Patriots releasing Stephon Gilmore (Update: Traded to Panthers for '23 6th rounder)

MikeT14

My guess is he is going to go to Tampa Bay or Kansas City. Id love to see him come to LA to team up with Ramsey. As much as D-Will played great last season, he just doesnt look the same this season. Gilmore and Ramsey would easily be the best corner duo in the NFL in quite sometime. It definitely would be a better duo than the Rams had a few years ago with Peters and Talib. So if the Rams want to continue to go all in then they need to go get Gilmore. Ramsey please go recruit him lol. I can dream of Ramsey on Evans and Gilmore on AB for the Bucs. I can dream of Ramsey on Hopkins and Gilmore on Green. I can dream of Ramsey on Metcalf and Gilmore on Lockett. Again though its not likely bc I think he goes to Tampa or Kansas City but hopefully the Rams at least take a look. 

11 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

My guess is he is going to go to Tampa Bay or Kansas City. Id love to see him come to LA to team up with Ramsey. As much as D-Will played great last season, he just doesnt look the same this season. Gilmore and Ramsey would easily be the best corner duo in the NFL in quite sometime. It definitely would be a better duo than the Rams had a few years ago with Peters and Talib. So if the Rams want to continue to go all in then they need to go get Gilmore. Ramsey please go recruit him lol. I can dream of Ramsey on Evans and Gilmore on AB for the Bucs. I can dream of Ramsey on Hopkins and Gilmore on Green. I can dream of Ramsey on Metcalf and Gilmore on Lockett. Again though its not likely bc I think he goes to Tampa or Kansas City but hopefully the Rams at least take a look. 

Which Gilmore are you getting???? The one with a major LEG injury, who's 31 year old and might not be ready!!!!

• Like 1

Does Nick Caserio dare to dream...?

I doubt Gilmore wants to be in Houston, but he's an immediate upgrade over every single human being in the building - I'm pretty certain he's a better QB than Davis Mills, too.

Would be a rare positive from the #PatriotsSouth routine - but, I highly doubt the Texans pursue (or - better stated - Gilmore shows any sort of interest).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, m haynes said:

Which Gilmore are you getting???? The one with a major LEG injury, who's 31 year old and might not be ready!!!!

Thats a great question. We wont know until he gets signed and we see how he is on the field whenever he takes it. I think if a title contender gets him on a cheaper deal then it will still be worth it bc if he isnt the same then it wont be giving up much. If his play is still that of a top 5 corner then its a game-changer for that team on defense.