How are the rookies doing?

RaidersAreOne

Odafe Oweh --> potential superstar. Has already literally won us a game (KC) and has impacted several others.

Ben Cleveland --> Has been rotating in at LG with Ben Powers. He's looked okay so far.

Brandon Stephens --> Has rotated in at S/CB. Has looked meh.

Tylan Wallace --> Has not played.

Daelin Hayes --> On Injured Reserve but didn't notice him when he played.

Ar’Darius Washington --> Hasn't even suited up for a game yet.

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Odafe Oweh --> potential superstar. Has already literally won us a game (KC) and has impacted several others.

Ben Cleveland --> Has been rotating in at LG with Ben Powers. He's looked okay so far.

Brandon Stephens --> Has rotated in at S/CB. Has looked meh.

Tylan Wallace --> Has not played.

Daelin Hayes --> On Injured Reserve but didn't notice him when he played.

Ar’Darius Washington --> Hasn't even suited up for a game yet.

Daelin Hayes played like 4 snaps 😆

Kadarius Toney finally got substantial snaps last week and looked awesome. Not many players in the NFL can move like he does with the ball in his hands. We should keep seeing more of him.

Azeez Ojulari had 3 sacks in his first 3 games, then was shut out in week 4. The flashes are noticeable. He's got a ways to go though. Still leads the team in sacks, although that isn't saying much for this defense so far through 4 games.

Aaron Robinson and Elerson Smith have been on IR/PUP.

Gary Brightwell hasn't done much of anything.

Rodarius Williams has beaten out last year's nickel corner Darnay Holmes for playing time in the slot, which is not where he is best, but he's been holding his own.

2 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Kadarius Toney finally got substantial snaps last week and looked awesome. Not many players in the NFL can move like he does with the ball in his hands. We should keep seeing more of him.

Azeez Ojulari had 3 sacks in his first 3 games, then was shut out in week 4. The flashes are noticeable. He's got a ways to go though. Still leads the team in sacks, although that isn't saying much for this defense so far through 4 games.

Aaron Robinson and Elerson Smith have been on IR/PUP.

Gary Brightwell hasn't done much of anything.

Rodarius Williams has beaten out last year's nickel corner Darnay Holmes for playing time in the slot, which is not where he is best, but he's been holding his own.

I believe you guys got a great one in Ojulari. I posted in the Raider forum at length about how much I loved him as a prospect. I personally had him as a top 10 overall prospect. He was my personal favorite for our pick at 17. 

I have no idea how he managed to fall to the mid second. I suspect maybe there was some medical reg flag(s) or something that made teams hesitant about his long term future or something. Because if that wasn't the case I truly do not understand how he wasn't a first round pick. 

He obviously is going to go through the typical rookie highs and lows, and he isn't a perfect edge player because he's on the smaller size for an edge rusher, but it didn't hamper him at UGA. He was really stout even in the run game when I watched him play. He isn't prime Von Miller obviously, but he kind of has that similar ability to explode, snake his way around a tackle, great bend and balance that makes his less than prototypical weight/size almost work to his benefit. 

I think you guys got a great one, a dude with all pro potential IMO. And I look forward to seeing how he does the rest of his rookie season and throughout his career. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I wanted this dude so bad for the Raiders but we reached on a LT to play RT who is now playing RG, lol.

• Like 1

Najee Harris....looks good, but he has zero run blocking.    

Pat Friermuth...for some reason, we arent using him much.   Has shown big flashes.

Kendrick Green...struggling, but rookie centers rarely look great...especially ones that needed time to learn like Green.

Dan Moore Jr....stuggling, but he's a 4th round rookie starting at LT.    Cant expect a ton.

Pressley Harvin....not looking great, but we have an abysmal ST coach.   Jordan Berry looks much better in Minny, but wasnt good here.

14 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

I believe you guys got a great one in Ojulari. I posted in the Raider forum at length about how much I loved him as a prospect. I personally had him as a top 10 overall prospect. He was my personal favorite for our pick at 17. 

I have no idea how he managed to fall to the mid second. I suspect maybe there was some medical reg flag(s) or something that made teams hesitant about his long term future or something. Because if that wasn't the case I truly do not understand how he wasn't a first round pick. 

He obviously is going to go through the typical rookie highs and lows, and he isn't a perfect edge player because he's on the smaller size for an edge rusher, but it didn't hamper him at UGA. He was really stout even in the run game when I watched him play. He isn't prime Von Miller obviously, but he kind of has that similar ability to explode, snake his way around a tackle, great bend and balance that makes his less than prototypical weight/size almost work to his benefit. 

I think you guys got a great one, a dude with all pro potential IMO. And I look forward to seeing how he does the rest of his rookie season and throughout his career. 

12 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I wanted this dude so bad for the Raiders but we reached on a LT to play RT who is now playing RG, lol.

I would have been ok with Azeez at 11, so I feel you guys. I was ecstatic to get him at 50.

Oweh - has been a stud with a standout play in a few games already and his future is bright, I’d say he’s in the tier 2 of defensive rookie of the year candidates.

Bateman- injured but looked great in camp. I’m hopeful he will be good if the groin injury doesn’t linger.

Ben Cleveland - in the mix at LG but not a starter (has dealt with some injuries). Seems like good depth at this point with a chance to start year 2 or 3 or even later this season 

Brandon Stephens - a lot more bad plays than good but has been thrust into more playing time than was anticipated with injuries. I’m optimistic going forward, but he’s definitely been thrown into the fire and looks a bit outmatched at the moment. 

Tylan Wallace hasn’t played 

Shaun Wade - traded for peanuts, not sure if he’s played for NE 

Ben Mason - signed with New England I didn’t understand this pick at the time and now I hate it 

Daelin Hayes - injured hasn’t seen the field really

15 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

He was red flagged for having Todd Gurley-esque degenerative knees. So basically he's got 1-3 years before his explosiveness nosedives.

Edited by Jeezla

2 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

He was red flagged for having Todd Gurley-esque degenerative knees.

Tony Pauline reported that, but Dan Duggan's source gave him a clean bill of health.

https://www.si.com/college/georgia/news/georgia-football-azeez-ojulari-first-round-nfl-draft

I don't know if he does or doesn't have a degenerative knee condition, but some team doctors made that evaluation while others didn't. Certain teams having that marked against him is certainly why he fell.