lol. 

I get so frustrated by this answer because I'm looking at it going "okay....you see this is a problem right? Then why not fix it right now? I don't care what your plans were....fix it now and we have no issue".

And I feel the same way about Nagy. It's like dude, I'm tired of hearing you say "that you see things are wrong and are planning to fix them" only to see them continue to get worse. Actions speak louder than words. At some point you have to back up what you're saying before anyone believes it.

Damn jaf I thought you were closer to my age 

12 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Damn jaf I thought you were closer to my age 

No lol. Your alot younger. I'll be 40 on October 4th this year. My wife will be 40 on November 7th. My wife was pregnant with our first (James) when we were 19 and had him when we were 20. Funny thing is, I was just talking to my mom to the day before yesterday about how old James is and I brought it up that we had him at the age as he is now. It's crazy. Time flies man.

Edit: I dont know how I forget to mention this but our daughter turns 12 today technically by my time standards lol (est). 9/30. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 3